Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campea stated clearly yesterday to not quote him on this and that he's been wrong before. He just shared what he heard. He's done nothing wrong. Blame the news sites.

If this rumour about Ben not wanting to be Batman anymore is true, one hopes it's not because Justice League is turning out poor.

Hopefully it's all BS either way--Affleck is one of the few bright spots in these movies--but if there's truth to it, it doesn't sound like the attitude of a man who has confidence in the project he's working on.

Campea stated clearly yesterday to not quote him on this and that he's been wrong before. He just shared what he heard. He's done nothing wrong. Blame the news sites.

He knew what he was doing. If he really didn't want something to be shared he'd have just said nothing. This is oldest trick in the book.

If your source wasn't credible, why even bring it up

Journalism smh

If your source wasn't credible, why even bring it up

Journalism smh

Because need for attention, along with a pinch of clickbait.

In all honesty, I'm just tired of all the negativity and all the vitrol that comes with DCEU nowadays. Not saying that some of it isn't understandable, but the majority is extremely draining to read and see.

I'm so tired of it.

Last edited:
Some throw these rumors out there because they want it both ways. If the rumors comes true they can say I told you and if they don't come true they can turn round and say they never claimed these rumors were definitely happening.

Analyzing business numbers is always tricky. In some cases revenue isn't actually net income.

So is he not supposed to share what he's heard? And plus it's not like he gave an interview. It was on his Collider (his own show). And he still covered himself extensively. Having been in this business for a while he's made contacts, he simply shared what he heard.

This is exactly what happened last year when Drew McQueeny said he heard BvS is not getting the reception WB wanted. He was attacked on all sides and look what happened.

If this rumour about Ben not wanting to be Batman anymore is true, one hopes it's not because Justice League is turning out poor.

Hopefully it's all BS either way--Affleck is one of the few bright spots in these movies--but if there's truth to it, it doesn't sound like the attitude of a man who has confidence in the project he's working on.

Given that a far more reliable source reported just days before that Ben was very happy with the Batman script, its unlikely that he suddenly wants out.

So is he not supposed to share what he's heard? And plus it's not like he gave an interview. It was on his Collider (his own show). And he still covered himself extensively. Having been in this business for a while he's made contacts, he simply shared what he heard.

No one here is saying anything of the sort. But people are bound to get suspicious when he suddenly starts to somewhat backtrack on his report by telling fans not to take it at face value for now.

Some throw these rumors out there because they want it both ways. If the rumors comes true they can say I told you and if they don't come true they can turn round and say they never claimed these rumors were definitely happening.

Yup you hit the nail on the head there. Newspapers here in the UK do it all the time with football transfers. They throw about 10 different transfer rumours of a day and one will come off so they can say as reported in the Guardian or whatever.

No one here is saying anything of the sort. But people are bound to get suspicious when he suddenly starts to somewhat backtrack on his report by telling fans not to take it at face value for now.

He never back tracked though. He said that clearly on movie talk yesterday.

Whether the rumor is true or false Batman is a bigger than Ben Affleck like James Bond is bigger than Daniel Craig.

Come on so because he specified for people not to run with this you're telling me he expected no one too? Talk about having the wool pulled over your eyes.

End of the day Campea knows what he's doing.

Come on so because he specified for people not to run with this you're telling me he expected no one too? Talk about having the wool pulled over your eyes.

End of the day Campea knows what he's doing.

It doesn't matter what he expected. He specified not to run with it. He is absolved of an responsibility. What other bloggers/sites do is not his job to control. It was his show and he spoke what he had heard and told his audience to take it with a huge grain of salt--and not to run with it because he's been wrong before.

It doesn't matter what he perceived, or thought or expected. He covered his bases. He's good. If this news happened to be "Wonder Woman is very good" would you be as agitated? Of course not.

That's the thing here. For some reason a lot of fans can't handle negative news, as if it actually changes the facts. If Ben stays, he stays. If he leaves, he leaves. If Justice League is great, we all rejoice. These reports have absolutely zero effect on that.

The ONLY entity that can fix this situation is WB, and they're doing a piss poor job.

I agree entirely.

Although to play devil's advocate here, if WB responds to this rumor, they'd have to respond to every new rumor that comes out. And they're like 5 or 6 a day. It gives too much power to fans where they can just say something to cause a scene to find out new info.

But yeah, if this was about WB being happy about WW and JL. No one would've batted an eye. Because it's news they don't like...Campea is the target. Much like McQueeny was last year when he said he heard BvS was not all that---and he turned out to be right lol.

We need that JL trailer, people starting to get a bit stir crazy in here.

What exactly did he say? I can't listen to it right this second...but did he say Ben wants out AFTER The Batman or that he wants out asap? I'm seeing it both ways.

John Campea said that he talked to three very close sources to what's happening over at WB and they all said that Ben is currently negotiating out of his contract and that Ben doesn't want to be Batman anymore. He set that rumor up by going on a tirade on how he isn't in the scooping business, Collider isn't in the scooping business and that the last two times he tried, his anus caught on fire since they burned him. Other than that, he said take it with a grain of salt and don't even take off and run with it.

Clickbait sites took off and ran with it.:woot:

What exactly did he say? I can't listen to it right this second...but did he say Ben wants out AFTER The Batman or that he wants out asap? I'm seeing it both ways.

He said that Ben wants out NOW, and if that isn't possible after The Batman (because his contract will be fulfilled).

THE EXACT WORDS OF CAMPEA

"Let me throw one other thing out there. I'm not sure if I should share this but eh...I will. Let me give this asterisk though. Alright? I am NOT nor is Collider video in the "scoop" game. We don't like doing scoop. So please don't consider anything I'm about to say a scoop. I have tried...I believe twice in my career to break "scoops". And BOTH TIMES I have been bit firmly in me anus. Seven years ago I found out through a very reliable source...very reliable source that the Academy Award Winning actor Adrian Brody was going to be Ant-Man in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man. The source was so reliable, I was 100% sure about it, I was still doing the movie blog at the time and I wrote a story about how he was going to be Ant-Man. 48 hours later Edgar Wright writes me and says um...no he's not! So I mean...I got burned. I got burned so bad I didn't even work on "scoops" again until like last year when this report comes out that um...Snoke was at least going to look like Plagueis--what Plaguies looks like in all the Plaguies art work right? I got on the phone and talked to two separate sources that both confirmed to me..yeap that's true! DEAD WRONG. DEAD WRONG. So twice! I've tried to break "scoops" and twice I've been totally bit in the a$$ which is why I've stayed out of the scoop game. It's a fool's errand of a thing to do and I leave it to the guys who know how to do it ok? That being said the reason why this is going to be in the title of the video--take this for what it's worth. This is coming from a guy who's been burned twice by scoops. So please take this with a MASSIVE GRAIN OF SALT. Massive massive grain of salt ok? Don't share this around! But i'm just letting you guys know--over the past 4 days I've talked to three separate people--both in one way or another connected someway to what's going on at WB. And what all three have told me was that--nothing about the script or Matt Reeves direction. But one of the things coming from all three was that--they're telling me that Ben Affleck--make no mistake--he does want out. He doesn't want to be Batman anymore. Um...is what I've been told. Whether it's true or not...I was also told that pianist boy would be Ant-man and that was totally wrong".

Now you guys can decide for yourselves.

Wolfgangamadeus you wrote that all out? I'm impressed and commend you lol.

Wolfgangamadeus you wrote that all out? I'm impressed and commend you lol.

Sadly I had no other choice. And it's only fair for people to read it and decide for themselves. But it was hard to do so not going to lie! Had to pause the video like 10 times :)

But that being said he was quite jovial in tone. I can't convey bits of laughter in between. So people should watch it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"