The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again how is my phone call to a studio out of line? Black people robbed and beat white people who were not even culturally connected with this individual who killed a black boy and your okay with that? But me making a phone call is outrageous to you? How is beating someone unrelated to a crime justified but my phone call to tell a studio I am not pleased with one of their actors not?

Wait, when did he ever say he's okay with that?? :huh:

Once again how is my phone call to a studio out of line? Black people robbed and beat white people who were not even culturally connected with this individual who killed a black boy and your okay with that? But me making a phone call is outrageous to you? How is beating someone unrelated to a crime justified but my phone call to tell a studio I am not pleased with one of their actors not?

Please point out where I said I was okay with this.

Please show me where I justified those crimes.

Well let's see. You said this in reference to a racial put down.
I would. I would snicker. Just like I did during this.

And then you show sympathy to someone beating white people by comparing the actions of Foxx to the murder rather than the reactions of people offended.

So you're saying that someone joking about, on Saturday Night Live, promoting their film which involves his character killing slave owners, is the same as someone physically killing a young man in the real world?

So you're saying that people had a right to beat someone not related to this crime because the person who killed this boy was not black? MY point in comparing is that people had a reaction to this crime and took irrational action because they were somehow offended because they thought it was racially motivated since the perpetrator was not black. But he wasn't white either. I made a phone call to something I found offensive. They beat people. And I'm the one out of line because the offense does not rise to a level that meets your definition? I'm not comparing the actions of Foxx to the murder. I comparing the reactions to those offended by these events.

Last edited:
You completely missunderstood VenomSpawn's second post there.

Anyway, racism is wrong no matter who or what. If a white man can't joke about black people without being called a racist, neither should a black man be able to joke about whites and get away with it. And Jamie Foxx sure seems to be a racist after this and other things he's said.

But do you think his joke was in any way meant to be connected to that killing? If it was, yeah that's terrible and he should apologise. But I think it was just a joke about blacks vs. whites. Not very classy of him, but I can't care too much about a simple joke.

You are putting so many words in my mouth that it's actually kind of funny.

No where in any of my posts did I even bring up race, so I don't know where you pulled any of that from. And I never said anything even remotely close to me approving of assault and murder, I don't know where you got THAT from either.

Some of us are awake behind the wheel. The rest of you are too busy texting to figure out what is happening around you.

Your way out of line. I don't have a problem with you being offended at something , but your accusations towards VenomSpawn display complete ignorance.

I clearly said the comparison is NOT the acts but to the response of being OFFENDED. Venomspawn you're misunderstanding me. In the killing, some people decided to be "offended" by this action and set out to beat people over it. Remember, it's the action of being OFFENDED. NOT what they were offended by. Now YOU are quite sympathetic to Foxx AND take what he said completely out of context. He didn't say one word about slave owners. He said "I GET TO KILL ALL WHITE PEOPLE...WHICH IS GREAT!" So you're broad stroking what he said to ASSUME all white people were slave owners? Oh but your defense is it's a "joke". I'm suppose to 'fill in the blanks' and assume he meant it in context to the movie. Even though he continues to rant on and on in deploring fashion saying, "Black is great! We're the new white!" Perhaps that's funny to you because you just miss the insult. But to me, it's a slap in my face and Sony is hearing about it by alot of people. It's not a joke. And it's nothing to be joked about. And your reaction to me MAKING A PHONE CALL simply means you're sympathetic to his remarks.

Your way out of line. I don't have a problem with you being offended at something , but your accusations towards VenomSpawn display complete ignorance.

*SIGH* This fella is flipping out over me making a phone call because he finds it outrageous that I would be offended because someone said they enjoyed killing all the white people in a film and expanded upon that topic throughout his dialogue. Venom said he snickered at it, which I find very cold as well. My reaction is not out of line at all. As a matter of fact, it's pretty sad Venom can't see it for the obvious.

Well Venom meant that he would laugh if a white person made the joke. I don't think he would support manslaughter. That example seemed to come out of nowhere and I thought you were referring to something he previously said.

But do you think his joke was in any way meant to be connected to that killing? If it was, yeah that's terrible and he should apologise. But I think it was just a joke about blacks vs. whites. Not very classy of him, but I can't care too much about a simple joke.

Jamie Foxx said he enjoyed killing all the white characters in his movie. Some believe that was simply a movie reference. But where is the movie reference for "Black is great. It's the new white"...?...That drips with racial undertones that are completely inappropriate. My comparison to the killings was to simply illustrate the reaction people had. Jamie Foxx said he loved killing white people. I made a phone call because I was insulted and offended, regardless of context. When a black boy was actually killed, some people decided to take it upon themselves to racial profile white people and beat them. Some see no distinction. It's the reaction to be those offended I was comparing, not the supposed joke to the murder. And I don't believe he was joking at all. His career has been laced with inappropriate crap. And no Bullet, I'm not a fan of Denis Leary either. It should apply to all.

Well Venom meant that he would laugh if a white person made the joke. I don't think he would support manslaughter. That example seemed to come out of nowhere and I thought you were referring to something he previously said.

My apologies to you for that misunderstanding. That was not my intent. And to add, no I don't think Foxx has ANY business in a Spider-man film as long as he walks around talking like this. It's not something Sony will benefit from.

Last edited:
Jamie Foxx said he enjoyed killing all the white characters in his movie. Some believe that was simply a movie reference. But where is the movie reference for "Black is great. It's the new white"...?...That drips with racial undertones that are completely inappropriate. My comparison to the killings was to simply illustrate the reaction people had. Jamie Foxx said he loved killing white people. I made a phone call because I was insulted and offended, regardless of context. When a black boy was actually killed, some people decided to take it upon themselves to racial profile white people and beat them. Some see no distinction. It's the reaction to be those offended I was comparing, not the supposed joke to the murder. And I don't believe he was joking at all. His career has been laced with inappropriate crap. And no Bullet, I'm not a fan of Denis Leary either. It should apply to all.

The bold...the god damn ****ing bold...made my day. Of course he was joking!

1) It's SNL.
2) He didn't actually kill anyone...duh.
3) It's SNL.

The bold...the god damn ****ing bold...made my day. Of course he was joking!

1) It's SNL.
2) He didn't actually kill anyone...duh.
3) It's SNL.

Maybe for you. Oh, and before anyone thinks only white people were offended, come again. My son-in-law is black and he was red hot. And even some of the hiphop websites are calling Foxx a racist. So don't think this is isolated or just applies to one particular view. Joke or not, it was in very bad taste. If Foxx is smart, he'll apologize. I for one will not see Spider-man if he doesn't. And I won't be alone.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNHOHqNvn7TkXtXcmOPaC4nc1gqwfw&cad=rja

Last edited:
Ok, everyone...

Azx5q.gif

I didn't even find what Foxx said offensive, just typically bad race humor

I was watching Jarhead the other day and completely forgot that Foxx played a part in that movie. He did OK. Nothing really special about the role but now whenever I see him in a film, I'm always looking for certain facial cues and body language that would tranfer well to the role of Electro. Anyone else doing this? In Jarhead, he has a couple of 'tough guy' almost evil 'looks' that he's giving some of the other characters.

Let's not bring religion into this....there's enough of a hoohaa brewing

Fair enough.

But he can't be serious, doesn't he get what a joke is?

Hell my best friend is black, we love watching Chappelles show and Jamie Foxx.

Well to be fair Chappelle's Show is ****ing hilarious and if you don't love watching it you aren't my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"