Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. will we know next week if JL trailer will be attached to Kong?

Maybe it's already been dropped and we just haven't found it yet, like that Godzilla Comic Con teaser that was titled "Fatboy" on YouTube. :o

So apparently the GL rumor in JL was reported again today, in the DCFilm thread but I haven't seen the source for it yet...

Watch GL appear in the end credits scene.

Not even in costume.

Just Hal Jordan eating at Shawarma. Silently for 60 seconds.

The post-credits scene is a Windows Movie Maker slideshow of the Suicide Squad Oscar from all angles.

The post-credits scene is a Windows Movie Maker slideshow of the Suicide Squad Oscar from all angles.

Someone make this. Please.

I'd do it if I wasn't a lazy uncreative f***.

If it does end up being shown with Kong, expect the trailer to be dropped online within this weekend/next week.

I think it makes more sense to wait to give us Wonder Woman's final trailer until April/May and give us something JL related now.

I think Snyder and Co may suffer at times from "know too much" syndrome.
Many times the logic that makes the stories work is all there but missed by many due to an "insiders" view.

The vast knowledge and internal logic of characters and story arc that the film makers possess may be lost from audience assumptions which is why I think many feel Snyder's films are better on subsequent viewings. There is so much there to absorb. There is subtlety that may be missed which is why I have felt Snyder could be helped a great deal by an outside editor who looks at the entire work with fresh eyes. Just my op.

Also, I feel WB marketing hamstrings itself by showing TOO much.
Theater experience is diminished when all the surprises and thrills are already known in advance.

4JL I want hints, not details and highlights!
I definitely agree. BvS could have been a lot better if Snyder had a buddy to show him how his film comes across to those not in the know who will miss the things he thinks he's logically setting up.

Pretty sure we'll get WW before JL. JL will probably come in April and WW with Kong

I think Snyder and Co may suffer at times from "know too much" syndrome.
Many times the logic that makes the stories work is all there but missed by many due to an "insiders" view.

The vast knowledge and internal logic of characters and story arc that the film makers possess may be lost from audience assumptions which is why I think many feel Snyder's films are better on subsequent viewings. There is so much there to absorb. There is subtlety that may be missed which is why I have felt Snyder could be helped a great deal by an outside editor who looks at the entire work with fresh eyes. Just my op.

Also, I feel WB marketing hamstrings itself by showing TOO much.
Theater experience is diminished when all the surprises and thrills are already known in advance.

4JL I want hints, not details and highlights!

As a big fan of Snyders, I agree with this wholeheartedly. There are a ton of layers to his films especially on a visual level but he would be a much better filmmaker, or rather a more accessible one, if he had an editor or consultant to perhaps reign in his insulgences and give him an outsider's view. Someone should've probably been there to say to him "Zack, people are going to be PISSED off if you show Batman killing like this. Lets maybe edit this so that it doesnt show Batman blowing up these thugs."

Or, like in the UC of BvS when they reveal that Superman couldnt detect the bomb at the capital because of the lead lining. For someone like me, i thought that was a brilliant twist, but if I look at it objectively that twist only works if you know about Superman's inability to see through lead. Its not set up in MoS or BvS. You have to set those things up so the payoff makes sense to the non comic book nerds. Just like how everyone and their grandma knows Superman is weak to kryptonite, but the film still explained how it worked and the affect it has on kryptonians because you have to set it up.

Thats why I think JL will be Zack's most accessible film. I think this time he's got people like Johns to collaborate with and give an outsiders view on things.

Last edited:
The lead is irrelevant anyways as Superman himself professes to have not even looked for a bomb so whether or not it was encased in lead is irrelevant and is really more a finer detail in Lex's plan to deal with a what-if scenario to keep his plan on track.

Doesn't mean anything but did you folks notice that The Rock was seated behind Affleck at the Oscars? Just a cool thing I noticed.

Meh, I loved Primer despite it being a difficult to follow film.

excited for justice league..just wanted to lay that out there

Time Crimes is so good. I like Primer but I really didn't understand it. I'm going to have to watch it like 16 times. I don't dislike movies because I don't fully understand them on my first viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"