The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first impression is negative. Don't like anything there, since I was expecting something as simple as his Ultimate look. I just hope it grows in me.

My first impression is negative. Don't like anything there, since I was expecting something as simple as his Ultimate look. I just hope it grows in me.

Never mind.I have seen enough of negativity to the pic so,I am not going to say anything.

This is just "down on his luck" Electro. He's in normal street clothe - his version of Spidey walking around in jeans and a t shirt as regular old Peter Parker (except Electro, it appears, can't shut his powers off). Considering the dirtiness of the clothing, I'd say this is after Spidey tell him to shove off, and before he decides to take matters in his own hands, at which point he'll don his "official" suit.

Wow. Not what I was expecting, but I rather like it. I'm really excited to see what Foxx does with this role.

I find it more and more generic the more I look at it. Its well put together I suppose but it looks like any old blue alien or mutant that you'd find in movies. Nothing really stands out about the design at all.

Edit:I guess they found it interesting to make a FRANKENSTEIN monster angle maybe because it hasn't been done before(can anybody confirm that?).

Last edited:
This is the first take on Electro so I guess they didn't want to take any risks with the design.This is why it could like "Been there done that" design.

That makes no sense at all. "This is our first take on the character, so lets do something generic that won't make this character's design stand out in peoples minds?"

Well in that case, what design could they have done that would be some type of iteration from the comics and wouldn't stray too far away from the character, but something that would also be truly unique?

i bet if electro were yellow people would be saying he looks like homer simpson or that guy from sin city

I find it more and more generic the more I look at it. Its well put together I suppose but it looks like any old blue alien or mutant that you'd find in movies. Nothing really stands out about the design at all.

He glows though lol they could make it more intense in post, but I doubt it'll be that much more bright, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see his scars. He's also Jamie Foxx, whom is very recongizible, not just some background extra. We don't have him in the full suit yet, plus there wouldn't really even be anything much you could with him to make him standout much more without making it seemed forced. Having a lightning bolt logo on his chest would be too much, and in order to do yellow it would have to be so bright that he isn't even recongizible, which means the scars won't be as noticible and you wouldn't really be able to see facial expressions. He'd have to be like that all the time, because if you
dulled him out when he powers down, he'd look The Thing because he would probably have an orange tint.

Well in that case, what design could they have done that would be some type of iteration from the comics and wouldn't stray too far away from the character, but something that would also be truly unique?

Electro visually isn't anything iconic, if anything he's just a villian who's looks are made fun of, he's
an electrical based villian, and there are tons of those. I mean, there isn't much you can do to make him completely and utterly unique based off of his powers. Imagine if Human Torch didn't have his FF suit, nothing iconic about him. He's just a blonde guy, which could be anyone, then on fire, which there are tons of villians and heroes from all across comics
who do that too. Electro's most iconic aspect is his mask, and that's because people make
fun of it lol

Electro visually isn't anything iconic, if anything he's just a villian who's looks are made fun of, he's
an electrical based villian, and there are tons of those. I mean, there isn't much you can do to make him completely and utterly unique based off of his powers. Imagine if Human Torch didn't have his FF suit, nothing iconic about him. He's just a blonde guy, which could be anyone, then on fire, which there are tons of villians and heroes from all across comics
who do that too. Electro's most iconic aspect is his mask, and that's because people make
fun of it lol

Haha, so in other words? Go with the lightning mask or don't bother with anything else because it just won't be unique enough.

Haha, so in other words? Go with the lightning mask or don't bother with anything else because it just won't be unique enough.

Like he said,he is anything but unique.The classical look was the closest to him being unique.If his costume is like that then he will be otherwise he is a generic villan. You can't do much with him.

I'm not exactly excited by this blue look BUT I'm looking forward to see what it will look like with powers involved.

Actually, he created that for DC. That's not Electro in that illustration.
I know. Its Black Lightning I discovered that after the fact and mentioned it a few posts after the one you quoted.

I dunno...how many film villans can we name that constantly glow blue from the electricity surging through their veins? I can only think of one that even closely resembles that: Dr. Manhattan, and it's obvious that even then, the two looks will be distinctly different (one was entirely cgi, for starters).

They could have very easily gone with nothing more than a leather suit (if even that) and no other distinguishing traits. Comic people would have complained that they didn't try hard enough, and non comic people would complain that electro is nothing more than an Infamous ripoff. But here, we can clearly see that they've got a distinctive look that they're trying to create. I'll give em credit for that, and wait till we see the final outcome with all intended post production work.

Aloha,
This is the look they are going for but of course without the green costume.
Should be interesting to see if they have Electro powered up all of the time or if he creates static electricity in the air around him.Sometimes electricity is shown as white with a bluish tinge.
page7_613vL.jpg

Spidey rules

Aloha,
This is the look they are going for but of course without the green costume.
Should be interesting to see if they have Electro powered up all of the time or if he creates static electricity in the air around him.Sometimes electricity is shown as white with a bluish tinge.
page7_613vL.jpg

Spidey rules

except they're not going for this look at all (minus the shaved head).

electro is being modeled after the ultimate version.

except they're not going for this look at all (minus the shaved head).

electro is being modeled after the ultimate version.

Aloha,
The shaved head is really the key change to Electro from his earliest days in Amazing Spider-Man.He finally got rid of the "electro hood" after more than 40 years in Amazing. He's been ampted up in both Universes.You figure, a guy who instead of dying on the spot from being electrocuted lives and can harness and project that electricity, can't have hair or skin that's normal.Why blue, I don't know.I'd guess it has something to do with the SFX.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
The shaved head is really the key change to Electro from his earliest days in Amazing Spider-Man.He finally got rid of the "electro hood" after more than 40 years in Amazing. He's been ampted up in both Universes.You figure, a guy who instead of dying on the spot from being electrocuted lives and can harness and project that electricity, can't have hair or skin that's normal.Why blue, I don't know.I'd guess it has something to do with the SFX.
Spidey rules

this is ultimate electro. you can see he bears more similarities than his 616 counterpart.

66A135E7-0150-4363-B8BC-5626846A826A-4982-00000A49FA03B364.jpg

electro-ultimate-spider-man.jpg

based on what jamie foxx has said in interviews, it looks like he will also wear a costume very similar to the picture immediately above ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"