Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to the day where studios and writers understand that it is ok to make a superhero movie that's not about saving the world and fighting monsters, aliens, yada, yada, yada. The day that happens we will start seeing much better super hero movies. Until then...it's just repetition. You might change the characters, the details of the plot, but at the day it all boils down to the same and the same cliches will always be present. It's entertaining, but man, this universe needs a different approach to this characters.

You say this as if Deadpool and Logan were not a thing recently.

Saving the world plotlines aren't automatically bad. It's a movie trope that's been used for a long time. It depends on the execution.

I think the only solo Batman movie that really had a save the world 3rd act was Batman and Robin.

Superman The Movie didn't have a save the world 3rd act either.

Last edited:
to be fair with a character like Superman--unless you go political or personal, you have to go with the saving the world. Most of the marvel movies do as well. Only one I can think of that didn't was Ant-Man.

I count Ant-Man as saving the world. Yellowjacket was planning on selling an unstoppable army to Hydra who's goal is to destroy the world order. The first two Iron Man films didn't involve saving the worlds since they were making weapons to make money or kill Tony.

I think Aquaman will only be suited up like that for the final battle. I think for the majority of the film, his appearance will be much like his BvS appearance and The Aquaman footage Snyder teased.

This.

to be fair with a character like Superman--unless you go political or personal, you have to go with the saving the world. Most of the marvel movies do as well. Only one I can think of that didn't was Ant-Man.

I count Ant-Man as saving the world. Yellowjacket was planning on selling an unstoppable army to Hydra who's goal is to destroy the world order. The first two Iron Man films didn't involve saving the worlds since they were making weapons to make money or kill Tony.

The most recent MCU movie that didn't have a save the world 3rd act would be Captain America Civil War.

The first black and white of Aquaman looked great, without a top and the tattoos showing. Having him fully covered looks cumbersome IMO.
Even though I'm not a big fan of Peter David's version of Aquaman, I'm really digging the shirtless look for Momoa. It was done better than David's version imo. However, the classic costume can work. Example:
justice-league-new.jpeg
The suit looks wayyyy better here because it looks cleaner. I don't know if it's the shadows but it doesn't look as messy with a random swash of gold and green like those toys.

For my Legion of Doom I’d want:
- Vandal Savage
- Lex Luthor
- Metallo/Cybernetically enhanced KGBeast (could serve as a villain for Batman, Superman and Cyborg)
- Deathstroke or Bane (maybe Luthor supes up his Venom Cocktail to make it stronger)
- Black Manta and his Forces
- Giganta
- Mirror Master

Last edited:
Snyder never makes the easy choices and thats why his movies are unpredictible which to me is more exciting. Thats why Im also excited for Justice League.

- Vandal Savage
- Lex Luthor
- Metallo/Cybernetically enhanced KGBeast (could serve as a villain for Batman, Superman and Cyborg)
- Deathstroke or Bane (maybe Luthor supes up his Venom Cocktail to make it stronger)
- Giganta
- Mirror Master

What I do not like about these team-ups (especially with villains) is that a lot of characters get reduced and become much lesser versions of themselves, apart from Luthor. Deathstroke and Bane, for example, would most likely just become the teams muscle, and nothing else, and lose their intelligence and other things that make them interesting and good characters. If there ever was a villainous team-up, I hope that it would happen long after the villains have been established and that the team-up is done in a way that makes them all look good, and doesn't reduce any of them.

The BvS board is that way ->

We don't wanna derail this thread and get it locked down again, do we?

- Vandal Savage
- Lex Luthor
- Giganta
- Mirror Master

I don't think it's conceivable that a roster of leading DC villains would exclude The Joker.

Do you think that they'll show show people have accepted Superman's death and they've moved on?

If we got a LOD, I'd like to see,
Solomon grundy
Lex
Sinestro
Joker
Reverse flash
Cheetah
Vandal savage.

I think with the Legion of Doom they should keep it quite small, and not go too supernatural (sorry Grundy)

Lex Luthor
Vandal Savage
The Reverse Flash
Cheetah
Metallo
Bane
Black Manta

BvS was not about saving the world from Doomsday. Unless you count the third act as the main plot of the movie.

And were you really expecting a Justice League movie that didn't revolve around saving the world?

Doomsday was a global threat that no one could stop. The military nuked it and it made him stronger. In conclusion this is DC get again using a possible end of the world villain in their movie. Whether it was 3rd act or not it was present in the film.
As for JL I've seen the cartoon series and not every threat was apocalyptic. Having JL be about the possible end of the world wouldn't be a problem if DCEUs previous films hadn't done the same thing, esp SS which should have been about a low level threat.

I'm actually baffled by this conversation right now. I can't figure out how anyone would think/want there to be anything other than a world ending threat for a JL movie

🤔

The man has a point.

Justice League is about stopping large scale threats.

Guys, again, take it to the BvS forums lest there be another post purging.

IF the mods lock this thread now, no one can complain.

I'll help, do you think any other character from Apokolips will feature beside Steppenwolf in this movie?

Most likely Darkseid, either by mention or a cameo.

Do you think any other character from Apokolips will feature beside Steppenwolf in this movie?

If they go the route of showing Darkseid at some point, I could see him being surrounded by his furies. Or several hooded figures representing them or representing Kalibak, Granny, Dasaad, and Goddfrey.

IF the mods lock this thread now, no one can complain.

I'll help, do you think any other character from Apokolips will feature beside Steppenwolf in this movie?

The fire pits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back