The Dark Knight Humor in TDK

I hope we get some humor in TDK!

Like "Didn't you get the memo?" and such things in BB
agreed. but not so far from this kind of humor.
I hope "Then you're gonna love me" is as far as they push it.

And you're right about Jonathan. That's what's hyped me up for this movie the most. The writer!
oh...I thought he was talking about Jonathan Crane

oh...I thought he was talking about Jonathan Crane

fail.jpg

I loved the visual humor of the Joker not even looking at the bus driver as he shot him. It shows he really has no remorse. It made me laugh...

That was my favourite part, still chuckled after the third viewing.

lol the part i found funny was the way joker shook his head yes to the mohawk clown after he asked him if the guy was out...."WHERE DID U LEARN TO COUNT?!!!" hehehe

I loved the visual humor of the Joker not even looking at the bus driver as he shot him. It shows he really has no remorse. It made me laugh...

yeah...it's the small things that are gonna make it for me. i'm sure there will be plenty of funny one liners and what not, but for me, what's gonna make Joker funny is his personality and his behavior. the way he raised his voice when he said "like me!", how he didn't just walk in the bus but instead jumped on the seats, and of course...him licking his lips when he said "i like that!" those are the things that stand out in my mind.

YEAH!!! THAT WAS GREAT TOO! He jumped on the seats and stomped his way up to the drivers seat, it reminded me of a lil kid doing that haha
He had to, the aisles were competely clogged with duffle bags full of Benjamins. :yay:

I can imagine the Lucius Fox-Wayne interaction (from the trailer) having similar lines.

"That's more like it, Mr. Wayne!"

When I first heard this, due to the poor quality of the trailer I thought he said, "that's more like it, muscle man!"

Yeah, I always laugh at the Joker in the comics when he does these terrible, violent things, but then I feel guilty about it. That's another layer of complexity to the character: he creates this dissonance between what he does, and how he does it, as well as between what he does and the emotions that it conjures in the reader/viewer (though not always). It can, oddly enough, be confusing at times.

Yeah, I always laugh at the Joker in the comics when he does these terrible, violent things, but then I feel guilty about it. That's another layer of complexity to the character: he creates this dissonance between what he does, and how he does it, as well as between what he does and the emotions that it conjures in the reader/viewer (though not always). It can, oddly enough, be confusing at times.

killings always fun when its done by a clown :yay:

I expect some pretty funny stuff...I mean...this is the Joker here..

-TNC

The prologue was great as far as tone. Criminals who are very comfortable in their line of work hit the right note. The bit about being out of shells was awesome.

Hopefully TDK's humor is close to "And you can borrow the Rolls if you like. Just bring it back with a full tank." and "What's the use of all them push ups if you can't lift a bloody log!".

From looking at the prologue, it's pretty funny watching them getting killed off one by one, like whenhe shoots the bus driver.

The prologue was great as far as tone. Criminals who are very comfortable in their line of work hit the right note. The bit about being out of shells was awesome.

Hopefully TDK's humor is close to "And you can borrow the Rolls if you like. Just bring it back with a full tank." and "What's the use of all them push ups if you can't lift a bloody log!".

Now that I think about it, if Alfred wasn't instilling confidence he was being the comic relief.

"I hope you're not a member of the Fire Brigade."

As much as some people don't want their to be one liners in TDK, there will be. I can't stand the ones that try to sell things to the audience like "Hey, nice ride" or "I gotta get me one of those!".

I don't mind the ones like "Tell them that joke you know" or "You didn't get the memo?" The reason there will be is because it's still a comic film for most ages. As much as some delusional fanboys want their favorite characters treated in a super serious "adult drama" type manner(even if the comics weren't exactly like that) it won't happen fully. I'm sure this movie is going to be more serious like BB was in relation to a lot of other comic films but they still need to have some comic relief here and there.

While I do hope Jonathan Nolan can write better humour than Goyer I'm not crossing my fingers since, 1. It's based on a comic and 2. WB wants this to appeal to most if not all ages(knowing that adults will probably bring in kids younger than 13).

I'm basically saying, don't get your hopes up lol.

As long as there is no repeat in the corny stuff like "I got get me one of those!" or when Gordon was trying to operate the weapons of the Tumbler, I'm cool with everything else. Oh, "I hope you aren't in the Fire Brigade" was lame too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"