• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

L O S T - The Role-Playing Game (OOC Thread)

Well in the rules, it does say "You may choose any character from the world of L O S T, or create your own."

Really, the only real named, main survivors from Season 1 that haven't either been approved or reserved are Jin, Sun, Claire, Michael, Walt, and Shannon ...

It does mean the RPG is getting a lot of interest, which is good, but it also means more people will be choosing Others for characters.

I suppose I'll just have to edit the rules then.

Hey MM, just a query; basically, obviously right now we're limited to one player (good move btw), but is there ever going to be a time when we expand to two?

If so, and if this game gets that far, I'm totally applying for Daniel Faraday laters. I just wanted to put that out there. I'll kill anyone who takes it from me. with my teeth. My jagged, crooked teeth.
Yeah. We're going to expand the character limit at some point. Granted we don't know when exactly, but it'll happen.

Are you going to leave the roster until everyone who was interested applied?

Are you going to leave the roster until everyone who was interested applied?
Yeah, for now, at least. I've edited Kate Austen into it. I'm just waiting for Hurley and Charlie for the time being.

Kay. I don't see Kate in the roster, though.

L O S T
RPG Character Application

Screen Name: Well I'm not sure...

Character you would like to play: Charlie Gallagher uh I mean Noel Pace I MEAN CHARLIE PACE... dammit.

Is this a pre-existing character or self-created?: Pre-existing.

Brief history of the character up to the point of the crash of Oceanic Flight 815: Charlie is the bassist and songwriter of a rather famous rock band, one which he started with his brother Liam. The details of their fueds and fights were tabloid gold and Charlie had most of his privacy taken from him by the media and ended up sprialling out of control, record sales diminished and his popolarity waned. He was driven to drugs, most notably heroin.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1. I had a gun held to my head and told to pick him up

2. Seriously

3. Ok so I'm a bit of an authority on british rock stars

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: A capable and (once I get my net back) frequent poster that enjoys interaction. This is the required second sentence... ignore it.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed to further the story.

Please provide a sample post in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

(Will do once I have time)

Please post a picture of your character for use on the roster:

charlie.jpg

Can't wait for the IC thread to be started up.

I'm just waiting on Sensei for that one. We need to discuss something about the first post.

What is making me really happy is, even with the roster as is on the front page, we basically have all the major important players from season one filled. sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Indeed. Looking forward to getting the game started, which should be very, very soon.

Now, so soon before lift-off, for those who aren't crystal clear:

Think of it this way; you're really trying to get your character off the island. Trying to get him/her home. But in the meantime, you need to get food, water...basically just survive. Live life on the island. It's MM's and my job to try and f**k your s**t up. So be afraid! BE VERY AFRAID! :cmad:

Good news!

Sensei and I pretty much know exactly how we're going to get the season started, so expect it very soon (I'm talking 1-2 days, tops).

Bad news!

We're also ****ing up reality as you know it. It's awesome.

Seriously, we should have written the tv show.

It's that good. We're that good.

/hype.

Should there be some kind of penalty for when you finally break this thing? Like, should we be allowed to tear you apart with wild hellhounds, Supernatural-style.

Should there be some kind of penalty for when you finally break this thing? Like, should we be allowed to tear you apart with wild hellhounds, Supernatural-style.

100 internet points for you, for the Supernatural reference.

God save my soul.

L O S T
RPG Character Application

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: Billy Chambers

Is this a pre-existing character or self-created?: Self

Brief history of the character up to the point of the crash of Oceanic Flight 815: A star in the Vegas showrooms of the 70's, Boppin' Billy Chambers had #1 hit after #1 hit all throughout the decade and into the 80's. His fan base started to dry up in the late 80's, by the mid 90's he was all but forgotten by American audiences. Realizing he had fans all over the world, he took his act on the road and now makes a living as a international spokesman and lounge singer, he was on his way back to the states after a semi-succesful tour of Austrailia when Flight 815 crashed.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1. While I love the current RPGs, I have grown a bit tired of capes and costumes. This is a nice change of pace.

2. I think I can have some fun with a guy like this, being a washed up singer.

3. He and Charlie Pace can start a band!

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I can bring a semi-decent RPer with two and a half years of exp. I can also bring another character.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As much as possible.

Please provide a sample post in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

Sydney

"The summer wind, can blowing in from across the sea!....Thank you!" I say as I groove around the stage of the Sydney Holiday Inn.

There are maybe a half dozen people in the room, half of them are chatting at the bar.

"It lingered there, and touched your hair and walked with me!" I belt out as the bartender stifles a yawn.

I really can't believe this, back in Vegas I had them hanging from the rafters...now, it's all I can do to keep the blue-hairs awake.

After the show, I'm at the bar nursing a jack and coke when a fat blonde comes waddiling up.

"Can I have you autograph?!" She says with a mild Austrailian accent.

I smile and take the pen from her hand, scrawling my John Hancock on a napkin.

"Wow, thanks. You know, my sister had your poster up on our wall when we were little girls. She loved you, she's gonna be so jealous."

"I bet." I hand her the napkin and pen. She smiles and puts them away.

"You know you used to be a big star....whatever happened to you?"

I sigh slightly as I pick up my drink and take a big gulp.

"I don't know...I just don't know."

Please post a picture of your character for use on the roster:

bill-murray-original.jpg

My God...the sky is falling :wow:

Approved, my good sir. And after having a long talk with MM, the IC thread will be up tomorrow, I believe.

My God...the sky is falling :wow:

Approved, my good sir. And after having a long talk with MM, the IC thread will be up tomorrow, I believe.
Awesomes. Will the RPG start after the crash, or on the plane?

Awesomes. Will the RPG start after the crash, or on the plane?

The RPG picks up one week after the crash. It's mostly so that we can get right into the thick of it, instead of going through the motions of having everyone go "Oh my God, we crashed!".

The RPG picks up one week after the crash. It's mostly so that we can get right into the thick of it, instead of going through the motions of having everyone go "Oh my God, we crashed!".
...So will we still be doing the resource gathering and shelter building? Because as far as I can remember, didn't they have the shelters up, the fuselage burned, and a food supply by day 7 in the show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"