Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

If the reviews tomorrow are super positive, you just know these people are gonna try to discredit it.

Or they'll claim their outrage from the 'leaks' caused the "last minute reshoots" (that didn't happen), and that they're responsible for saving Indy from going woke.

It's fan fiction.
Exactly.

Well, today is the day guys. Gonna be hard to avoid spoilers from here on.

Wow, that dislike ratio.

What gives?

ocihoan4eg0b1.jpg

I’ve seen both Dan Murrell and Grace Randolph say that app extension isn’t accurate at all.

Last edited:
Know what's been getting better the last few years? The hate for Kingdom has slowed down. It got really bad post-2010 and mainly after South Park.

But it seems like it's being seen as part of the family, now. Maybe not the best, but Indy all the same.

For instance, yesterday Disney+ announced all four films were coming to the platform. Most on there were saying they were so excited to watch all four and that they love them all. I kept searching comment sections looking for hate/arguments for Temple and Kingdom, but not as much was found as say like 8 years ago.

Sure, some people still feel like they have to voice anger, but it's much, much less now. A lot of people defend the film in comment sections, too.

And I'm seeing YouTube channels make videos talking about it being a good Indy film.

Warms my heart, a bit.

Granted, in my own life - people just liked it as another Indy film. I never saw much hate outside of comment sections. Even the AMC marathon - people watched it and enjoyed it in a packed crowd just like the others.

Dial of Destiny hopefully doesn't have an uphill battle.
Time heals all perceived fanboy wounds, I suppose. See also: the sudden affection for the Star Wars prequels years later. I also feel like while Temple of Doom is still controversial, people were a lot more unkind to it years ago compared to now.

I will say the merchandise and toys for Kingdom were way more fun, eventful, and cool. Toys of all four films, half a dozen LEGO sets, knickknacks, posters, etc.

The best thing about the Dial of Destiny merch is the Kenner retro revival figures. But outside of that, it's pretty dull.
It was a different time then. Hasbro has scaled back a lot of their movie-based toylines even for bigger franchises like Star Wars and the MCU. In this regard they know what they're doing by aiming it primarily at the collector crowd rather than skewing to the kid crowd.

Alright, I'm like 90% gay at this point in my life - but I'm kind of in love with Phoebe Waller-Bridge. She's tall, funny, talented, and adorably gorgeous.

And I'm super jealous of her career. She's had an awesome trajectory.

That clip did more for me than the second trailer did, by far. That was so well edited and put together - and some amazing shots in there that convey the film's vibe.

I am beyond hyped, now. The 2nd trailer was fine, but it just didn't do it for me after the near perfect first trailer (IMO).

Harrison looks so happy to be doing this. Mangold is doing God's work. Phoebe is killer.

I am buying tickets Monday. I've never bought tickets so far in advance for a film.

Overall, I'm shocked I went from "It's far too late for Indy 5" and groaning when filming began - to being more amped for this than any film in...a decade?

I loved Kingdom, and I'm also ready for Dial to kick its ass. And the ass of the other sequels, hopefully.

This is the most detailed synopsis yet from Deadline. I love the sound of all of this. it fits that "final adventure" theme.

"This time around, as Indy is preparing to retire, things change after a surprise visit from his estranged goddaughter Helena Shaw (Phoebe Waller-Bridge), who is seeking a rare artifact that her father entrusted to him years earlier — the infamous Archimedes Dial, a device that purportedly holds the power to locate fissures in time."

"An accomplished con-artist, Helena steals the dial and swiftly departs the country to sell it to the highest bidder. Left with no choice but to go after her, Indy dusts off his fedora and leather jacket for one final ride. Meanwhile, his old nemesis, Jürgen Voller (Mads Mikkelsen), a former Nazi now working as a physicist in the U.S. space program, has his own plans for the dial, a horrifying scheme that could change the course of world history."

Okay, I'm being a stickler - but for someone who has had to defend this film for a long time, and as someone who digs accuracy - this writing bugs me.

DeadLine - "[KOTCS] got the thumbs-down from critics."

78% on RT and a 65 on MetaCritic is far from the 'thumbs-down'.

Can we just say that fan reaction was mixed or something, and call it a day? Do we have to retroactively repaint critical reception?

Stuff like this bugs me.

Variety has it in for this movie for whatever reason. Their headline is absurd.

Well, the two reviews seem promising. I'm honestly glad about what I hear about Helena's moral character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"