The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be fair Chappelle's Show is ****ing hilarious and if you don't love watching it you aren't my friend.

Got all 3 Seasons, well what was left of 3 anyway....

I remain that S2 is the best.

But anyway, enough of this buldust arguing let's get back on topic please.

wu_tang_financial.jpg

Well to be fair Chappelle's Show is ****ing hilarious and if you don't love watching it you aren't my friend.

Oil?....oil? Who said anything about oil, b****, you cookin'?

Alright back to electro, folks.

I was watching Jarhead the other day and completely forgot that Foxx played a part in that movie. He did OK. Nothing really special about the role but now whenever I see him in a film, I'm always looking for certain facial cues and body language that would tranfer well to the role of Electro. Anyone else doing this? In Jarhead, he has a couple of 'tough guy' almost evil 'looks' that he's giving some of the other characters.

Foxx's character in Jarhead actually reminded me of someone I know in real life. However I never cared for the ultimate books and his casting was a surprise to me.

Oil?....oil? Who said anything about oil, b****, you cookin'?

Alright back to electro, folks.

Gold haha

" Don't drop that ****"
The way that old dude says that, anyway.

Jamie Foxx, was also Black Tony Blair in Black Bush. Him as Electro...
*crickets chirping*

Last edited:
I was watching Jarhead the other day and completely forgot that Foxx played a part in that movie. He did OK. Nothing really special about the role but now whenever I see him in a film, I'm always looking for certain facial cues and body language that would tranfer well to the role of Electro. Anyone else doing this? In Jarhead, he has a couple of 'tough guy' almost evil 'looks' that he's giving some of the other characters.

I have done that as well! :) I stumbled upon two or so films on TV where he starred and I immediately started doing the same thing you did!

I feel very confident with him as Electro! :)

I think casting has been perfect so far (with both TASM and TASM2).

Best casting so far for ASM2 must be Dehaan IMO!

Sure its been mentioned before but,
How do you think he will look in the film?
2680880-550x298_the_amazing_spider_man_2_casts_jamie_foxx_as_electro_2486_super.jpeg

images

2146556-1026030_amazingspider613_joe_q_blog_large.jpg

2255868-tumblr_m10cymnwos1qg8i80o6_400_super.jpg

415860-Electro_Ultimate_00_super.JPG

Ultimate_Spider_Man_Vol_1_159_Maxwell_Dillon_%28Earth-1610%29.jpg

mua2electroms.png

Hopefully something that doesn't even come close to his green and yellow suit.

Like Doc Ock when Raimi gave him a different attire, it's the best way to go with Electro as well, imo.

I know it depends on the story they do in the film, like if they stick closely to the comic and have Electro thought to be Spider-Man by Jameson, then he would probably need a mask. Raimi actually made Ock the way Ditko originally drew him. Ock had no costume, his his regular clothing.
It would depend on the story they are telling, like if Electro becomes the Anti Spider-Man. Or maybe they will simply go with the Ultimate total electric glowing body version. But here is my idea:

His face (Foxx's face) would be shaven with no hair at all (no eyebrows either) and badly scarred like the Ultimate version but in a pattern similar to the unmasked 616 version that resembles a bolt. Hi get up, similar the the movie Spider-Man now, would be multi layered and more functional in its purpose and less than a flashy costume although it would be flashy. Similar to the New 52 Flash, the yellow lightning bolts would be fabric (or tubing) that lights up when he is using his powers. So instead of him having yellow on his suit, it glows making it look yellow.

2255868-tumblr_m10cymnwos1qg8i80o6_400_super.jpg

Imagine Jamie Foxx wearing a get up similar to this with his head shaved and scarred up like this.

Last edited:
its a really good freakin question. Our only look into super villains so far is Lizard. Obviously. But Lizard doesn't have a costume. And the costume he could have had he didnt have lol. (lab coat that is)

So judging by that, all we will see is a nod to his comic book costume, for instance, a green/yellow electricians jumpsuit that is stripped from him when he becomes pure energy.
PE03787_.gif

Or, that he abandons later in the film for a more contemporary outfit. i.e. Ultimate Electro.
415860-Electro_Ultimate_00_super.JPG

I'd be fine with the scarred head idea. As usual, itd just have to be done well.

There is such a thing called electro scarification, or electrosurgical branding. Maybe we might see something along those lines

I hope so. I like the idea, would make him scary too. Well, I guess we might find out soon. If Foxx shaves his head to the skin, maybe eyebrows too, or something.
Not sure when this was from (should be a picture of Foxx bald):
jamie-foxx.jpg

I think its safe to say though that its unlikely he will have a mask.

This part will be interesting to see Foxx play, since its different from his usual roles. Not only is he not a good guy, but he is a really threatening bad guy.

Last edited:
Hello guys. I got some good news. But it's not alot to go on.

However, I heard from a source who works for Sony that the way Electro is portrayed will NOT disappoint. I mentioned the ultimate route and I got that response. So......that leaves me with a bit of hope. Not definitive...but still. I really didn't want to see him look like the 616 version.

As for my credibility....I know some people in the industry from a movie I was apart of called A.E.

I really don't think Webb and Co are basing everything exclusively off of the Ultimate series. For example this is Ultimate Liz:
Lizard_ultimate.jpg

But just like the MCU I imagine they will continue with the hybrid they have created so far.

Well yeah that's what I surmised as well. I'd take a combination of both. But I think it would look odd with him with the mask lol.

I would also like to see a progression of his powers. I don't want him to be all electricity right off the bat.

Looking forward to Foxx as Electro. But I hope his origin/background is amped up (pun intended). It can't just be a lazy Con-Ed worker who gets fried during a freak storm and from there figures he's going to start knocking off banks. Maybe he was an OsCorp employee.. maybe he was an engineer who came up with something brilliant, but the higher-ups (Norman?) sandbagged him.. give him a substantive ax to grind..

I'm not familiar with the Ultimates version- what did they do there?

In any case, I hope the origin is enhanced, but not made sappy, like Sandman in SM3. It's really pushing credibility for every single villain Spidey comes across to have some kind of personal connection to Pete/his family..

Last edited:
oh haha. i didnt even see them. The SHH gods granted me safe passage through those pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"