Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should work on that verb placement. :o

Didn't do much good though, I quite hated that entire run. For all the coverage and discussions it started, my first read through was a very big bore.

They said they want to reveal the suit before pics are leaked so I don't think they'll wait for filming some action before releasing the pic. Either way, a good suit is a good suit, whether Superman is moving or not.
I would assume a scene like that would be shot on a soundstage, so there wouldn't be a risk of leaked pics until they moved to outdoor shooting with the suit.

True though I'd prefer mostly location shooting. I just think if they suit looks as fantastic as Cavill says it is, then a stationary shot will still be awesome. I don't think they should use some action shot to hide a crappy suit, not that it's going to be. An arms crossed pose is fine with me.

Oh geez read this on comment section of supermanhomepage. Probably fake, but if we don't get much (or at all) Clark Kent reporter I will be pissed.

"We will get the farm boy Kent, but do not expect to see him immediately in his role at the Daily Planet with Lois. It may be that Superman arrives on the scene and establishes himself prior to Clark Kent's start as a reporter. Superman may also be the turning point of Lois' career. So those expecting early interaction between the buddy crew could be disappointed. We will see his time in Smallville, exploration into Kryptonian mythology, and his transition to the hero we know as Superman. The reporter Kent will not be a big part of the first film."

Oh geez read this on comment section of supermanhomepage. Probably fake, but if we don't get much (or at all) Clark Kent reporter I will be pissed.

If he isn't much of one, it could always be something which is established in the first but be more prominent in a sequel. They don't have to touch on every single aspect in my opinon, there's plenty of room to explore later (if we get sequels)

Would explain the lack of casting for both Perry and Jimmy. Hmm...

Would explain the lack of casting for both Perry and Jimmy. Hmm...

:(

I want reporter Clark. I'm not saying I believe this. But I do see the thought process in the lack of news on these characters. It kind of makes sense :(

I don't know very much of Superman, nor am I really a fan of his, but I do like comic book heroes, (see avy) so I know a thing or two. I know that Clark and Lois are reporters for the Daily Planet, and know it's sort of in-line with Peter Parker being a photographer for the Daily Bugle or Bruce Wayne being CEO of Wayne Enterprises. But, for a reboot like this, something where you want to show a different side of Superman, I think barely covering or just mentioned the Daily Planet is the way to go. Especially mentioning. This way, the movie can concentrate on characters and story, so that in the sequel, the Daily Planet can become a large focus without having the risk of cramming the story of overshadowing the characters (which would be pre-established by said sequel)

Just my thoughts. It seems they are doing something similar with the Daily Bugle in the form of a mention but no show in The Amazing Spider-Man and they barely touched upon Bruce's role in Wayne Enterprises (even though it was just a way for him to get his equipment) in Batman Begins so I thought I would bring the idea over here.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perry, Jimmy and The Daily Planet weren't in the movie. There's no JJ in Spider-Man...

But if the rumours are true, that Lois is in Smallville to cover the tornado destruction, I'm guessing she and Clark will join up in some way, maybe for a lesser known newspaper?

I think barely covering or just mentioned the Daily Planet is the way to go. Especially mentioning. This way, the movie can concentrate on characters story, so that in the sequel, the Daily Planet can become a large focus without having the risk of cramming the story of overshadowing the characters (which would be pre-established by said sequel)

If that rumor has truth and there is little to no reporter Clark in the reboot, that is a bold move. It would be a let down for me, as we don't know if we even get a second film! I see him as an entire character and that includes the Smallville stuff, Kal-el, and Clark as a reporter for me. You can not chance taking out this part of the character in a new movie, cause a sequel is not a guarantee.

There is no reason to cram everything into one movie. This a reboot. When you risk cramming every Superman story element into one film, you risk having a muddled down mess. Why not center the movie around his origin? How he came to earth, how he discovered his powers, how he decided to become Superman, and how he's going to stop a threat to humanity (Zod)? Once he's established you can focus on his reporting gig, Lex Luthor, etc. No need to cram this movie with everything to please fanboys. I just want a good balanced movie with focus on how he came to be.

If that rumor has truth and there is little to no reporter Clark in the reboot, that is a bold move. It would be a let down for me, as we don't know if we even get a second film! I see him as an entire character and that includes the Smallville stuff, Kal-el, and Clark as a reporter for me. You can not chance taking out this part of the character in a new movie, cause a sequel is not a guarantee.

Oh. There is no guaranteed sequel? :( Oh, crap. Well...I have no idea then. Maybe Snyder meant more than we thought when he said him and Goyer "found a really great way of retelling Superman in a modern world."

No guaranteed sequel boggles my mind...

You can not chance taking out this part of the character in a new movie, cause a sequel is not a guarantee.

But you also cannot take the chance in packing too much into one movie and risk having a bad movie. A balanced movie about Superman's origins that is good will have a sequel. I think the legal issues will get resolved, especially with the likely success of Man of Steel.

No guaranteed sequel boggles my mind...

I was surprised when I had originally thought this was supposed to be a trilogy. I don't think Snyder has done ONE sequel. The 3 movies of his that really stand out are all one-shots. But the news that there may be no sequel makes sense with Snyder at the helm.

Oh. There is no guaranteed sequel? :( Oh, crap. Well...I have no idea then. Maybe Snyder meant more than we thought when he said him and Goyer "found a really great way of retelling Superman in a modern world."

I really doubt they won't have him as a reporter in the movie, or at least a sequel. He could reveal himself as Superman, defeat Zod and maybe apply for a job at the Daily Planet at the end of the movie. He could even write a world exclusive article on Superman in order to get the job.

WB ain't investing this heavily into a film without sequels in mind.

But you also cannot take the chance in packing too much into one movie and risk having a bad movie. A balanced movie about Superman's origins that is good will have a sequel. I think the legal issues will get resolved, especially with the likely success of Man of Steel.

I guess the up side would be, Clark not starting the same exact time that Superman appears. That has always seemed a bit cheesy.

Being scared of a future setback before the first film sucks, but welcome to being a Superman fan. If I had it my way we'd get a 3.5 hr film that has all the origin stuff and every character fully established by the end. :p

Really not believing that about no sequel... if this is as awesome as we're all expecting, it'll get a couple sequels.

WB ain't investing this heavily into a film without sequels in mind.

That is not the point. Of course it is in mind, and hopefully the film is good and will be backed up by the general audience. Just not a guarantee.

Look at freaking GL. TIH has been quiet. A movie could be made that pleases fans, but with Superman luck - it does not get an immediate sequel. I've never seen more failures for a franchise in film than Superman. Too many times it has went downhill.

This is a one off... After this, I thought all film rights for a Superman movie go back to the Shuster and Siegel group...

Really not believing that about no sequel... if this is as awesome as we're all expecting, it'll get a couple sequels.

I didn't say I expect no sequel. I just acknowledge there is no guarantee. Please don't twist what I'm saying guys :(

Nothing is guaranteed a sequel, even if it's planned to be a franchise. I don't see why this is a surprise. If the film flops, you'd be out of your damn mind to splash out another cool hundred million to fund a dying product.

If Green Lantern can get a sequel, I'd be shocked if Superman doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"