Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you people don't like it. It looks regal... as it should. It incorporates the gold and the green of Aquaman's classic outfit really tastefully and seemlessly and It looks really effective for self-preservation in combat and for withstanding high oceanic pressures.
I'd find it really dumb if he just walked around shirtless all the time a la Jacob from twilight. :funny: I was really relieved when they unveiled this design at comic con. it's a pretty great adaptation of the colorful scaly garb worn by Atlanteans in the comics that definitely wouldn't translate well if it wasn't revamped and revised like it was.

I think it's going to look great, but that the shimmering effervescence doesn't translate well to a toy. I can't imagine an action figure of a rainbow trout or a mackerel being very successful.

Disagree with both, there was little impressive about Krypton at all, the costumes were especially underwhelming and looked like first drafts of Queen Amidala's wardrobe. I also think MOS had some of the worst flying scenes when he first flew around the wold. There was one time where he literally looked like a dot in front of a old school projection screen. In addition there was the shaking camera.
I think it got better by the time Supes and Zod fought at the end.
Either way I still conclude BvS had better flying and visuals.

I think he's only underwhelming when compared to Fox's QS which came so close to MCUs version.

Disagree respectfully about MOS Krypton, but to each their own. A fantastic modernized version of the various versions we have gotten over the years but especially the "gee whiz/Buck Rogers" aesthetic of the silver age and the more "alien" post-crisis Byrne version that held for more than a decade.

I don't hate the Aquaman armor. But I do find it underwhelming in comparison to the rest of the League. The Maori/Hawaiian tatts were the way to go IMO.

I just noticed something really cool a few weeks ago. It's hard to notice but if you look carefully you'll notice the fins on the left arm of Batman's armored suit are flattened and there's a big indentation from when he blocked Superman's blow. Which means that even in his weakened state, Supes could have punched his head clean off and was still several times stronger than a peak human. This gets me jazzed up about Batman squaring off against parademons and beings a lot stronger than him, but still beating them just because he's that much of a skilled fighter. :ilv:

Last edited:
Let's just wait until we actually see it in the movie and not on the action figure.

I don't hate the Aquaman armor. But I do find it underwhelming in comparison to the rest of the League. The Maori/Hawaiian tatts were the way to go IMO.

I expect some "battle damage" in the film where AquaMomoa has screen time topless or the like.

I was talking about Aquaman

I know I was talking about something else entirely lol just pointing out the dent on Batman's arm from superman's punch and how it signifies that Superman still retained way more strength than a peak human. meaning batman was still weaker than him but kicked his butt with pure martial art skill awesomeness. which got me even more exited to see him in action against parademons :woot:

My view is, as Supes said, he was not trying to kill Bruce. If he wanted to it would have been over before it started, even after the exposure to Kryptonite. Which is fine... Superman's approach, his character are more a hindrance in confronting Batman than Kryptonite. Add in a Batman that was cynical and frankly unstable and kill crazy and I don't have a problem with how that fight ended.

My view is, as Supes said, he was not trying to kill Bruce. If he wanted to it would have been over before it started, even after the exposure to Kryptonite. Which is fine... Superman's approach, his character are more a hindrance in confronting Batman than Kryptonite. Add in a Batman that was cynical and frankly unstable and kill crazy and I don't have a problem with how that fight ended.

but was superman really aware of how much he was nerfed when he tried to strike batman? I think he was trying to get batman to submit and listen to him until he got hit with the kryptonite grenade, then he just thought "screw this I need to take this guy out afterall". that was my interpretation.

but was superman really aware of how much he was nerfed when he tried to strike batman? I think he was trying to get batman to submit and listen to him until he got hit with the kryptonite grenade, then he just thought "screw this I need to take this guy out afterall". that was my interpretation.

^ yup. this is the way i saw it as well. when he got hit with the kryptonite, that's when superman got desperate. his mom's life was on the line.

On another note, I wonder when we will get a DCEU film where the stakes doesn't involve saving the entire world?

Stakes being high is a common trope in comic book films in general. Why would you single out the DCEU like it's the only one that has those kinda stakes.

The first black and white of Aquaman looked great, without a top and the tattoos showing. Having him fully covered looks cumbersome IMO.

On another note, I wonder when we will get a DCEU film where the stakes doesn't involve saving the entire world?

That's like most stories with super heroes. Especially the more powerful the characters involved.

Well Wonder woman is set in world war 1 and Justice League is bringing 7 hero's together to save the planet from invasion so you a can count those two films out.
The new Batman solo film might be a very grounded film or saving the world film. (Could you imagine how !@#$ off non Batman fans, if there is any would be if Batman saved the world hahaahah!!!)
It shouldnt really matter either way as long as the film is enjoyable.

It's been three movies and two of them have featured one of the most powerful superheroes there is. Relax guys.

It's been three movies and two of them have featured one of the most powerful superheroes there is. Relax guys.

For real. Sure you could do a super hero film where stakes are small and there is little spectacle. But these are big budget tent poles that studios want big returns on.

And again... Most super hero films have been about some large scale threat that imperiled a huge amount of people in some way. The more powerful the hero, the bigger the threat. Spider, Bats, Wolverine... Yeah I expect stakes to be lower. Thor, Supes, The X-Men as a whole? You could do smaller stakes but again, it's movies. People are gonna want spectacle and big stakes.

That aquaman statue definitely is not a good visual representation of the suit in real life, as it is visibly flawed down to the hair looking wrong.

I think Aquaman will only be suited up like that for the final battle. I think for the majority of the film, his appearance will be much like his BvS appearance and The Aquaman footage Snyder teased.

So what's the deal with Hammer. I've been out of the loop lately.

He likes to troll poor GL fans. Kind of annoying but I can't say I really blame him given literally every other comment he gets on his social media pages is about Hal Jordan.

I think Aquaman will only be suited up like that for the final battle. I think for the majority of the film, his appearance will be much like his BvS appearance and The Aquaman footage Snyder teased.

I share sentiment, and that footage is likely at the end of the second act or the beginning of the third.

I'm looking forward to the day where studios and writers understand that it is ok to make a superhero movie that's not about saving the world and fighting monsters, aliens, yada, yada, yada. The day that happens we will start seeing much better super hero movies. Until then...it's just repetition. You might change the characters, the details of the plot, but at the day it all boils down to the same and the same cliches will always be present. It's entertaining, but man, this universe needs a different approach to this characters.

Watch Logan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"