The Dark Knight Humor in TDK

I will have to say forget the humor, except for the joker since that is the nature of his character. Other then that leave it out. I am so sick of all these movies coming out now that make it a requirement to not only have comic relief lines but also comic relief characters. I dont see the need to "lighten the mood" Why? Cant we have a bad ass straight forward no JOKES about it batman. Here is a good example of how bad it has gotten. Terminator and T3, Nightmare on elm street, Alien, Rambo i know the new one is not out but come on you know it is going to be cheezy, the progression of the old batman, even x men, transformers was just ridiculous, Blade. I can keep going. Just stop the cheese.

I will have to say forget the humor, except for the joker since that is the nature of his character. Other then that leave it out. I am so sick of all these movies coming out now that make it a requirement to not only have comic relief lines but also comic relief characters. I dont see the need to "lighten the mood" Why? Cant we have a bad ass straight forward no JOKES about it batman. Here is a good example of how bad it has gotten. Terminator and T3, Nightmare on elm street, Alien, Rambo i know the new one is not out but come on you know it is going to be cheezy, the progression of the old batman, even x men, transformers was just ridiculous, Blade. I can keep going. Just stop the cheese.

Oh, Amen.

Please cut the cheese.

No need for that.

A movie that has no humor will get made fun of just as much as one with too much humor, regardless of how it's played out. You take Batman too serious, it's going to falter...he's dressed as a ****ing bat, for christ's sake.

A movie that has no humor will get made fun of just as much as one with too much humor, regardless of how it's played out. You take Batman too serious, it's going to falter...he's dressed as a ****ing bat, for christ's sake.

Exactly. I honestly thought BB had just the right amount of humor in it. No more, no less.

Most of the 'cheese' humour in BB is what I call 'parent humour.' I find it a little corny and out of place and think the movie would do fine without it, but my parents (in their 50's) find those lines absolutely hilarious.
So I think that's why I wish the cheese was left out, but can forgive it's inclusion since I've always figured those lines are for the parent generation, not mine.

Most of the 'cheese' humour in BB is what I call 'parent humour.' I find it a little corny and out of place and think the movie would do fine without it, but my parents (in their 50's) find those lines absolutely hilarious.
So I think that's why I wish the cheese was left out, but can forgive it's inclusion since I've always figured those lines are for the parent generation, not mine.

I'm 21 and I find those scenes hilarious.....now I know i'm gonna grow up to be an old grump :csad:

Did someone really suggest Jason Mewes as The Joker? UM NO.

Did someone really suggest Jason Mewes as The Joker? UM NO.

that was me lol -
i feel with him taking more serious roles that still have comedy in them he could do a decent job. no heath ledger mind you, but he's still better than tubby jack nicholson.

I'm hoping they won't forget Alfred's dry wit. Not because it's necessary, but because it's part of his character. I don't want him to turn into Aunt May, if you know what I mean.

ASure begins had the "Nice coat" and "Nice ride" were a bit corny, but still it was no Jar Jar Binks in there!

Don't you know that Jar Jar takes over for Alfred in this one? "Misa Wayne, Misa Wayne, lookie! Newsiepaper say Joker BAD! What Batman gonna do you tink?"

Just take the tone of humor found in Begins, and compliment it with better writing.

The humor in TDK will be very subtle, and there's more than likely only gonna be VERY little of it!... You can count on that, and that's the way it SHOULD be!

Lest we forget, these movies are not just for the fanboys online, but for the whole of the mainstream. They have to appeal to everyone a little.

I think the one movie that handles humor well without making it a comedy is The Empire Strikes Back.

yeah, the nice coat and nice ride, etc, lines really made me cringe, but i remember i took my dad to go see it and he was rolling in the aisles at those parts. the guy with dreadlocks walking up to the tumbler and going "nice ride" or whatever was just so, so bad. especially because right after gordon shoots the rockets, the guy just sort of backs off like "uh oh" instead of doing what anybody with half a brain would do, which is run their ass off. like, i wanted to call christopher nolan and chew him out. but then i realized it was most likely goyer's fault. that goyer!

I think the one movie that handles humor well without making it a comedy is The Empire Strikes Back.

i agree with you, and i think TDK will be the empire of this batman series. i just hope that the third one isnt the return of the jedi of this series. no offense if you like that...but man...ewok dance party?

i agree with you, and i think TDK will be the empire of this batman series. i just hope that the third one isnt the return of the jedi of this series. no offense if you like that...but man...ewok dance party?
Good point, hopefully you're right, thus making TDK the best of the series

and LOL@rotj+ewok remark, here are some avatars to should join the dance party:lips::liz::dkm::ikyn

i hope that gordon gets a little soup on his mustache and slurps it off and batman goes "ewww gross!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"