Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
When she sees MOS that will change, my friend. I assume she has seen SR?

No, she's 2 (turned in Aug), she can't sit for all of SR. She loves DC animation with him though, and she's got Superman t-shirts. I don't think she has seen any of the feature films from start to finish, maybe bits here and there. But hey, we even watched Public Enemies Yesterday morning.

She at this moment quite a few minutes after my last post with her seeing BR she's still running around the house saying "Superman flying" with her arms up.

Just a little note to you guys. My 2 year old niece was just walking by and she saw the picture of Cavill in the MOS costume and didn't stop. She did however crawl up on my lap and started pointing at the screen saying "Superman" and pointing to Brandon out of costume.

So far my niece has not responded favorably to Henry, or the new costume. When I show her she says "Superman shirt" because she has one and just assumes that Henry is wearing one. While show her CR, BR, DC or any of the animation with the classic costume.

Cavill will redefine the Superman look I think. They wanted the dark and badass angry alien god this time around, not the kid-friendly boyscout.

I support this. I think the Reeve/Routh look and approach is too antequated. The character needed a drastic overhaul to become relevant again.

The comics seem to be taking a similar approach, playing up the alien aspect of Superman and making him a threatening action-oriented warrior.

And why does a 2 year old matter.... you want 2 year olds calling the shots or are you saying something about people who like Routh? lol, joking.

After she sees Man of Steel, I'm sure she'll be doing the same afterwards with Cavill.

A 2 year old does matter. Its all about iconography. But we shall see how this all shakes out.

I think it's nice Brandon has a fan :)

Though I don't see how the recognition that a 2 year old fails to make with Cavill when there isn't even a movie out yet with him as Superman, tells us ANYTHING about how much the suit is recognisable as Superman.

I know 2 year olds that will answer 'Spongebob' when pointed towards a Smurf doll and asked 'Who's this then?'

It's not the best source of information on the subject.

She is quite a bit more diserning than that. As I said, she has not seen Cavill in anything but those MOS pics. She didn't see SR either but recognized him as Superman. She recognizes one as Superman while another as wearing a "Superman shirt" as she puts it.

Personally, I think its cute. She's a big fan of the Fleischer cartoons too.

Shouldn't she recognise the SR suit as the t shirt since his collar I'n that movie looks like a t shirt? Lol

The MOS costume has a proper big, bold S on his chest, the red is actually red, the boots are more comic accurate, it has a proper, comic accurate designed cape and cape attachment. The only thing missing is the trunks and lets face it after the womens underwear brandon wore in SR. I'm glad they eliminated them. Its horrible to look at anyway. The MOS suit is far more superman than anything SR attempted

Well if you look at thing Brandon Routh has a lot of fans it was the movie that was mixed. A lot of people saw him as Superman or a person who could have been a good Superman just part of a bad project. The same could be said for Welling as well.

Brandon was a good Superman given the right script and story.

If you want to blame anybody, blame Bryan Singer, he just......... didn't.......... get............it...........

She is quite a bit more diserning than that. As I said, she has not seen Cavill in anything but those MOS pics. She didn't see SR either but recognized him as Superman. She recognizes one as Superman while another as wearing a "Superman shirt" as she puts it.

Personally, I think its cute. She's a big fan of the Fleischer cartoons too.

Whether or not you think she has seen SR, she has obviously picked up that Brandon Routh's face is Superman from somewhere...

A storybook, a poster, a lunchbox, top trumps cards, toys, an advert on TV etc. All of which actually TELL her this is Superman.

You can't expect the same kind of recognition from a girtty dark image or a fan rendering of a set picture. OF COURSE that looks like 'a guy wearing a superman suit'... It's an amature photo.

Last edited:
Lol I'm wondering what point your making by posting that about your daughter......??

Whether or not you think she has seen SR, she has obviously picked up that Brandon Routh's face is Superman from somewhere...

A storybook, a poster, a lunchbox, top trumps cards, toys, an advert on TV etc. All of which actually TELL her this is Superman.

You can't expect the same kind of recognition from a girtty dark image or a fan rendering of a set picture. OF COURSE that looks like 'a guy wearing a superman suit'... It's an amature photo.

Oh I can be pretty certain. After all, it's just my sister, myself and my 2 nieces. In any case, she did recognize BR as Superman, maybe she picked it up probably seeing the dvd cover or something.

Superman and the kids, gotta love that stuff.

I just saw "Immortals" (In a tini city in México, where movies take months to arrive) and Cavill's tone of voice and some of his postures are perfect for Superman. "Immortals" sucked (IMO) so I cant have a correct assesment of Cavill's acting capacities, so I'll just wait and see.

Routh looked big in Dylan Dog movie, maybe he looks more suited for the role now than he did during SR.

brandon-routh-anna-kendrick-01.jpg
But Dylan Dog is a bad film and routh acting is poor too.
i wonder why didn't he be given more chances to star in some feature films after SR.

I just saw "Immortals" (In a tini city in México, where movies take months to arrive) and Cavill's tone of voice and some of his postures are perfect for Superman. "Immortals" sucked (IMO) so I cant have a correct assesment of Cavill's acting capacities, so I'll just wait and see.
but here is the thing, you say Immortals sucked, but Cavill did good in acting............ so you give MOS which is guranteed to be okay at least, than Cavill should do great as Superman

Where's the stalkerazzi when you need them. My body is ready for new Cavill pics.

Yeah seriously... enough talk about former Superman actors.

But Dylan Dog is a bad film and routh acting is poor too.
i wonder why didn't he be given more chances to star in some feature films after SR.

Because i think everyone knows that he's not a strong actor

but here is the thing, you say Immortals sucked, but Cavill did good in acting............ so you give MOS which is guranteed to be okay at least, than Cavill should do great as Superman

More like Cavill didn't have a good chance to shine in that movie, and I believe that a good director can push him into being a great superman.

Sooo, yes, kind of the same thing uh?

In this case, I'd blame the script over the director.

I think Cavill delivered tremendously in Immortals, with a script that gave him very very little to work on. But he made all the lines that could have come out really cliched and boring have a little bit of life to them - I found that really impressive, and that would be a combination of his own input and what Tarsem asked for in his delivery.

With MOS, he will hopefully have more of a chance to find the character within the script, instead of building an idea of the character from scracth/from talking to Tarsem, and then having to find ways to realise that when the script doesn't really offer you much opportunity.

Yeah, the script in Immortals was seriously flawed. Cavill and Rourke pretty much saved the movie, IMO... had it not been for their performances, it probably would have felt like Clash of the Titans, only with better fight sequences and less interesting-looking villains. I like Tarsem but for him to not recognize some of the problems with that story seriously makes me doubt his competence. Forget the dialogue... I'm talking about story problems that flat out made no sense. A movie where your "chosen" hero pretty much fails at every task set before him doesn't work.

And that Snow White movie looks really, REALLY bad. I'm worried Tarsem could look like the next Schumacher after that thing hits. :(

Yeah, the script in Immortals was seriously flawed. Cavill and Rourke pretty much saved the movie, IMO... had it not been for their performances, it probably would have felt like Clash of the Titans, only with better fight sequences and less interesting-looking villains. I like Tarsem but for him to not recognize some of the problems with that story seriously makes me doubt his competence. Forget the dialogue... I'm talking about story problems that flat out made no sense. A movie where your "chosen" hero pretty much fails at every task set before him doesn't work.

And that Snow White movie looks really, REALLY bad. I'm worried Tarsem could look like the next Schumacher after that thing hits. :(

Agreed on all counts.

And who's idea was it to release two Snow White movies in one year; Tarsem's one is going up against another which is absolutely blatantly going to be more successful (and genuinely does look a bit better). :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"