Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems pretty apparent that WB knew it had a potentially divisive film on their hands, but couldn't put a three hour version of that movie in theaters.

The announcement about a Director's Cut was made almost immediately, wasn't it? I would imagine Snyder and WB had the director's cut agreement for a while.

I think Snyder and Co may suffer at times from "know too much" syndrome.
Many times the logic that makes the stories work is all there but missed by many due to an "insiders" view.

The vast knowledge and internal logic of characters and story arc that the film makers possess may be lost from audience assumptions which is why I think many feel Snyder's films are better on subsequent viewings. There is so much there to absorb. There is subtlety that may be missed which is why I have felt Snyder could be helped a great deal by an outside editor who looks at the entire work with fresh eyes. Just my op.

Also, I feel WB marketing hamstrings itself by showing TOO much.
Theater experience is diminished when all the surprises and thrills are already known in advance.

4JL I want hints, not details and highlights!

No JL or new WW trailer with Logan..next step, wait for Kong..:whatever:

In the grand scheme of things, at least there aren't trailers that give away too much. Yes, teases would be nice, but at least holding it, I think, shows a. WB has learned from Dawn of Justice not to give away too much, and b. speculation is still on people's minds for when it will drop, who may appear in it, and all sorts of theories.

Though, at the same time, people would speculate anyway, even if there was already a trailer out besides what there was at Comic-Con.

Official Trailer #1 coming in 2017

Very reliable source, believe it folks.

I don't even want a full trailer. I just want a nice teaser with a few new shots to reignite my hype, then I'm going to try to muster any and all willpower I have to resist future trailers.

Even tho I've never been the biggest Black Canary fan from the comics, I feel like there's a lot of potential for her in the big screen; actually I'd love to see both Green Arrow and BC in the big screen interacting in the classic comics way (or how I read they're doing in Rebirth); I like the Arrow show and I really like Amell, but I wanna see smartass Ollie fighting and shooting awesome trick arrows (that a movie budget allow better than a TV budget) and Dinah kicking ass and using her "canary cry".

Not sure if I'd want'em in the League tho; I know both of'em have been part of the League at different points in the comics (hell, EVERYONE's been part of the league at different points), but I kinda like the idea of Batman being the only "normal human" that can put himself at the level of these "gods".

I'm actually envisioning a "Dark Knight" type, street-level crime thriller movie with GA and BC, them riding their bike and fighting thugs and what else; I think a crime-fighting duo which is also a romantic couple could bring interesting dynamics and something new to the CBM genre.

Sorry if this is off-topic, I'm not quite sure now...

I'd just put Dinah in limited roster version of the birds of prey (I'm thing Oracle, Katana, Black Canary, and Huntress) in GCS and if they are in in GCS and are a hit a BoP spinoff film where they'd get an expanded roster.

Trailer schmailer. Release a new mini scandal.

I prefer Vixen over BC as well and Lupita is a great choice, but I can't see it happen since she's currently filming a Marvel film - "Black Panther".

She has been snapped up by Disney/MCU as part of the Dora Milaje in the Black Panther movie.

You never know, they have a habit of killing characters with really good actors attached to them after they wasted them in their role by giving them very little to do.

I kinda hope WB saves the JL trailer for WW.

Maybe have his daughter captured or killed, and we can see Deadshot go all John Wick / Liam Neeson.

I'd have him and Flagg be sent on a mission only for them to run into the secret six, they kill 1 or 2 members of the six and this sets them up as antagonists in SS2.

That doesn't seem to be the plan next year.

I'd bet that GCS is released in 2018 so I think it will.

Could GCS still aim for a 2018 release?

Yep, it was announced Ayer signed on around December 13th of 2016, meaning he had already been signed on for a week or two before that because they always hold back information, so that leaves ample time for a late 2018 release.

Last edited:
Is JLD actually happening?

It seems like it is, it already has a director in Doug Liman and a very passionate producer pushing for it to happen. Then they went and made the animated movie which means they are testing its concept so it in my opinion has a high likelihood of happening.

oh damn.. I just tried to find that article and it turns out all they're going to address is Batman's extreme tactics like "torturing criminals" and "nearly killing superman". Nothing regarding the murder and manslaughter he committed. that sucks. Now I'm not sure they'll ever address him shooting people to death in the batwing or hurling wooden crates at people's heads, making their skulls collide with walls, killing them instantly. Only the torturing and attempted murder of Supes. darn.

Batman never shot anyone. Watch the movie. In the batmobile, he shot the rear bumper and the tires, then the car flipped over and he rammed through it with the batmobile. In the batwing, he shot the fuel tanks of the cars, which caused them to explode and flip over. He never shot a person. And Batman in the comics and in animation does the same thing. The only difference is, that it looks much more brutal in live action. If you read the comic book tie in to BvS, none of the criminals at the warehouse or in the car chase were killed. Most were seriously injured but none of them died

Let them die. Teach these goons not to go to war with the Bat.

It was a high stake situation.He killed people. He was brutal. Moving on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"