Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selina confirmed :o

o1n07l2.jpg

Here's a question, if Affleck decides to give a statement tomorrow (or sometime soon in next few days..) that Matt Reeves' solo Batman movie will be his last movie as Batman, how excited general audience will be for upcoming Justice League ?

I asked my wife and she doesn't give a F :woot:

It depends on the (critical) reception of the movie, that's what moviegoers look at, if it gets a Lego Batman type reviews then joe blob next door will be excited as well.

At this point every DC related negative rumour is just confirmation bias.

If there is something positive that is real it's either glossed over or gets the "yeah but" treatment. Even if there is a slightly negative baseless rumour it gets mad traction, and people start believing it. Just saw a guy on a different subforum who thinks the DCEU is doomed because
-He thinks the Flash and Cyborg has been cancelled
-Ben Affleck has nearly left the Batman
-Substantial rumors about how the JL and WW suck

The problem with this happening is that it's not a one-off thing. The same thing is happening in the political world where people believe unsubstantiated rumors.Just check out the latest episode of LWT with John Oliver. The thing is, all these rumors and stuff create a very poisonous atmosphere regarding the DCEU and lot of people go into these movies with those biases and baggage in mind. That's not fair at all. And please don't say that happens when you make in popular movies. No other franchise gets this much clickbait negative rumors at this rate. They know this gets traction, and they know they are damaging the DC brand and hurting DC movies.A casual DC fan who is my friend told me today "Hey I read on FB that Affleck's leaving Batman?".That's happening all around the world because most people just read headlines.And don't they know it.

My point is there's just no winning for WB now. They announce something good, and lo and behold. I've decided I'm not listening to anything other than official news or from reputable trades.

At this point every DC related negative rumour is just confirmation bias.

If there is something positive that is real it's either glossed over or gets the "yeah but" treatment. Even if there is a slightly negative baseless rumour it gets mad traction, and people start believing it. Just saw a guy on a different subforum who thinks the DCEU is doomed because
-He thinks the Flash and Cyborg has been cancelled
-Ben Affleck has nearly left the Batman
-Substantial rumors about how the JL and WW suck

The problem with this happening is that it's not a one-off thing. The same thing is happening in the political world where people believe unsubstantiated rumors.Just check out the latest episode of LWT with John Oliver. The thing is, all these rumors and stuff create a very poisonous atmosphere regarding the DCEU and lot of people go into these movies with those biases and baggage in mind. That's not fair at all. And please don't say that happens when you make in popular movies. No other franchise gets this much clickbait negative rumors at this rate. They know this gets traction, and they know they are damaging the DC brand and hurting DC movies.A casual DC fan who is my friend told me today "Hey I read on FB that Affleck's leaving Batman?".That's happening all around the world because most people just read headlines.And don't they know it.

My point is there's just no winning for WB now. They announce something good, and lo and behold. I've decided I'm not listening to anything other than official news or from reputable trades.

source.gif

I don't think announcements and promises are enough for DCEU right now. People have had enough promises. I've loved and supported the DCEU since MOS, but now their words just don't matter like they once did.

At the very least, a generally well-received film must be put out to turn people around. They aren't gonna be totally convinced but it will give people some hope. After several more good movies the DCEU talk will be much different. But for the time being, DCEU just doesn't have any concrete evidence that they can change.

So I can understand why some people are feeling the way they feel right now. But one well-received movie will make a lot of difference IMHO. Also do notice I used "well-received" and not "good".

All I know is that this constant flow of negativity will Push WB towards making "crowd pleasing", "safe" movies that appeal to widest possible demographic, kind of how their CW shows are doing right now.

Edit : Expect future DC movies that don't say or do anything controversial, have zero cringe-worthy dialogue and have content that will please 10 year olds.

How's that a bad thing?

This place is really killing my spirit...despite for a few posters, I hardly see the point in hanging around here; I really can't understand how people obtain such satisfaction in spreading negativity and fear....

This place is really killing my spirit...despite for a few posters, I hardly see the point in hanging around here; I really can't understand how people obtain such satisfaction in spreading negativity and fear....

They always did say that "Controversy creates cash." The DCEU has been an internet powerhouse since its inception for scoop sites. It's paradise for them right now from the sheer unknown of what's really happening behind the scenes. Scoopers can literally "leak" anything and it will be picked up because they aren't going to address things. Snyder has even said that at times, he wanted to stomp out the stupid rumors that are totally not even true, but rethought that mindset and was just happy people are talking about things. It is what it is right now. I don't see how this wave of momentum changed or will change anytime soon. If Wonder Woman does well, this all cross-cancels out anyway.

Put aside the weird predetermined hate people have for the DC movies, all this news that's been coming out from WB to the director switches, mixed with the subpar movies, this really isn't a good look or sign for the future of these films.

That all doesn't really matter. Regardless of "under-performance" or whatever, MoS; BvS and SSQuad still did good business at the BO and did some big numbers. You still got to look at how WB moved on with Wonder Woman, Justice League and Aquaman. They have secured their big directors like Snyder (contrary to the belief, Snyder is still one of their guys) and director's like James Wann. Then they are trying to sign their other big name in Matt Reeves? Yeah, you don't do that if you're folding a connected universe.

Got to pump the breaks for now peeps.

Last edited:

I agree, if I am not looking forward to a movie, I generally won't follow it being made. May comment when a trailer comes out or something, but that's about it. God forbid you trying to look forward to a DCCU movie at the moment though.

I agree, if I am not looking forward to a movie, I generally won't follow it being made. May comment when a trailer comes out or something, but that's about it. God forbid you trying to look forward to a DCCU movie at the moment though.

Same here.

So three days ago a legit hollywood reporter says we have a new director and that Ben loves the new script, and now some hack says Ben is leaving and everyone freaks out?? Insane.

So three days ago a legit hollywood reporter says we have a new director and that Ben loves the new script, and now some hack says Ben is leaving and everyone freaks out?? Insane.

ive always said when positive news comes out about the dceu a few or more days later theres always negative news about dceu comes out

ive always said when positive news comes out about the dceu a few or more days later theres always negative news about dceu comes out

You're not imagining things :woot:.

Seeing Campea go all "Why did you run with my story I told you guys not to".

Smh. As if he didnt know this would happen. Hate when they do this. Its like giving crack to drug addicts and going "why are you guys using again?". Dude you knew very well when you broadcast this on a such a wide platform. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

He covered his bases very well. Basically said "hey this is happening unless its not". If it happens he gets all the credit, if it doesnt "I told you to take it with a grain of salt". And gets all the attention he wanted anyway.

What an a-hole.

Seeing Campea go all "Why did you run with my story I told you guys not to".

Smh. As if he didnt know this would happen. Hate when they do this. Its like giving crack to drug addicts and going "why are you guys using again?". Dude you knew very well when you broadcast this on a such a wide platform. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

He covered his bases very well. Basically said "hey this is happening unless its not". If it happens he gets all the credit, if it doesnt "I told you to take it with a grain of salt". And gets all the attention he wanted anyway.

What an a-hole.

Yup :up:

Also as predicted it's been jumped on by everywhere the DCEU is doomed let's reboot talk is ongoing. As is people saying that certain productions are a mess even though all they have to go on is rumours.

Its like clockwork bro. Wondering what they are going to make up when the JL trailer hits :up:

Hahahahaha, is he really saying that garbage? Look at his face at the end of the podcast yesterday. They were moving on from the subject until he had this underlying smirk about dropping what he had heard and how he just threw it out there. He could NOT wait to drop it so now, he's playing that victim card. It was very well calculated, don't let this man fool you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"