Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Indiana Jones would've definitely had an affair with Peggy Carter

Then we could've seen the ultimate fisticuffs between Indiana Jones and Captain America.

But present day.

iu
vs.

iu

Indiana Jones would've definitely had an affair with Peggy Carter

Then we could've seen the ultimate fisticuffs between Indiana Jones and Captain America.

But present day.

iu
vs.

iu

And Peggy Carter would be like: "I don't remember either of you."

old-peggy-carter-1442980.jpg

So they are going to de-age him.

If this is for the whole film I will be pissed off. Just may as well done a cartoon and him voice act or recast.
Why? Well... imagine a sequel to Barbarella with Jane Fonda all filtered out...
This, it totally loses the practical effects of the indy movies.. however if it's a flash back, or a pre title sequence that sets up his retirement or plot then fine...

Oh well, we don't actually know much... so hold the thought.

I would hope there's not an identical opening sequence of Barbarella with the space suit and out pops an old Jane Fonda.

Last edited:
Robert Meyer Burnett says he’s talked to two people who’ve read the script and both say it’s great. He also believes that the macguffin is a ticking time bomb type of thing that is activated in 1945 but doesn’t go off until Indy’s present day. He believes the Nazis built a fail safe device that is meant to ensure that Hitler’s Reich rises again and he believes Mads Mikkelsen’s character is in charge of making sure it activates.

The one thing that interests me is the woman they have playing his character's FBI handler because she's a woman and she's black and he's a former Nazi. That's going to be interesting.

Robert Meyer Burnett says he’s talked to two people who’ve read the script and both say it’s great. He also believes that the macguffin is a ticking time bomb type of thing that is activated in 1945 but doesn’t go off until Indy’s present day. He believes the Nazis built a fail safe device that is meant to ensure that Hitler’s Reich rises again and he believes Mads Mikkelsen’s character is in charge of making sure it activates.
If true, this actually sounds pretty awesome

Are those de-aging spots on his face?

E3oNpQvXoAknr0w
Interesting, the costuming here looks much more Raiders-esque. Maybe it's just the wetness, but the overall darkness of everything looks more like the first film. Indy's costume got lighter and lighter as the films went on.

However, there are a couple things that suggest that it is in fact a different costume for the flashbacks and not just wetness making it look different. First, the jacket has the baggier fit and lighter look of the lambskin leather from Raiders. You can see that the shoulder seams extend past the end of Ford's actual shoulders like here:
MV5BMTQwNzI5NTA1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA1MzA4NA@@._V1_.jpg

The thinness of the lambskin is what gives Indy's jacket its wrinkled and creased look.

In the presumably "present day" scenes where Ford is not wearing any CGI markers, the jacket is lighter in colour, heavier in construction, and more traditionally fitted like the TLC and KOTCS versions:
IJ3_IA_14-marquee-1.jpg

1106994_Indiana_Jones_2.jpg

TLC was a heavier lambskin and I think they moved to cowhide for KOTCS if I recall correctly. Technically, a heavier, more durable leather jacket makes more practical sense for Indy, but I think the lighter, wrinkled Raiders version looks more unique and distinctive. The later versions look more like generic 40s bomber jackets.

On one hand, I'm glad they are trying to recapture the Raiders look for the flashbacks, but I'm saddened it also seems to indicate that they are sticking with the vastly inferior KOTCS look for the rest.

Well, Ford is in much better shape that DeNiro. It won't be as bad as that.

But I'm not so delusional that I didn't see a difference in Ford's physicality in TFA. It was there. Funny how people went on about his age in KOTCS, but looking back (and especially in comparison to how he's aged since), it's night and day. Anyone still complaining about his age on the fourth film no longer has room to complain, lol

Interesting, the costuming here looks much more Raiders-esque. Maybe it's just the wetness, but the overall darkness of everything looks more like the first film. Indy's costume got lighter and lighter as the films went on.

However, there are a couple things that suggest that it is in fact a different costume for the flashbacks and not just wetness making it look different. First, the jacket has the baggier fit and lighter look of the lambskin leather from Raiders. You can see that the shoulder seams extend past the end of Ford's actual shoulders like here:
MV5BMTQwNzI5NTA1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA1MzA4NA@@._V1_.jpg

The thinness of the lambskin is what gives Indy's jacket its wrinkled and creased look.

In the presumably "present day" scenes where Ford is not wearing any CGI markers, the jacket is lighter in colour, heavier in construction, and more traditionally fitted like the TLC and KOTCS versions:
IJ3_IA_14-marquee-1.jpg

1106994_Indiana_Jones_2.jpg

TLC was a heavier lambskin and I think they moved to cowhide for KOTCS if I recall correctly. Technically, a heavier, more durable leather jacket makes more practical sense for Indy, but I think the lighter, wrinkled Raiders version looks more unique and distinctive. The later versions look more like generic 40s bomber jackets.

On one hand, I'm glad they are trying to recapture the Raiders look for the flashbacks, but I'm saddened it also seems to indicate that they are sticking with the vastly inferior KOTCS look for the rest.

Maybe the two differing jackets were used to help contrast the ages of the two Indy's. Plus the baggie Raiders jacket and pants helps hide Ford's real age during the de-aging process.

Maybe the two differing jackets were used to help contrast the ages of the two Indy's. Plus the baggie Raiders jacket and pants helps hide Ford's real age during the de-aging process.
Totally... I assume that is what they are going for as well. Although I still find the Raiders look the best. Personally, I wish they used the same pieces for the older Indy too. If anything, I feel like the Raiders pieces do a better job of capturing the look of an experienced adventurer who sleeps in his clothes during expeditions. The wrinkling and darkness of the Raiders jacket just looks more slept in and casually aloof in the best Indy way. The leather looks patina-ed and creased from age.

The heavier sequel jacket makes Indy look bulkier and older to me in a negative way. Hopefully, Mangold can work some movie magic, but I can't help but be a little disappointed on just costume design grounds.

As I said on a previous page, I would have preferred if they had evolved Indy's adventuring outfit a little to show the passage of time. I thought they did a wonderful job of visually an older Indy when Ford appeared as 1950s Indy in the YIJC episode, The Mystery of the Blues. The longer beard and the addition of a cardigan sweater under the jacket made it look more real and like a natural evolution of the character. Also, the longer beard helps hide Harrison's wrinkles and gives him a sharper jawline. It just is more flattering and makes him look grizzled in the best way.

I hope we get an updated Rinzler book next summer when this is released.

The Complete Making of Indiana Jones

One of my favorite parts is the different incarnations of the script for each film, some that are very different than what ended up onscreen.

I would love to know what the Spielberg/David Koepp/Jonathan Kasdan version was going to be circa 2019. Even the George Lucas ideas before he left when he sold the franchise to Disney.

All this saying while knowing nothing about the actual film we’re going to get lol

Mangold went off on some people on Twitter today.

Can't say that I blame him. People are nuts. The smugness of the folks who thrive off of hate and outrage are seriously irritating. Folks haven't seen the film and are, tiringly, seeing fit to make their irrationality known, and Mangold decided to shut it down. Is it a waste of time? Yeah, but it's hard not to understand the urge.

If a bad film was proof that sequels could never be good again, than the haters need to explain Last Crusade's quality relative to the reception to Temple of Doom. Loved though it may be now, it was right hated back in '84.

Acting as if 5 is proven bad and doomed to mediocrity is peak foolishness. It could end up being bad, yeah. Any film could, but smugly asserting it as a proven fact, for any reason, is just ridiculous, and any creative involved has the right to clap back, I believe.

Mangold went off on some people on Twitter today.
And rightfully so. those People are trying their best to do what they've done to star wars to James mangold. Obviously, James isn't having any of it and I loved every second of it and they all deserve it. They always act like they deserve to be treated right no matter what but that's not how it works.

James Mangold has nothing to prove to any of those morons, as Darkknight said.

I hope we get an updated Rinzler book next summer when this is released.

The Complete Making of Indiana Jones

One of my favorite parts is the different incarnations of the script for each film, some that are very different than what ended up onscreen.

I would love to know what the Spielberg/David Koepp/Jonathan Kasdan version was going to be circa 2019. Even the George Lucas ideas before he left when he sold the franchise to Disney.

All this saying while knowing nothing about the actual film we’re going to get lol

I'm not confident that Disney would allow Rinzler to write as in-depth a book as he has in the past. They cancelled the one he was doing for the sequel trilogy, and seem generally averse to deep warts and all dives into the behind the scenes stories of their movies.

I'm not confident that Disney would allow Rinzler to write as in-depth a book as he has in the past. They cancelled the one he was doing for the sequel trilogy, and seem generally averse to deep warts and all dives into the behind the scenes stories of their movies.

Damn. I would’ve loved to his Star Wars sequel trilogy book. Just for the different versions alone. Hopefully someday when they want to milk some money lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"