Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point every DC related negative rumour is just confirmation bias.

If there is something positive that is real it's either glossed over or gets the "yeah but" treatment. Even if there is a slightly negative baseless rumour it gets mad traction, and people start believing it. Just saw a guy on a different subforum who thinks the DCEU is doomed because
-He thinks the Flash and Cyborg has been cancelled
-Ben Affleck has nearly left the Batman
-Substantial rumors about how the JL and WW suck

The problem with this happening is that it's not a one-off thing. The same thing is happening in the political world where people believe unsubstantiated rumors.Just check out the latest episode of LWT with John Oliver. The thing is, all these rumors and stuff create a very poisonous atmosphere regarding the DCEU and lot of people go into these movies with those biases and baggage in mind. That's not fair at all. And please don't say that happens when you make in popular movies. No other franchise gets this much clickbait negative rumors at this rate. They know this gets traction, and they know they are damaging the DC brand and hurting DC movies.A casual DC fan who is my friend told me today "Hey I read on FB that Affleck's leaving Batman?".That's happening all around the world because most people just read headlines.And don't they know it.

My point is there's just no winning for WB now. They announce something good, and lo and behold. I've decided I'm not listening to anything other than official news or from reputable trades.

You're way too bothered about what other people think.

You're way too bothered about what other people think.

I probably am. All this negativity gets to me sometimes. :up:

Edit : Another reason it gets to me is what other people think might negatively affect the movies I am looking forward to. Dont want that to happen.

Last edited:
Just take it all in stride, idiot. No harm or shame into feeling the emotional roller coaster of the ups and downs of how things operate during these times. It's all a part of the experience in following these films move for move. If any of us didn't crave it, we all simply wouldn't be here. :up:

Just take it all in stride, idiot. No harm or shame into feeling the emotional roller coaster of the ups and downs of how things operate during these times. It's all a part of the experience in following these films move for move. If any of us didn't crave it, we all simply wouldn't be here. :up:

Thats true. Btw did you guys hear that rumor about that Julian Lewis guy playing the Atlantean King?

Thats true. Btw did you guys hear that rumor about that Julian Lewis guy playing the Atlantean King?

is he in JL then? if he's the Atlantean King, wouldn't it point to the AQ solo as I thought AM is king when he's in JL?

I heard yes, there's even a photo of him with momoa I just do not know if it's recent, it might be true

is he in JL then? if he's the Atlantean King, wouldn't it point to the AQ solo as I thought AM is king when he's in JL?

Atlantean King in the history opening sequence of JL?

I have to wonder how much Atlantis is actually in this film. Because of the characters and worlds introduced, it seems like there's a lot more of Atlantis compared to, as far as I can tell, Gotham, Central City, or elsewhere. Maybe to help set up the Aquaman film?

I have to wonder how much Atlantis is actually in this film. Because of the characters and worlds introduced, it seems like there's a lot more of Atlantis compared to, as far as I can tell, Gotham, Central City, or elsewhere. Maybe to help set up the Aquaman film?

Yeah I heard there is a fair bit of Aquaman stuff in JL, and understandably so since he is the most difficult character to sell to general audience.

I agree, if I am not looking forward to a movie, I generally won't follow it being made. May comment when a trailer comes out or something, but that's about it. God forbid you trying to look forward to a DCCU movie at the moment though.
Take my advice - it's never as bad as it seems. The negativity tests your confidence at times but it only really preaches to one audience. And if it still becomes too much, just walk away and come back later. One drama fades away and another takes its place.

Its like clockwork bro. Wondering what they are going to make up when the JL trailer hits :up:

Exactly, at this point it's safe to say the trailer will followed with negative news

I'm just hoping they don't show too much. The BvS trailers definitely did that.

Yeah I heard there is a fair bit of Aquaman stuff in JL, and understandably so since he is the most difficult character to sell to general audience.

In this I disagree I think aquaman will be the easiest character to sell to the public, because of the novelty, we already have heroes of everything that is kind of ams he is the first in the cinemas that comes from the extremely new marine world on the big screen for the big Public and this is sure to generate a lot of interest.

I'm just hoping they don't show too much. The BvS trailers definitely did that.

As short as it was, and even though it was quite dark compared to what followed, I think that first teaser got it right as far as not revealing much. Talking about the one that included the voiceovers on Superman, closed up on the statue with 'False God' on it, voiceovers of Alfred talking about changes in Gotham, and ending with just Bruce and Clark looking at each other.

Even though that 'Tell me, do you bleed' line has been beaten to death almost as much as Martha, I do think that was effective teasing. But then, it was a teaser and not an actual trailer.

Point is hopefully we just get teases instead of big reveals in the trailers. Granted, Spider-Man's reveal in the second Civil War trailer was a big deal, even though we knew it was coming, so there are exceptions. But a trailer ending on, say, Superman returning in the black suit, would be a misstep.

Hahahahaha, is he really saying that garbage? Look at his face at the end of the podcast yesterday. They were moving on from the subject until he had this underlying smirk about dropping what he had heard and how he just threw it out there. He could NOT wait to drop it so now, he's playing that victim card. It was very well calculated, don't let this man fool you.

What was the name of the "blogger" who did the same thing a couple weeks ago about WW? She may be one of the Schmoes but I honestly dont watch so I forget names...she pulled the same act of talking about "sources telling her things" but then got all mad when the stories went viral and she was getting blamed for it.

Take my advice - it's never as bad as it seems. The negativity tests your confidence at times but it only really preaches to one audience. And if it still becomes too much, just walk away and come back later. One drama fades away and another takes its place.

Yeah...negativity is easy and it spreads fast. Just ignore it. Take a break for a bit idiot (step away from the Hype for a few days) it helps immensely. :)

Just remember...the vast, vast vast majority of people dont know about any of this nor do they care. We feed the engine so iff you want it to stop we need to be the ones to stop it by paying it no mind. :)

I've mostly given up visiting the DC movie threads lately... i'll poke my nose in when an Email notification looks like it might have actual info in it... but 9/10 times I get one, I ignore it now. Too easy to get into a negative mindset that then bleeds into RL.

WB is not going to reboot or close the current DCEU, their 3 poorly received movies have earned them upto 2.2 billion at Box office worldwide and WB earned 4.5 bil by selling DC merchandise.

wwe.jpg

https://twitter.com/twxcorp/status/829325807772368896

Last edited:
Too much negative PR at the moment

They need to release a JL teaser or pic or something

And, the future looks better, in my opinion, as they have decided to get the scripts right first for Flash and Batman, instead of rushing in to make those movies, It seems to me that they have learned some lessons from SS experience.

Oh I do, don't worry, I am quite strong willed so still very much looking forward to JL. This stuff used to effect me when I was younger but not now. I just don't see why people who are not looking forward to these movies are so active on these boards. I would personally find it a waste of time posting constantly about a movie I wasn't looking forward too. There are better things to do with your time IMO.

WB is not going to reboot or close the current DCEU, their 3 poorly received movies have earned then upto 2.2 billion at Box office worldwide and WB earned 4.5 bil by selling DC merchandise.

wwe.jpg

https://twitter.com/twxcorp/status/829325807772368896

That is the absolute bottom line, my friend. We can debate all day about how much money BvS could have made but it raked in dough for the studio. WB will only start to panic if WW rakes in less than I would say 500 mill and JL less than 700 mill.

That is the absolute bottom line, my friend. We can debate all day about how much money BvS could have made but it raked in dough for the studio. WB will only start to panic if WW rakes in less than I would say 500 mill and JL less than 700 mill.

Exactly, 4.5 bil. from selling merchandise in a year is a huge number, just to put it in perspective, Disney bought Marvel for 4 bil and Lucas Film for 4.05 bil.

Last edited:
Negative pr doesnt mean very mean much. It all washes away once a flashy trailer hits.

In the meantime it's best to wait for the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"