1.) Crusade
2.) Raiders
3.) Temple
4.) Skull

Raiders
Temple
Crusade
Skull

I am a huge Indiana Jones fan and I don't think the character is above a reboot. I wouldn't do it for a while however, maybe 10 years from now. And I would go with an Indy during the Roaring 20s, maybe 2-4 films before Raiders.

Always felt Short Round should have come back for the 4th film. Don't know if he fits now but I wouldn't mind seeing them do something with that character in the 60s time frame.

My rankings for the series are:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Raiders
Temple (my actual favorite but I know raiders is the best)
Last Crusade
Crystal Skull

Thing is, Ford doesn't look his age, with movie magic, editing, make up, cgi etc but it's a lot of effort to go - i would say just embrace the age and flaws - Gran Torino, Eastwood was 80 and they kept it simple.

I honestly don't know what a 5th instalment would bring that would expect indy to be recognisable as he was before.

I've always thought if they ever do recast they should do it with the framing device of old Harrison telling the story. Or make it connect to a current situation he's face with, then you can go ahead from there with new actor.

I've always thought if they ever do recast they should do it with the framing device of old Harrison telling the story. Or make it connect to a current situation he's face with, then you can go ahead from there with new actor.
That idea, at least amongst the forums was positively floated around... they kinda did it with old indie retelling his much more youthful days for the tv show, didn't Ford cameo? He had a beard i think and he blew a flute which caused snow to fall down.. it would be nice if Ford was telling a story, then for it to finally click in his head, so he heads off out and finds something one last time with the help of his grandchild maybe...

Binge-watched all four movies last night: definitely my favorite is Temple, followed by Raiders, Crusade, and then Skull. Cate Blanchett is what makes Skull tolerable, but the aliens concept is just a bit too weird: and I have to detract points from that film for promising a psychic-powered Cate and not delivering.

They have to embrace his age and be realistic... I felt in StarWars FA they filtered him and tried to make him seem more able than what he is!
I just can’t see it working

He looks damn good for 77.

I'm less concerned about his age and more concerned about the fact that this film will probably be set in the 1970s.

I hope this project doesn't go through. He's going to be near 80 years old! I don't get this desire to see our childhood heroes as old, frail men who can barely run never mind fight or escape danger with any conviction. It’s happened with Rambo, SW with Luke Skywalker, Arnie with Terminator and soon to be lethel weapon with a 77 year old Danny Glover. Temple will always be my fav Indy because he is in his absolute athletic peak and is what the swashbuckling, archaeologist action hero should be; single handily taking on a death cult with swords and black magic and saving a village of kids. And looking like a badass whilst doing it, Indy 4 was such a let-down and that was over 10 years ago.

They have to embrace his age and be realistic... I felt in StarWars FA they filtered him and tried to make him seem more able than what he is!
I just can’t see it working

I thought he was fine in TFA. But that was a less physical role than what Indiana Jones should be.

He looks damn good for 77.

I'm less concerned about his age and more concerned about the fact that this film will probably be set in the 1970s.

I mean, technically he could still fight the Soviets again. But meh.

His age isn’t going to be why the film works or doesn’t work.

It wasn’t the reason why Kingdom of the Crystal Skull didn’t work.

It’s such an easy go-to reason of why this shouldn’t exist when the man looks better than some of the younger action “stars” we currently have.

Crystal Skull left them in a bad place. Mutt was unlikable and hard to root for. Compound that with the fact that Shia's actions off screen will make rooting for that character even harder if he takes up that mantle again.

Moving away from religious relics and history hurt it but not that much. Honestly they handled the alien aspect poorly, and the atomic bomb thing was just too sensational.

I'd like to see Indy teaching, or working at a site and discover something from actual history, (yes I know the skulls actually exist), and then mentor someone more likable, even Mutt's son. Given the era would be the 1950s-60s-70s, I'm just not sure who the bad guys would be. Russia would make sense but they did a poor job with it in the last one. But that was more a time of civil unrest rather than world wide domination. The middle east has been fighting forever though so if the site was there maybe you have a story. It could mirror the way the Taliban is treating historic sites today.

Shia seems (maybe) like he's gotten his head into a better place recently and is making a small comeback with Peanutbutter Falcon and the autobiographical Honey Boy where he plays his own father and which basically seems to be his own form of self-therapy, but I doubt he'd be back either way. He wasn't that well-received in the first place, plus he talked smack about the movie.

And Spielberg. I doubt they’re on good terms presently.

Temple
Last Crusade
Raiders

I like to pretend Skull never happened, but at this point, Disney can't ignore Indy has a kid. Ford's age doesn't bother me either because seeing how he did in both TFA and Blade Runner 2049, I'm confident in his ability to pull off another iconic character. I am not however confident in Disney writing a good script.

Give him a daughter with someone else, then have him just tell her he's married and has a son. There, son acknowledged.

Not that I disliked Mutt as far as that goes, but I don't feel any need to revisit him 10-15 years later.

They had a strained relationship at the end of the movie. Mutt most likely went off on his own and they probably hardly speak. Just like Indy and his dad.

It ended with Mutt at Indy and Marion's wedding and Mutt wanting to try on Indy's hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"