• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ They are so stupid. My friends and I were the first people to wear those type of glasses, but now they're so not in. Hot Wheels key chains and hair accessories are what's cool now. [/hipster] ;)

I guess lol, but alot of people that are late to the game still wear them or want one

This is the hairstyle he seemed to be sporting as Superman, in the promo pic and some of the set pics. The slicked back thing. It's not so bad.

4185695_orig.jpg

I guess the issue is, how does glasses fit in realistically (as suspended of belief as the disguise itself may already be) when a bunch of people have seen Clark without the glasses already?

It's one thing if the guy disappeared into the Arctic for 12 years with no one having seen him..and I could buy that he went under a different alias and that the beard help during his travels around the world, but what about the people in SV and the citizens of Metropolis that he's interacted with as Clark Kent already? Hmmmmmm....

I think that sooner or later, in the comics, TV shows and films, some writer will just make it canon that Clark's glasses emit some kind of hypno-ray that makes people unable to recognize him as Superman. Didn't they have that at one point in the comics a long time ago? If so, they'd bring it back.

The only alternative is to do what audiences have been doing for the last 70+ years: suspending our disbelief.

I think that sooner or later, in the comics, TV shows and films, some writer will just make it canon that Clark's glasses emit some kind of hypno-ray that makes people unable to recognize him as Superman. Didn't they have that at one point in the comics a long time ago? If so, they'd bring it back.

The only alternative is to do what audiences have been doing for the last 70+ years: suspending our disbelief.

I'm hoping that Goyer was able to find a way to go into great detail as to explaining the effectiveness in creating his disguise like how he and Nolan did with Batman's costume.

I'm hoping that Goyer was able to find a way to go into great detail as to explaining the effectiveness in creating his disguise like how he and Nolan did with Batman's costume.

Well considering he wrote both there's a good chance.

this pic gives me promise for Cavil as this character.
manofsteel_03.jpg

Looks like Cavill is heading back to work...
391106_149366208506807_100003002874362_207214_2123302662_n.jpg

and signing an autograph for some kid.
407374_163956250378777_100002932083726_265781_1145498175_n.jpg

Does anybody find it kind of funny the kid is wearing a Batman shirt. :funny:

That kid's a *****e! Look at the lil' smirk he has. He knows what he's doing...

Cavill should've yelled "FALCON PUUUNNCCHH" and socked him right in the gut.

Due to Mr Cavill continually sporting nice looking warm fleeces, I actually started finding my old housemate very attractive... just because he was wearing one :p

Here's a good one of Cavill at the airport yesterday (01-02-12), he looks to have a weight-lifting shirt on. :)

He's beautiful. :D

Here's a good one of Cavill at the airport yesterday (01-02-12), he looks to have a weight-lifting shirt on. :)

He seems like one of those guys who generally loves to be in the kind of shape, as well as the bodybuilding lifestyle and may want to maintain what he has gained.

Some actors talk about the training for a physical role, and you can tell they hate it, and cannot wait to go back to skinnyfat.

Cavill, who was obese as a child seems to appreciate the body he has built. Enough to be wearing "gym clothing".

He could just go back to normal like a lot of actors do, but I have a feeling he may keep most of it.

Some actors put on muscle and look overly bulky, which is another reason they go back to their normal size - it restricts the type of film roles they can go for. Cavill has an advantage in that when he's fully clothed (like in the pics above), you wouldn't really have a great idea that he's so ripped and muscular underneath. Sure he looks chiselled facially, but he's always had that. That gives him a lot of flexibility with whatever films he ends up doing after/between Superman films.

Nice to see hope we get some set pics in the coming weeks :p

He seems like one of those guys who generally loves to be in the kind of shape, as well as the bodybuilding lifestyle and may want to maintain what he has gained.

Some actors talk about the training for a physical role, and you can tell they hate it, and cannot wait to go back to skinnyfat.

Cavill, who was obese as a child seems to appreciate the body he has built. Enough to be wearing "gym clothing".

He could just go back to normal like a lot of actors do, but I have a feeling he may keep most of it.

Exactly my feelings! In one of his recent interviews, he said he will be keeping his muscle gains, he said it was to much work to lose it, and that he wasn't going back to being flabby for no role (as he did in Cold Light of Day).

He's one of the most legit actors I've ever seen, just a straight up good all around guy, so enthusiastic, appreciative of everything and everyone around him, and just loves his job.

I could easilly see him as a fitness trainer, he has that enthusiasm and certain quality about himself that would motivate those around him, he has an incredible drive to push himself.

:)

Yeah, I see Cavill as having the exact same attitude as Hugh Jackman who also tends to stay large and cut year round. I doubt he would take a role that asked him to lose his hard work either.

Yeah, I see Cavill as having the exact same attitude as Hugh Jackman who also tends to stay large and cut year round. I doubt he would take a role that asked him to lose his hard work either.

Yeah, I hope so as well, but I can understand the possible worries of being typecast if someone like Cavill maintains a muscular physique after making his breakthrough (knock on wood) in Man of Steel. Based on what Bale's weight fluctuations have done to his face, I hope Cavill doesn't go the same route. I mean it suits Bruce Wayne to look gaunt and worn down, but not Superman.

Well, if Cavill got typecast in action roles its not the end of the world.

Plenty of very great careers have been made that way. Getting regular work and staring roles with very good pay as an established star would likely make him plenty happy, even if they are mostly action star roles.

Even so he can still mostly hide his build in the right clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"