Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
On snap the Kaley thing was real? I saw that yesterday but I just blew it off as fake. I liked the previous chick, I thought she was beautiful, at least from the neck up. But I like KC too and she is definitely lucky, if its true. R we even sure he and Gina broke up?

It's all total speculation. In fact, even though very little surprises me online anymore, I raised my eyebrow at how quickly this story spread today. From what I can tell, one of Henry's fans on IMDB claimed she saw the two of them together a few days ago at a hotel bar in LA. Someone else pointed out that Kaley was in New York at the time, so it didn't really make sense. Suddenly, US Weekly claimed they were dating this morning. I wasn't surprised to see other trashy sites picking up the rumor, but I was pretty shocked to see the SF Chronicle, LA Times, and even CBS news reporting it as if it was true within a few hours.

This is all based on a short paragraph by a writer US Weekly, who claims that an "insider" said they were together. Meanwhile, no one has actually seen them together. These articles are also suddenly stating that Gina and Henry ended their relationship in May, as if it was a known fact. Really? When did that happen?

I wouldn't trust anything that's posted online anymore.

Last edited:
Regarding the whole no sense of humor thing, I think Henry just takes his job very seriously and you can kind of see he normally takes the serious roles rather than any comedic roles. I do however think he should lighten up a bit when it comes to press interviews, since most of the time they are fairly light hearted and in some of them they came across as awkward for this reason alone.

they were awkward because they were awkward and stupid questions

is he suppose to play along for these dumb interviewers entertainment

My Tumblr dashboard is filled with rage over this news. *grabs popcorn* :lmao:
:funny: Serial monogamist is right! Geez, that guy can't be alone. But I suppose if you look the way he does...why would you bother? :oldrazz:

Regarding the whole no sense of humor thing, I think Henry just takes his job very seriously and you can kind of see he normally takes the serious roles rather than any comedic roles. I do however think he should lighten up a bit when it comes to press interviews, since most of the time they are fairly light hearted and in some of them they came across as awkward for this reason alone.
You don't have to have a sense of humor ALL the time to be funny. When Jon Stewart got the Daily Show gig, some of his acquaintances were like, "Jon?! But he's not funny!" :funny:

You mostly have to be extremely clever and quick-witted. Most people can't pull it off, even if they are very intelligent in other ways. :oldrazz:

Henry should just continue to do his thing. Christian Bale made quite a career for himself despite being a humorless Debbie Downer, and only mellowed in time to pick up his Oscar. :hehe:

i thought henry was very easy going and open in his leno interview he was very charming i swear people act like he is sean penn lol

why does everyone need to be rdj or ryan reynolds

RDJ is just too damn witty. The things that comes out of his mouth... :argh: Do you think if I abuse drugs, I could be that way too? :funny:

RDJ can be fun, but occasionally he crosses the smarmy line. It's like "Okay, we get it, Robert..." :o

i thought henry was very easy going and open in his leno interview he was very charming i swear people act like he is sean penn lol

why does everyone need to be rdj or ryan reynolds

Yeah I think it depends on his mood and the one interviewing him. Like for the MoS press interviews in the US, he seemed pretty annoyed at times, I am thinking that he was just tired. He was more relaxed and cheery during the Australian and UK promos.
He has a sense of humor but I think by nature he's a serious type of person. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I don't think the Kaley and Henry thing is true but if it is, then good for him Kaley seems like an outgoing and bubbly girl (or maybe I'm associating Penny with her)

Oh so Kaley took a pic at a theatre of her staring dreamily at Superman/Henry and someone ran with it? Or at least thats kinda what it looks like.
I do think Henry has the a little of the Christian Bale disease aka "I'm too serious for my own good" Makes you want to get a pair of pliers and take the British stick out their bum.

Oh so Kaley took a pic at a theatre of her staring dreamily at Superman/Henry and someone ran with it? Or at least thats kinda what it looks like.
I do think Henry has the a little of the Christian Bale disease aka "I'm too serious for my own good" Makes you want to get a pair of pliers and take the British stick out their bum.

:dry:

I've seen absolutely nothing that suggests that.

As long as he isn't disrespectful to people, I see no problem with Cavill being a bit serious. On CBS This Morning, Snyder mentioned that he was raised in a military family; so maybe that has something to do with his demeanor at times. Some people -- especially those who feel a need to live their lives vicariously though celebrities -- may not like it, but you can't please everyone; and you shouldn't want to in the first place. I just hope he continues making more Superman movies.

As long as he isn't disrespectful to people, I see no problem with Cavill being a bit serious. On CBS This Morning, Snyder mentioned that he was raised in a military family; so maybe that has something to do with his demeanor at times. Some people -- especially those who feel a need to live their lives vicariously though celebrities -- may not like it, but you can't please everyone; and you shouldn't want to in the first place. I just hope he continues making more Superman movies.

Regardless of cavill, i've heard people bring this up here quite a bit for some reason? the military people i've ever met or friends who are friends of them usually have great senses of humor and are far from being up-tight or extra serious, it's usually the opposite actually.

So i'm not sure how this misnomer about people in the military or military families came to be?

If it does, that really shows how nonsensical the suggestion was to begin with...

"Cavill's dating her? She's brunette, too! SHE MUST BE WONDER WOMAN!!!.... oh, they're broken up now? Well, never mind, then..."

It's just going to be slightly awkward on set :oldrazz:

i dont think he is overly serious like i said he was fun and charming and very playful on leno and even the Graham Norton show if he wants to have some fun he will do a talk show like leno or ellen

junket interviews is where he is selling his film and his character i wouldn't have time for this stupid awkward questions either

alot of these interviewers like to be all cute and get a rise out of celebrities

He's not overly serious at all, also whoever said he needs to get that British stick out of his bum was talking crap? So would it be right to call all americans drugged up wastes of spaces because of people like Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton etc. Come on that was a stupid comment.

Henry comes across as someone whose nice, charming and very greatful for where he is right now.

I would say Cavill is a bit prissy or atleast comes across as prissy. I imagine he is slightly a jock-type in real life, or atleast that is what I think would be his natural person.

I think he's trying very hard to not come across as a jock-type and and that's why he feels stiff and restrained. I think he should be his natural self. A little bit of cockiness never hurt anyone.

And he would be a much better interview if he were cocky. I noticed that interviewers enjoyed interviewing Crowe much more because he can be cocky and disarming. For his Immortals interviews, he was a little bit cocky and the interviews were much better.

Gerard Butler is one of the best interviews out there because all of his swaggering bravado is actually very amiable and friendly and inviting. Cavill seems like he would rather shut down the interview.

Gerard Butler is one of the best interviews out there because all of his swaggering bravado is actually very amiable and friendly and inviting. Cavill seems like he would rather shut down the interview.

I know this may shock you, but some people may not enjoy answering the same idiot questions over and over.

Of the interviews I've seen, the only time Cavill seemed truly irritated was when some moron asked him if he had to use a sock ever to "fill out" the new uniform.

Cavill seems like a nice guy, who is a bit reserved, and possibly even shy. I think his interviews are fine.

Stoic, dry humor doesn't really go over well in the states. It just doesn't. I mean you have exceptions, but we like expressiveness. I notice a lot of actors we dig are that way, kind of, "yeah, I'm here to do my job, not gossip with you." Unfortunately that is what the media wants.

I don't understand why people are complaining that he takes his interviews "too seriously".
That's a bad thing ? I laugh so hard when an interviewer asks the stupidest question possible and he answers completely straight-faced.
Henry takes his job seriously, I respect that.
I also respect the fact that it seems that maybe he just does not like the promo side of movies and Hollywood. He doesn't like sitting through interviews, I don't blame him.

I wanna hang out with Henry Cavill and eat Italian food with him.
tumblr_mp031lwJHn1r6kdy4o5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mp031lwJHn1r6kdy4o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mp031lwJHn1r6kdy4o2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mp031lwJHn1r6kdy4o3_r2_250.gif

:D He is smiling in this interview. I don't see any "seriousness".

you know who henry act like in interviews

clark freaking kent very nice and down to eath and very charming and a gentleman

and with these stupid questions he got you know what
tumblr_me2rtrmkw61raoufq.gif

When you become a celebrity you set yourself up for criticism. We went from all these stories of how humble and charming Cavill is to being serious, stuck-up, and dumping his GF for Kaley.

He better get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"