Jared Leto IS The Joker - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
some nicholson prosthetics and voilà

5nrcyw.jpg
The quality of the manip is good, but I don't like it compared to the original.

@Greens: I just hope Ayer is smart enough to make this version of Joker work. The intellectual part is also about the little details that constitute the character...

I thought every dialog in Fury was pretty good but there was always something missing, something that would bring it to this is great level. And every time I thought it's just some little detail that is required to bring that a level up... Like there was a potential for something deeper but he did not dig that. Unlike Nolan, Joker's and Batman's lines point just into the core of those characters, which is so fantastic.

But I still have high hopes for this film and this Joker. :yay:

And yeah, there is still Affleck's The Batman ahead of us, which can bring very sophisticated things on the screen in case Suicide Squad's Joker is not that articulated character. We'll see... I'm so excited for these films. :yay:

Alonso Harris is one of the best cinematic villains. Obviously because of Denzel... but he was a fantastically written character with great dialogue and many layers too. I trust Ayer to do well with the Joker here.

After watching the Suicide Squad trailer several times, I'm starting to think that the Joker IS the main villain... I'm thinking somehow he escapes and Amanda Waller puts together a squad of bad guys to track him down...

I think you're overestimating how big of a concern someone like The Joker would be to someone like Amanda Waller. He may be a deranged psychopath, but he's still just one man. She isn't going to waste time and resources to track down, capture, blackmail, and contain a group of evildoers just to keep one man in line.

It's not impossible; just very unlikely (IMO).

The big bad HAS to be tied to Enchantress, because she's absent from the group shots in the trailer.

I'd like that a lot. :yay:

Yeah, he's probably going for the same target as the squad, or he's just going to follow them and **** everything up just for the laughs.

Yeah, that's most likely it.

I thought every dialog in Fury was pretty good but there was always something missing, something that would bring it to this is great level.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I actually thought Fury had fantastic dialogue. If there was ever a movie where everyone in it spoke like real people, it's that one.

I'd be very surprised if SS wasn't just as good, if not better. But I will say that I thought Waller's "Let's just say I put 'em in a hole and threw away the hole" was...not great.

Alonso Harris is one of the best cinematic villains. Obviously because of Denzel... but he was a fantastically written character with great dialogue and many layers too. I trust Ayer to do well with the Joker here.

The difference is Alonzo was the main or 2nd lead character in that script.

Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Waller may have more screen time/importance than The Joker.

Ayer has to make every Joker scene count and have meaning since he probably wont be in the movie as much. I wouldnt be surprised if The Joker is more like the Assault on Arkham version where he comes along and causes chaos. But we dont really get to know his view of the world.

I think whenever the Affleck movie happens we'll get to see why and how he tortured Batman all those years.

For some reason, I can see this Joker wearing MC Hammer pants :funny:.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I actually thought Fury had fantastic dialogue. If there was ever a movie where everyone in it spoke like real people, it's that one.

I'd be very surprised if SS wasn't just as good, if not better. But I will say that I thought Waller's "Let's just say I put 'em in a hole and threw away the hole" was...not great.

And the 'we're some kind of Suicide Squad' was really bad as well, that feels like a more tongue in cheek MCU line than what DC seem to be going for.

And the 'we're some kind of Suicide Squad' was really bad as well, that feels like a more tongue in cheek MCU line than what DC seem to be going for.

The line is fine because the team is actually called Task Force X. It just wasn't a very good pick for the trailer.

I don't mind the hole line. I think it's a good play on the original phrase.

I thought it was fine, personally.

I'm yet to see a better version of LeJo from complaining fans.

I'm at that point where all one has to do is erase the forehead tattoo and it's perfect.

Yeah the forehead tattoo and the 'haha' tattoos are a bit too dumb for my liking. Also not sure exactly why he has an Ace of Spades of tattoo.

The forehead tat works if their is a cool backstory too it.

If it could have been any other word what would you have preferred?

I would have loved it said JASON

ETA:

Hmm...what if the Damaged tat is a hint at Jason Todd. Sort of a cryptic message that Jason isnt dead...but damaged and every time Batman sees The Joker it reminds him of it.

Problem with that theory is he had that Tat when first meeting Harley Quinn. I dont think this would be a world where he kills/damages Jason long before meeting her.

Yeah the forehead tattoo and the 'haha' tattoos are a bit too dumb for my liking. Also not sure exactly why he has an Ace of Spades of tattoo.

Because Joker knows the answer to the trick question: Who wins in a fight, Lemmy or God.

The answer? LEMMY IS GOD!

One of Jokers nicknames is the Ace of Knaves. Maybe a play on that. I actually like some of his tattoos. I've got a few myself already, need to get my sleeve finished off. The skull jester would fit perfectly lol.

After watching the Suicide Squad trailer several times, I'm starting to think that the Joker IS the main villain... I'm thinking somehow he escapes and Amanda Waller puts together a squad of bad guys to track him down... the rationale could be that it takes a bad guy to track down a bad guy, but since nobody is as insane as the Joker, even other villains wouldn't mind locking him back up.

This would make sense because it would give Jared Leto's Joker a lot of screen time to shine... also, it adds to Harley Quinn's character because she can be on the squad because she knows the Joker the best... so their history together can be explored, and I guarantee in the final battle she betrays the squad and joins in with the Joker.
From some of the shots in the trailer it looks like Midway city is deserted. I wonder if it's because of the Joker or something else.

From some of the shots in the trailer it looks like Midway city is deserted. I wonder if it's because of the Joker or something else.

It looks to me that, after escaping Arkham, the Joker steals something – I think the Squad will be sent to get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"