Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to admire Routh's looks but the more I saw of him the more "eh" he became. There is a blandness to his good looks

My Wife felt the same, and actually said based purely on look, he was better looking with white hair in that Scott Pilgrim movie. I can see what she meant.

I tried to admire Routh's looks but the more I saw of him the more "eh" he became. There is a blandness to his good looks and I think he is a bad actor with very little screen presence .

I thought that Cavill had pretty good screen prescence in Immortals and was decent acting wise. That film isn't about acting though so no one was amazing or anything. I don't think you need a superb actor for the role or anything but I could hardly stand Routh. He did have a good Superman look though.

The biggest difference between Cavill and Routh is sex appeal, Cavill has him completely beat in that area. And as a young lady, it's awesome seeing a sexy Superman.

Most definitely.

I know it must seem like it from the outside looking in at this thread, but it really isn't just about his physical appearance :hehe:

The reason that he is so entrancing is his charisma. He is the epitome of class in every interview, has a subtle, intelligent sense of humour and has a raw sexual magnetism that he can crank up (as seen in the Tudors), to the point of having a bit of 'bad boy' about him as well.

Routh has none of that. He's an attractive man, sure. You could never call him ugly, and I know I thought he was beautiful when he was first call and all the way through SR.

But I was a lot younger then. I'm not into that kind of thing anymore. I'm into manly sexy beasts! :p

Most definitely.

I know it must seem like it from the outside looking in at this thread, but it really isn't just about his physical appearance :hehe:

The reason that he is so entrancing is his charisma. He is the epitome of class in every interview, has a subtle, intelligent sense of humour and has a raw sexual magnetism that he can crank up (as seen in the Tudors), to the point of having a bit of 'bad boy' about him as well.

Routh has none of that. He's an attractive man, sure. You could never call him ugly, and I know I thought he was beautiful when he was first call and all the way through SR.

But I was a lot younger then. I'm not into that kind of thing anymore. I'm into manly sexy beasts! :p

Funny thing is my neighbor is a big comic book fan but is not going to MOS cause he doesn't like Superman. However, his girlfriend is going. She loved him from Tudors and loves his rear (ahem) "assets".

The thing that got me to come around on Cavill was seeing him from ComiCon footage and interacting with fans. In the Immortals panel he was reserved and almost shy in answering questions - letting the others have the spotlight. Yet I saw a video of him interacting w/fans outside a restaurant and he was incredibly funny, giving of his time to all the fans present - he guaranteed autographs to all. Not shy at all.

I saw him in an interview and he mentioned his 4 brothers and very seriously said they were all better looking than him. Very modest about himself it seems.

He has class - the British are known for that. Not so much Americans. He always says thank you and pardon me.

After seeing that I was sold.

He is a pretty boy but also has a manly rugged quality. Guys appreciate that as opposed to a strict pretty boy type. He's someone you'd love to go out and have a beer with - from a guy's perspective.

Last edited:
I'm a bit upset with a friend...she won't see MoS since Superman/Clark's being played by a Brit, Superman should be exclusively American in her opinion :dry:

Of all the things to potentially nitpick about a film...and this is it :nono:

Her loss. LOL. I can still oggle Henry. :hrt: :atp:

^ Unfriend...

Funny thing is my neighbor is a big comic book fan but is not going to MOS cause he doesn't like Superman. However, his girlfriend is going. She loved him from Tudors and loves his rear (ahem) "assets".

The thing that got me to come around on Cavill was seeing him from ComiCon footage and interacting with fans. In the Immortals panel he was reserved and almost shy in answering questions - letting the others have the spotlight. Yet I saw a video of him interacting w/fans outside a restaurant and he was incredibly funny, giving of his time to all the fans present - he guaranteed autographs to all. Not shy at all.

I saw him in an interview and he mentioned his 4 brothers and very seriously said they were all better looking than him. Very modest about himself it seems.

He has class - the British are known for that. Not so much Americans. He always says thank you and pardon me.

After seeing that I was sold.

He is a pretty boy but also has a manly rugged quality. Guys appreciate that as opposed to a strict pretty boy type. He's someone you'd love to go out and have a beer with - from a guy's perspective.

I'd love to go for a beer with him! Especially after he said he likes a woman to be a good drinking buddy :p

I'm a bit upset with a friend...she won't see MoS since Superman/Clark's being played by a Brit, Superman should be exclusively American in her opinion :dry:

But Batman and Spiderman are okay? Why be character-ist? :oldrazz:

But yes, more for you to ogle. :atp:

Aw man that sucks. Well, I'm sure we all talked about how many of our heroes are being played by British actors.

Aw man that sucks. Well, I'm sure we all talked about how many of our heroes are being played by British actors.

If their a decent actor and can pull off the roll, why give a flying fig? LOL.

The British actor issue, which continues to rear its head, never bugged me in the least.

But Batman and Spiderman are okay? Why be character-ist?

I might give her Andrew, she is aware of his dual citizenship and has used that in her defense of of Spider-Man, but I may offer a rebuttal and have to re-remind her of Christian. :yay:

If their a decent actor and can pull off the roll, why give a flying fig? LOL.

The British actor issue, which continues to rear its head, never bugged me in the least.

I might give her Andrew, she is aware of his dual citizenship and has used that in her defense of of Spider-Man, but I may offer a rebuttal and have to re-remind her of Christian. :yay:

Oh no I totally agree. I mean it's not like they're gonna hop on screen WITH their British accent haha. They're actors, good actors, and they know what they're doing.

And are you kidding me? Andrew is my fav of the bunch. Garfield ftw.

^ Unfriend...

I'd love to go for a beer with him! Especially after he said he likes a woman to be a good drinking buddy :p
Uh, I have never tasted a drop of alcohol but if Henry freakin Cavill asked me to have a beer with him I would. :o

Last edited:

I've never understood this mentality at all for any character. It's just an actor on a screen. As long as he's convinced her that he's the character he claims to be, why does she care where he comes from?

Sorry if this isn't the right thread or its suppose to be in the Cavill thread. But after seeing the trailers and TV spots I'm very cautiously optimistic. I thought this movie would be another flop, but it looks to be epic.

But 2 things are still driving me crazy. Cavill simply isn't tall enough. Supes should be 6'3 to 6'5. Just my opinion.

Second the no split curl is just annoying the hell out of me. I know Synder wanted to be different and totally ignore the Donner universe but Superman's height is important and the split curl is iconic. Superman without it is like Darth Vader without the breathing, Batman without his utility belt, Ferraris without gasoline engines, the yankess without pinstripes. Its something iconic that makes his recognizeable.

It just aint right!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else bothered by these 2 things?

Sorry if this isn't the right thread or its suppose to be in the Cavill thread. But after seeing the trailers and TV spots I'm very cautiously optimistic. I thought this movie would be another flop, but it looks to be epic.

But 2 things are still driving me crazy. Cavill simply isn't tall enough. Supes should be 6'3 to 6'5. Just my opinion.

Second the no split curl is just annoying the hell out of me. I know Synder wanted to be different and totally ignore the Donner universe but Superman's height is important and the split curl is iconic. Superman without it is like Darth Vader without the breathing, Batman without his utility belt, Ferraris without gasoline engines, the yankess without pinstripes. Its something iconic that makes his recognizeable.

It just aint right!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else bothered by these 2 things?

Possibly he'll get the spit curl somewhere in the movie, but height isn't an issue imo. What are you going to do, take a tape measure to the movies?:cwink: BTW. Robert Downey Jr is about 5' 7" and change. Does he look small on the screen? Movie magic baby!

Last edited:
I'm not bothered by it, it's time to move on and advance the character.

See the movie .
I am sure that you will see many great things that will outweigh your concerns .

Possibly he'll get the spit curl somewhere in the movie, but height isn't an issue imo. What are you going to do, take a tape measure to the movies?:cwink: BTW. Robert Downey Jr is about 5' 7" and change. Does he look small on the screen? Movie magic baby!

...I'm taller than Robert Downey Jr.?

*paradigm shift*

.........This is actually worth a thread?
blankstare-CtA.gif

On The Daily Show, RDJ was the same height as Jon Stewart (who's 5'7") and it was ADORABLE! :awesome: Usually the guests tower over Jon, so it was nice to see someone his size for once. :funny:

And of course a few inches in height doesn't matter, as long they have the right general body type to play the character....

I never got the obsession with height on the big screen. I guess the dude playing Superman should be tallish. And that's what Cavil is. He's tall enough and Superman doesn't get his powers from being 6'3-6'5."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"