• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

She'll be his carer by the time this comes out, the big action sequence will be her chasing down a van with Indy's stolen Depends pack in it as he needs a change.

She'll be his carer by the time this comes out, the big action sequence will be her chasing down a van with Indy's stolen Depends pack in it as he needs a change.

John Williams’ rousing score will make it sound epic and exciting af though.

Yeah, the jokes can be funny, but he pretty much proved everybody wrong at 65. I know he's a spry 97 years old, but he looks great for his age!

I'm not sure which direction this film will go in in terms of plot, but I have a feeling Indy will be dragged into one last adventure by possibly the new female lead. And I think the themes about age and life could come into play throughout that adventure. I guess we'll see!

I can see her being a colleague, like a new sassy teacher he's working with and brings along to the adventure.

Mark my words. She'll play the snarky character to lend a modernist critique which Disney has been leaning on in their recent films. She'll probably just play a similar type of character like the droid in Solo. I mean, what other kind of character could Disney possibly be getting her to play??? Think surface level and you pretty much get it.

The more I think about this, the more I'm muting my expectations.

According to reddit, there's a casting call out suggesting the movie partially takes place in India.

Mark my words. She'll play the snarky character to lend a modernist critique which Disney has been leaning on in their recent films. She'll probably just play a similar type of character like the droid in Solo. I mean, what other kind of character could Disney possibly be getting her to play??? Think surface level and you pretty much get it.

The more I think about this, the more I'm muting my expectations.

Marcus Brody's grand daughter maybe? I wonder if she'll write her own dialogue

I like Mangold, but an Indiana Jones film without Spielberg and Lucas is worse than an Indiana Jones film without Ford.

Marcus Brody's grand daughter maybe? I wonder if she'll write her own dialogue

I really hope not. But I wouldn't be shocked if she is and she is teaching in Indy's old spot at the university. She finds the macguffin and has to convince a retired Indy to come back.

My prediction for the plot:

The opening will feature Bridge's character who is like the new Indy as a hyper competent and independent yet sexless archeologist and/or professor and discovers that Neo Nazis steal the Ark of the Covenant from the U.S. government. Bridge enlists a retired Indy to help him find it since "he found it before." Indy reluctantly helps, yet she is reluctant too because she thinks she "doesn't need his help." Along the way, the two generations clash in their style and approach and colloquialism. Expect Indy to be called a fossil, a relic or outdated or be depicted as such juxtaposed against Bridge's more modern, snarky character. Also a scene when Indy thinks he needs to save Bridge and in a humorous beat she saves herself.

The trail will lead them around Europe in order not to offend anyone. If there are any foreign locations it will be from the previous movies but a desert is the likeliest one. Indy will be riding a horse and "punching Nazis." Quite possibly an adult Short Round will make an appearance. There's a plot twist when the Neo Nazis are actually working for members of U.S. government who were hired by them to steal it to use for their own gain. Indy will return the Ark to its respective culture. In the end, Indy can truly retire permanently, because he finally resolved something from his past. Indy and Bridge will learn to come to mutually respect each other. Bridge will be the new "Indiana Jones" who will get a Disney Plus spinoff. The themes will either be generations, history repeating itself or passage of time; whatever convenient device is used to justify callbacks to the other movies or make Indy as some sort of "legend" in some way.

At least three of these things will happen.

Last edited:
Please don’t end up being Indy’s long lost daughter :whatever:

That was Lucas's original idea for Crystal Skull before Spielberg nixed it but yeah they already went to that well. And now they are both gone. (Lucas later moved this idea over to Star Wars before Disney - unwisely if you ask me - started over from scratch again after buying his sequel story.)

George Lucas - Crystal Skill bonus feature said:
In the beginning it was a daughter [Indiana Jones] didn't know about. And I thought that'd be a great thing. Stephen [Spielberg] actually didn't like that idea. So David [Koepp] revisited the idea again as a son. And then this time we approached it, when then he sort of said...'Ok'.
In the beginning it was approached kind of [Mutt] was a nerd, kind of a straight-laced kid that wore suits and things. And then later on we decided that isn't the way that it should work. It should work that he's the wild kid which is what Indy was to his father.

So, just like he was to his father going off and doing all the wrong things and disobeying and doing all this stuff, now Indy's faced with the same mess.

The curse returns in the form of his son.
Harrison Ford said:
October 30, 2013: Q: So when you're with a character for six, seven, eight years when you're making the second movie and then the third movie. Do you feel like the character has changed? Do you feel like "oh, I feel like he's more this!" or "I wish I hadn't done that!" or "He's evolved."?

Harrison Ford: No. I don't think that's it. I think what you do is--when we were doing the Indiana Jones movies, for instance--I thought it was important that we bring something new about the character. That was really important about the character to the audience. And that's--and we did. We did that. We did that with introducing my father, with introducing my son. And suddenly the audience was--"there's a whole new stuff here!". And it makes it more interesting I think for an audience.
May 21, 2008: 6. The son wishes he was a daughter instead
Fedoras off to LaBeouf, the talented young actor put between a rock and a hard place, cast in the most-anticipated movie of the last decade — and unable to talk about it. But now that the cat’s officially out of the bag and everybody knows he’s Henry Jones III, would it surprise you to know he actually wishes there was a Henrietta instead? “As a fan, yeah, I thought it would have been cool to see Natalie Portman in this movie as the daughter, but that didn’t happen,” he told MTV News , being a bit coy about his own role. “But I was on that bandwagon. I was in the Natalie Portman fan club. I have a strange attraction to Natalie Portman.”
July 10, 2006: The Perfect Storm star Karen Allen, who is expected to reprise her Marion Ravenwood role in the upcoming Indiana Jones movie, let the news slip about Star Wars heroine Portman at a question-and-answer session in New York on Friday.

Allen spoke to Indiana Jones fans after a screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and, although she was coy about her own part in the fourth film, she revealed Portman‘s name is being mentioned.

She told fans, “I just heard Natalie Portman was cast as Indy’s daughter.”

One fan in attendance says, “She (Allen) immediately changed the subject as if she knew she shouldn’t have said anything.”

Anyway we know by now Kathleen Kennedy just wants to cast brunette women over and over again for whatever reason in her projects and seems to enjoy whatever quirky, snarky critique Waller-Bridge brings to the table as she was in Solo as everybody's favorite robot. Even Spielberg bailed out. This is Mangold working under Disney and Kennedy now and not Fox so for his sake I hope he can pull something off but the track record is less than stellar when it comes to Disney live-action outside of the MCU, though it's not like Crystal Skull was something amazing either.

I really hope not. But I wouldn't be shocked if she is and she is teaching in Indy's old spot at the university. She finds the macguffin and has to convince a retired Indy to come back.

My prediction for the plot:

The opening will feature Bridge's character who is like the new Indy as a hyper competent and independent yet sexless archeologist and/or professor and discovers that Neo Nazis steal the Ark of the Covenant from the U.S. government. Bridge enlists a retired Indy to help him find it since "he found it before." Indy reluctantly helps, yet she is reluctant too because she thinks she "doesn't need his help." Along the way, the two generations clash in their style and approach and colloquialism. Expect Indy to be called a fossil, a relic or outdated or be depicted as such juxtaposed against Bridge's more modern, snarky character. Also a scene when Indy thinks he needs to save Bridge and in a humorous beat she saves herself.

The trail will lead them around Europe in order not to offend anyone. If there are any foreign locations it will be from the previous movies but a desert is the likeliest one. Indy will be riding a horse and "punching Nazis." Quite possibly an adult Short Round will make an appearance. There's a plot twist when the Neo Nazis are actually working for members of U.S. government who were hired by them to steal it to use for their own gain. Indy will return the Ark to its respective culture. In the end, Indy can truly retire permanently, because he finally resolved something from his past. Indy and Bridge will learn to come to mutually respect each other. Bridge will be the new "Indiana Jones" who will get a Disney Plus spinoff. The themes will either be generations, history repeating itself or passage of time; whatever convenient device is used to justify callbacks to the other movies or make Indy as some sort of "legend" in some way.

At least three of these things will happen.
I really hope Phoebe Waller doesn’t get her own spin-off. I doubt she will be able to carry a franchise as big as Indy

What I would love to see post-Indy 5 is for Lucasfilm to potentially revisit Young Indiana Jones or maybe even do an animated series taking place during Indy’s prime years. Something similar to this fan made project that’s on YouTube which is excellent!

This movie being a modernized reboot of Raiders somehow would fit in with what Disney does with just about everything else they do. That is something some may be concerned about.

Not gonna happen with James Mangold writing and directing the thing. You’d hear about “leaving for creative differences” before you see that next year.

I would have preferred the daughter aspect in the fourth, as it would have broken up the parent child father/son idea from the third. But I'm fine with the son since it has a nice parallel.

I really hope Phoebe Waller doesn’t get her own spin-off. I doubt she will be able to carry a franchise as big as Indy

What I would love to see post-Indy 5 is for Lucasfilm to potentially revisit Young Indiana Jones or maybe even do an animated series taking place during Indy’s prime years. Something similar to this fan made project that’s on YouTube which is excellent!

Hand drawn animation like that is too expensive. It will probably be a live action show about some female relative of Indy's or something. I'd rather they just let it die after this movie, especially if it's how I fear it's gonna go.

I'm just skittish Lucas and Spielberg aren't as involved creatively. Say what you want about Lucas, but the man had a vision. KOTCS while flawed, has the kind of wild energy and ideas and spirit that are a must for an Indy film, something that Kennedy under Lucasfilm severely lacks. Oh, sure it'll have the superficial elements that will placate Indy fans. Practical effects and less green screen, but I'm just afraid it'll be missing that hot bloodedness that made the last movies, especially the first three.

It's a different era guys. Gone are the days of the old Lucasfilm. It's now a factory. Mangold is working for it. Instead of a team of three with a unified vision, it will go through the usual channels of a conglomerate for approval before it even gets to set. I've learned my lesson with the new SW films. Though Mangold is a much better filmmaker than an Abrams, I'm expecting a safe, inoffensive movie that tries not to alienate people. I wouldn't be shocked if KOTCS gets more positively reevaluated after this, like the prequels.

Last edited:
Phoebe's involvement is GREAT news. I really hope they let her work on the script.

I think the theories about her being Indy's replacement at the university are strong, and I think her and Ford will work very well together as a team. (And also, to those making age jokes - Have you SEEN Ford? He's only a few years older than Stallone. Dude has kept in great shape.) She could totally lead her own franchise, but I don't think she's the type to actually want that.

Phoebe's involvement is GREAT news. I really hope they let her work on the script.

I think the theories about her being Indy's replacement at the university are strong, and I think her and Ford will work very well together as a team. (And also, to those making age jokes - Have you SEEN Ford? He's only a few years older than Stallone. Dude has kept in great shape.) She could totally lead her own franchise, but I don't think she's the type to actually want that.
CuoEZTa.gif

Phoebe may well work as a counterpart to Indy. I'd be more skeptical if she was supposed to be the "new Indy", and if they were looking to replace him giving him a relative made more sense to me, and somehow I doubt they picked her to play his daughter.

Remember that the film takes place in the 1960s, so IF a new spinoff series or movies follow that with Phoebe, it will probably be much different than the Indiana Jones films type serial format.

I just don't have much interest in that. Indiana Jones isn't Star Wars; so much of the appeal is in the character and the style, so take both of those away and there's not much point in continuing instead of making an original property.

I'm honestly surprised at how many people here aren't that excited for this movie. I can't help but to be excited honestly. There is potential for this to be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"