Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

If they are gonna do a Hulk TV series, who would play Hulk? I don't see Mark Ruffalo doing a TV Show as a regular. And how many seasons are they planning to make?

This line of reasoning is faulty...because the characters differed so much from movie to movie to movie. When the US fans go as nuts for Hulk's and Banner's portrayals in the Avengers movie...the comparison will be made; and what was lacking in the first two films will be understood; and the true appeal that Hulk has always had will rule. :woot:

Exactly. It seems to me that many people just aren't familiar with the character's comics around here at least before Planet Hulk. Banner and the Hulk have yet to get a real representation on screen that is truly genuine to Lee and Kirby's concept.

Those dullard Banners by Bana and Norton and by proxy their dull Hulks were ok but really not even close to the potential of what could be done. I tell people to think of it of what has happened with Batman.

We had "almost there" versions before which I'm a big fan of BTW but it wasn't till Nolan's movies where somebody finally got to present the version that properly represented the character's core concepts at it's best in a cinematic manner.

I know peeps who saw The Avengers and now get it as far as my complains about the solo movies go. If his merchandise sales are growing exponentially partly cause Whedon and Ruffalo finally tapped into what makes the concept pop this is only great news. It means the potential for a "real" Hulk solo movie is finally there.

Exactly. It seems to me that many people just aren't familiar with the character's comics around here at least before Planet Hulk. Banner and the Hulk have yet to get a real representation on screen that is truly genuine to Lee and Kirby's concept.

Those dullard Banners by Bana and Norton and by proxy their dull Hulks were ok but really not even close to the potential of what could be done. I tell people to think of it of what has happened with Batman.

We had "almost there" versions before which I'm a big fan of BTW but it wasn't till Nolan's movies where somebody finally got to present the version that properly represented the character's core concepts at it's best in a cinematic manner.

I know peeps who saw The Avengers and now get it as far as my complains about the solo movies go. If his merchandise sales are growing exponentially partly cause Whedon and Ruffalo finally tapped into what makes the concept pop this is only great news. It means the potential for a "real" Hulk solo movie is finally there.

It' funny I just posted something similar here Cain -

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=382165&page=13

If they are gonna do a Hulk TV series, who would play Hulk? I don't see Mark Ruffalo doing a TV Show as a regular. And how many seasons are they planning to make?

Probably at least two.
Gitter confirms that the TV series is supposed to launch next year on ABC, and the solo movie will come in 2015. Dunno if they plan to keep running the TV series concurrent with a film series....it's possible, but I'd guess that the TV show is a filler for the next two years.

As for Ruffalo....maybe. I don't know that he'd be up for a TV show, but I remember reading Feige saying that the TV series *will* use the came CG Hulk from the Avengers movie. So there's a fair chance that Ruff *will* head up the series. We'll see next year.

Pretty sure I read somewhere the movies and TV shows aren't going to be connected.

i dont think they need ANOTHER hulk movie.....how many times can you retell the same story? tho it would be nice to see a live action hulk vs thor instead of just the old comics from the 80s and the animated mini series they released a few years back....

I don't get what you are saying. The stories in the first two Hulk movies are nothing a like. ONe's an origin story and the other is pretty much a man on the run film.

i dont think they need ANOTHER hulk movie.....how many times can you retell the same story? tho it would be nice to see a live action hulk vs thor instead of just the old comics from the 80s and the animated mini series they released a few years back....

I disagree

Planet Hulk!

Next Hulk film should go big or go home!

I disagree

Planet Hulk!

Next Hulk film should go big or go home!

Eh. Give it another few movies. Planet hulk is kinda like "hulk carter of mars" to some extent and Disney is going to run from that.

The thing is for a movie Hulk solo stories aren't going to work as well.

Everything worked about Hulk in Avengers because Hulk had people to actually fight. Banner had personalities to clash against.

give hulk a better supporting cast and he will do fine. Betty, a powered doc Samson, Jenn, selvig, the pyms and hell bring in valkyrie if needed

Eh. Give it another few movies. Planet hulk is kinda like "hulk carter of mars" to some extent and Disney is going to run from that.

Yeah, as cool as Planet Hulk is and all, that's *not* the approach to take for the movies now. The movie will pick up where Avengers left off, so Hulk is now a genuine hero, not a menace 2 society who has to be exiled to another planet for Earth's safety.

If they don't do anything stupid, movie Hulk will never *be* somebody who needs to be banished to another planet.

I wonder if they would give Grey Hulk a go. A really good script would be cool for that. Of course, Peter David should get to have a look at the script.

With Ruffalo confirming he signed a six film deal (not sure if The Avengers counts against that or not), then I think he's going to get at least 1 solo film, the Avengers' movies, and maybe a couple guest spots in some of the other franchises if multiple solo ones don't come about.

The Incredible Hulk is my favourite Marvel film. Was hanging on for a sequel, but with a new Banner(Ruffalo), and a new look Hulk, even in a supporting role, I'll be happy to see any film with Hulk in it.
The Incredible Hulk worked well as it had suspense fron Norton who was seeking a cure whilst trying to prevent himself from changing into Hulk. It was nicely paced.
The Hulk action was great and the Abomination is a great foe.
To get that same balance - banner, hulk, plot, foe, I'm not sure what Marvel could do...
It seems quite clear that the avengers has given the hulk a breath of fresh air and I bet the suits at Marvel are following this closely.

I have not seen the Avengers movie yet, but from what I hear, Hulk is portrayed in a heroic role. If they do in fact go forward with a new solo film, I would like to see Hulk continued to be portrayed as this. Hulk is one of my favorite Marvel characters, but for the past 20-30 years, in comics, tv shows and movies he's had this sad depressing story of being on the run. Now when he's portrayed in a positive role, and the audience and fans are loving it. Even Marvel said his popularity has shot up recently.

So yeah, give me more heroic Hulk.

Last edited:
who knows. We'll see the character again in some form. Ruffalo might be referring to "six" options, if Marvel decides to bring him into another film as a supporting player ala Fury, etc. I'd rather see him in some group efforts for a while, the next Hulk solo film, if any, needs to have a similar scale to Avengers-- multiple foes, with a big mastermind behind it..

MS owns Namor but the Surfer would be key. I still think it would be doable without him though.

MS owns Namor but the Surfer would be key. I still think it would be doable without him though.

If they go without surfer, I would hope that they at least fill his spot with another cosmic character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"