Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I love Harrison Ford but I just don't see how another Indy movie with him is feasible.

The funniest bit in the making of doc, is the storyboard sequencing with the luminous coloured markers, that's hilarious :lmao:

edit : Found it.... Look at their faces.....

Oh god, you can feel the tension in the room

As a huge fan, they need to knock this movie out the park, Harrison bless him, he just seems too old, which is only natural when 76, but i dunno, i just can't see it working considering his son flopped so bad....

The only way this works is if it’s like Star Trek Generations.

Start with Indy in a short sequence, travel forward to the present day with his grandson as the main hero of the film,... and have Indy turn up via some time travel shenanigans for the climax.

Normally I would say that was ridiculous but Crystal Skull introduced aliens from another dimension...

I was satisfied with the franchise ending with the Last Crusade but did look forward to Crystal Skull. After that, I lost most of my interest. I did like the idea of bringing aboard Jonathan Kasdan because I actually liked Solo and never liked David Koepp. But now Kasdan is supposedly out and Dan Fogelman possibly in. I'm not expecting this film to get made.

Fogelman is an interesting choice. The guy is talented and has range. He wrote Tangled for God's sake. And it might be for the best they're bringing in an outsider.

I just hope this isn't about Indy going up against old Nazis or something, unless there's some good reason. My biggest fear is when this gets rebooted, Disney is just gonna pull a Star Wars where every Indy story is just him fighting Nazis set in the 1930's.

I'm always interested in who they choose writing these projects and the variety of screenwriters they've gone through over the years. Tom Stoppard did an uncredited rewrite of Last Crusade where it has been said he essentially redid most of the dialogue. Various elements of previous scripts ended up in Crystal Skull. You had the Frank Darabant script, of course. I've heard of Fogelman and am aware of his overall work but probably haven't seen a single thing of his.

Start with Indy in a short sequence, travel forward to the present day with his grandson as the main hero of the film,... and have Indy turn up via some time travel shenanigans for the climax.

Time travel? In an Indiana Jones movie?

My biggest issue with this whole thing is that in THEORY, IN MY MIND, I absolutely want and can imagine another old school Indy adventure. Problem is, it probably won't be done the way it's in my head. I'm one of the few that thought Ford looked actually really good in Crystal Skull. Can't say I'm that optimistic about the 5th one. But who knows. Who knows.

No to re-boot, if not the 'old gang', kill it. Just don't do anymore, go out with grace.
Too late after Crystal Skull. Leaving it at Last Crusade would have been going out with not just grace but glory! As with the Matrix series (amid talk of a 4th), the risk of ruining the legacy no longer applies as it's already been tarnished.

To quote Ben Affleck, I agree.

If anything I want more of Ford publically sharing his disdain for the idea so when we get the reboot, we know Disney can't bull**** us on Ford being approving.

In a perfect world, Indy should continue in animation.

It really should. Usually I'm open to these types of things but Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. Like I just don't see why cast anybody else as Indy.
If you really need another pulpy hero then Doc Savage is just sitting there although I hear The Rock is cast and Shane Black is working on a script. There is Uncharted, but they're ****ing that all up. And it's sci-fi but I think you can make Adam Strange a sci-fi Indiana Jones esque story.
I'm not super knowledgeable on other pulp adventure characters but there are others out there based on books, comics or whatever.

I know that Indiana Jones is a bigger name, but I don't think that anyone wants to see anyone else in the role.

God that sounds terrible. Not a fan of it at all.

As much as I didnt like Crystal Skull it ended fine. Indy getting married and implying to settle down. I don't want to want to see 80 yr old Ford running around being Indy.

Last edited:
To quote Ben Affleck, I agree.

If anything I want more of Ford publically sharing his disdain for the idea so when we get the reboot, we know Disney can't bull**** us on Ford being approving.

In a perfect world, Indy should continue in animation.
I wonder what Ford's reaction would be if they did reboot and it was a massive hit.

I doubt he'd be that bothered

From the perspective that Indy didn't die and an audience being just fine with him not in the role. It would be kind of amusing to see. I personally have zero interest seeing a 70+ Indy as it its. Maybe he should put us out of our misery and bite the dust.

Last edited:
If Disney wats to do it it's happening.

What can Ford do in this I wonder? Will he have a younger protege that hangs from the side of a tank? That interests me more then anything. Maybe they hire a young star and spinoff a new film series or streaming series based on that.

Let's be honest, this project is about making amends for Crystal Skull as it is anything else. The Last Crusade should have been just that, riding off into the sunset with his old man. Perfect.

I think they need to play Ford’s age into the story in this movie, they did a bit in KOTCS, but not enough for me.

I could see slotting Henry Jones Junior into a version of the Henry Jones Senior role, with a grandchild actually named Indiana potentially carrying the series going forward. Have him hand the hat over for reals this time after wisely skipping Mutt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"