World Is this movie keeping in smallville continuity?

Kane said:
Agreed bigtime.

Is that Kate Bosworth in your display>?
Yes it is.:) I don't think she'll be playing Superman's cousin though, now that she is playing his baby's mama.....

Oh trust me I know the difference.

SR will prove the difference, showing how romance can be done in a classy, elegant, timeless way.

The thread asked whether there should be more sexiness in it (like Kate stripping down etc).....I said absolutely not, it would ruin the integrity of the film and compromise the romantic aspect.

Michael Rosenbaum... Thats the only good thing I can say about Smallville :o

fangrl06 said:
What about the train scene? Name a single action scene better than that. If there is one it would be GG and SM final battle in SM1 (because of the emotions).

I liked the x-jet flight sequence better. although raimi's over the top comicbook brawl at the end of sm1 is really up there above most of what singer's done like that in greatness, except for tobey's sissy squealing and the ridiculous, what was it... some sort of sword weapon goblin pulled out of nowwhere.

Kal-El 8 said:
WTF is Lexodiac ?????:confused:

Lex + Brainiac's abilities + The Ghost of Zod = Lexodiac.....thats the nonsense SV has created for the finale/premiere.

Kane said:
Lex + Brainiac's abilities + The Ghost of Zod = Lexodiac.....thats the nonsense SV has created for the finale/premiere.

Oh you've got to be kidden me . :o See this is a prefect example to what I said earler in this thread .

The writters of Smallville don't have respect for The Iconic character like Lois & Clark, Lex Luthor,Martha Kent and Miss Lang , that have a huge DESTINY that will affect the world [two of them will bring alot of good to the world in The Future] [While the other will try to Destory all that is good in The World]

I kinda remember hearing Singer say he wasn't totally discrediting Smallville but what exactly does that mean?...and when I was in the thread about the preview to SR's soundtrack...someone wrote that in either track 2 or 3 that the Smallville theme was layered into it...so maybe thats all we're going to get...it doesn't matter to me either way...I can easily separate the two without thinking..."what? Oh they screwed that one up"

What they're doing is making it so that they don't clash. Neither will discredit the other, but neither will utilize anything from one another.

S:TAS was the best Superman ever. Bruce Timm was one of the best things to happen to Superman. Fleischer is boring in comparison mainly becuase the characters aren't as good. Why Singer used something from the 50's as an influence boggles my mind, ecspecially when he is making a film that is a continuation of a movie from 1978. Singer could have atleast used the storyline from S:TM and the characters of the Animated Series.

Byt anyway, I wish peple would just see Smallville for what it is. Smallville is a retelling of Superman's origin, and because Singer used the S:TM origin, it won't have any influence. People harp on Smallville for FOTW episodes and teen romance elements, but you have to understand they got 22 episodes a year to film. They can't go from point A to point B every episode or it woulds be over in one season. There also on the WB/CW, this is like a haven for the teen romance crap. I honestly would really be interested to see what Gough and Miller would do given the chance to do a pure, true blue Superman story.

Oh, and after reading the novel, Smallville's Lex owns Singer's Lex. Notice I didn't compare actors either.

CConn said:
SR is...very odd.

The novelization, the prequel comics, and basically everything else that expands on SR's story links SR directly to STM, if not S2 as well. But, it seems like the actual film is set up so you can basically tie it to whatever you want to tie it to. It could fit with Smallville, if you want it to. If could have nothing to do with Smallvillie, if you want it to. The concept may be quite brilliant, or quite crazy, but either way, it's definitely confusing.

aye, confusing is the word.

venom420 said:
S:TAS was the best Superman ever. Bruce Timm was one of the best things to happen to Superman. Fleischer is boring in comparison mainly becuase the characters aren't as good. Why Singer used something from the 50's as an influence boggles my mind, ecspecially when he is making a film that is a continuation of a movie from 1978. Singer could have atleast used the storyline from S:TM and the characters of the Animated Series.

Byt anyway, I wish peple would just see Smallville for what it is. Smallville is a retelling of Superman's origin, and because Singer used the S:TM origin, it won't have any influence. People harp on Smallville for FOTW episodes and teen romance elements, but you have to understand they got 22 episodes a year to film. They can't go from point A to point B every episode or it woulds be over in one season. There also on the WB/CW, this is like a haven for the teen romance crap. I honestly would really be interested to see what Gough and Miller would do given the chance to do a pure, true blue Superman story.

Oh, and after reading the novel, Smallville's Lex owns Singer's Lex. Notice I didn't compare actors either.

Isn't smallville Lex dead now, and his body "Possed" but the spirit of General Zod?:confused: :down

Yea he is, but that won't last more than two episodes. It's sad to see they were to cheap to cast an actor, but at the same time I don't care. They have made Krypton more of a mystically powered place in Smallville, and I don't care. It doesn't always turn out great, but atleast they take chances.

Kal-El 8 said:
Oh you've got to be kidden me . :o See this is a prefect example to what I said earler in this thread .

The writters of Smallville don't have respect for The Iconic character like Lois & Clark, Lex Luthor,Martha Kent and Miss Lang , that have a huge DESTINY that will affect the world [two of them will bring alot of good to the world in The Future] [While the other will try to Destory all that is good in The World]

At the rate Smallville is going, Clark can never become Superman. Too many people who should know him as Superman already know him as Clark Kent. As soon as I realised that, the show just became worse than Lois and Clark AND Superboy (in a Superman context) in my eyes. At least those other two shows respected the characters.

all that "mystical" technology[Time travel,space flight,power inducers,etc], and they could not predict their Planets own destruction[or stop it, or get off the planet in time]? do you really buy that garbage Venom?

venom420 said:
Yea he is, but that won't last more than two episodes. It's sad to see they were to cheap to cast an actor, but at the same time I don't care. They have made Krypton more of a mystically powered place in Smallville, and I don't care. It doesn't always turn out great, but atleast they take chances.

Then dont be so quick to jump the gun about SR's characterization of Lex Luthor if your advocating taking chances......that would be hypocritical. See how it plays out first.

In that Lex case, the worst part of it for me is the fact its obviously temporary and Lex likely wont remember discovering Clark having powers yet again (for like the 5th time he gets a mindwipe -_-); hes turning into quite a tool.

Eros said:
all that "mystical" technology[Time travel,space flight,power inducers,etc], and they could not predict their Planets own destruction[or stop it, or get off the planet in time]? do you really buy that garbage Venom?

Well in Smallville's version; ZOD destroyed Krypton and killed Jor-El and the rest...

but somehow after he killed them; they put his ghost in the Phantom Zone and destroyed his body...

And then Jor-El sent phophesies to Lionel Luthor that one day the ghost of Zod would break free and inhabit another....

:confused: No this is all true.

There is no chance taking when it comes to Luthor in Superman Returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"