Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I'd rather not see any returning character except Marion given they're married. This is a serialized adventure series where the appeal is seeing new characters per locale. I love Sallah and enjoy him in LC, but I don't think he should have been in it. I can permit Marcus because this time he's going on the adventure. It doesn't help Sallah just didn't do anything. The only useful thing he did was get the camels.

36aeeea3-fe6f-41c6-88da-c2d68fed64ad_text.gif

Thoughts for a cast -

giphy.gif

Phoebe Waller-Bridge as the professor now filling Indy's spot at the university

8P0gETz.gif

Jared Harris as a mysterious British millionaire who invites Indy and PWB onto a shady archaeological mission

v03.gif

Mads Mikkelson as a blue collar fisherman who discovered a clue to the lost city of Atlantis and now plays his cards close to his chest as Harris' hostage/business partner

Lucy Punch and Omar Sy as Harris' henchmen

fee2df3df03af4a04de5267e89742e99.gif

Winston Duke as a linguist working for Harris who is revealed to be descended from Atlanteans

source.gif

Awkwafina as the head mechanic on Harris' submarine

3b711e0ae1270d10a548843d65779af84a943839.gifv

Sami Outabali as PWB's mild-mannered teaching assistant dragged along for the ride

tumblr_pmhbfnDs2Y1wadukvo1_540.gifv

Wyatt Russell as a mercenary former Coast Guard captain Marian recruits to track down her husband before he gets himself killed

Wagnar, that's too creative for Disney. Mikkelson is:

A) A Neo Nazi
B) Another archeologist like Belloq because Raiders
C) Is both these things, but is revealed to be a Neo Nazi that will serve as an end of act 2 twist.

I think it's either Atlantis if they dare to do something new, if not, they're just doing the Ark of the Covenant again or something similar. Who wants to bet on Argentina being involved?

I'm not wildly speculating on these things. I'd like to, but from now on until the movie comes out, I'm taking things at face value until I'm proven wrong. These are very obvious casting choices who are being cast based on what they've been cast as before. Sassy modern woman and European villain.

I'd rather not see any returning character except Marion given they're married. This is a serialized adventure series where the appeal is seeing new characters per locale. I love Sallah and enjoy him in LC, but I don't think he should have been in it. I can permit Marcus because this time he's going on the adventure. It doesn't help Sallah just didn't do anything. The only useful thing he did was get the camels.

Bring back Alfred Molina as Satipo, resurrected as a Zombie.

I actually found out recently he technically reprised the role on robot chicken.

Since Raimi Doc Ock is coming back, why not?. :hehe:

There was that rumour ages ago that the McGuffin was the Fountain of Youth.

Though Atlantis is far more interesting. I’ve always thought Fate of Atlantis was kind of, in its own weird way, the Indy equivalent to Star Wars’ Heir to the Empire, as the big “non-movie” story.

Do you think Harrison Ford will pass the baton to Phoebe Waller-Bridge? Will she be a new "Indiana Jones" for a new trilogy if this movie will be successful?

I don't see people flocking to see Phoebe Waller-Bridge as a replacement for Indiana Jones.

I think it's the plan of the movie producers that she will be the new protagonist of the franchise.

So why would they cast her? She is a great talented actress with charisma and appeal of entertainment to a large audience. Otherwise the producers would have cast a repleacable Hollywood starlet.

Do you think Harrison Ford will pass the baton to Phoebe Waller-Bridge? Will she be a new "Indiana Jones" for a new trilogy if this movie will be successful?
Maybe a Disney+ series just because it's safer and cheaper. Indiana Jones as a franchise, while successful, still isn't as viable as Star Wars. I doubt audiences would bite if Harrison Ford isn't involved.

I cannot fathom why people are constantly bringing up the idea that Indy will be "replaced" in his own franchise. People did it with Mutt and now they're doing it with Bridge. It's not gonna happen. There's no mantle to pass on--Indiana is his own man and even though his look is iconic... it's just regular clothes to him.

Lucas himself even said of Mutt "If we made a movie with him, it would be a spin off. It would be called 'Mutt Williams and the whatever of whatever.'"

You couldn't logically release another "Indiana Jones" movie starring someone other than Indiana Jones. It would thus be false advertising.

There's no need to, either. You just recast the role with a younger actor either in a reboot or in prequels. Done and done.

Mangold liked a tweet saying bring back john rhys davies so I think he's back too! Or will at least be acknowledged.

I honestly think this movie is gonna end up being a character study mixed with an adventure. I don't see this being just another sequel, but an end cap on an iconic character.

I'd open it with Harrison/indy talking to someone about one of his many adventures in the past.
Maybe it's about the spear of destiny. It is needed for a very important task in their time.

Indy found it when he was younger. It was found to keep it from the Germans.

He keeps talking to someone about his adventure.
The camera zooms on his face and we see the screen fade, we then see it zoom out and we see a younger indy
( Chris Pratt )

Indy goes on his adventure across the world in search of it, and it ends in America. He finds the powerful spear.

Ford narrates throughout and it ends with Ford/indy opening a box in a museum with the spear inside.

The Indiana Jones franchise is meant to be a throwback to those old serials like King Solomons franchise. Considering the sequel will take place in the 60s, I can’t see how they could really continue the franchise with a new character into the 70s and 80s.

Heh, maybe Disney will just retcon National Treasure with Nicolas Cage as Indiana Jones’s grandson.

After Indy V I wish they would just stop making Indiana Jones films, and instead start making something NEW that has the spirit and the idea behind the Indiana Jones films, you know what I mean? Another big old school adventure in the 40's with new characters. Keep the original idea of Raiders but with something fresh and new. They really need to stop milking EVERYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"