BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's supposed to be smart, though.

965D33D9-B9C0-4169-9CF0-5D13AFC16FCA-2068-0000025CBCA7B24E.jpg

Matthew%20as%20Lex.jpg

Forgot about McConaghey as a potential Lex. He would be good pick also along with these other actors I mentioned earlier in a previous post below.

I wish we can hear a list of candidates for Lex. Since we haven't heard a word about who is being looked at for Lex.

Me thinks WB's and Snyder want someone big like Viggo, Law, Phoenix, Leo, Fiennes, and now that he has dropped out of Jurassic World....I wouldn't be surprised if Brolin might be in the mix for Lex.

Another actor who I think would be a good pick would be Jason Isaacs.

Psh. He's one of the best actors of all time, we'd be lucky to have him in this.

It just feels too easy, he's great yeah and he played a bald villain/anti hero for 5 years straight it was great. But Let the man move on to other roles. Seeing him as lex is like seeing walter white all over again but in superman. It just feels a bit unimaginative.

Yeah I get that complaint for sure. I guess I just didn't get enough Bryan Cranston/Walter White, watching him perform is insane though, I doubt many actors would be able to top what he could turn in.

I've seen people criticize Cranston as Lex because he's played a bald villain before, yet they then go on to suggest Mark Strong as Lex. I feel like that suggestion is even less inspired because the way he usually portrays villains isn't anything particularly original. At least Cranston would be captivating to watch, Mark Strong just plays a classical stereotypical villain every time. I guess I just don't appreciate his acting style as much as other people. He's a solid actor, there's no denying that, but I've never been amazed by anything he's done. I sincerely hope that he isn't cast, because I know exactly how he would be as Lex. We have an idea of how Cranston would be too, and the idea of that just excites me more.

Cranston would be great. It doesn't bother me that he played a bald villain before. Lex might be written very different from Walter White and the only thing they'd have in common would be looks.

No just because Rodrigo is positive it won't be him. :D

I don't think it'll definitely be him, but I think he's a likely candidate.

I hope Patrick Wilson gets considered, even though its not likely he'd get cast he's still my personal favorite choice.

I hope Patrick Wilson gets considered, even though its not likely he'd get cast he's still my personal favorite choice.

I don't understand that choice. Sure it's unpredictable, but i really don't think he could do it convincingly. He's not a believable villain. i like the idea of a guy looking nice enough to convince a whole city he's a good guy, but Patrick Wilson takes that idea too far.

Viggo Mortensen, Bryan Cranston, and Matthew McConaughey look like nice guys but their faces also can look menacing too..

I've seen the pictures posted of Patrick Wilson to make him look like a bad guy and I'm not convinced. I like him as an actor, but I don't think that's the right role for him

craniac? Cranstiac? Crainstiac? Branston? Brainston? Brain Cranstoniac?

I also want him. And if Hanks' age isn't a huge barrier, I really want to see him as Luthor if Wilson doesn't make the cut. :word:

Isn't it getting pretty late in the game for someone to have not been cast as lex yet assuming he will be in the film?

Look at how long ago Affleck was cast.

Isn't it getting pretty late in the game for someone to have not been cast as lex yet assuming he will be in the film?

Look at how long ago Affleck was cast.
If he's going to be in this movie, they probably have him cast and are just holding off on making an official announcement.

I don't understand that choice. Sure it's unpredictable, but i really don't think he could do it convincingly. He's not a believable villain. i like the idea of a guy looking nice enough to convince a whole city he's a good guy, but Patrick Wilson takes that idea too far.

Viggo Mortensen, Bryan Cranston, and Matthew McConaughey look like nice guys but their faces also can look menacing too..

I've seen the pictures posted of Patrick Wilson to make him look like a bad guy and I'm not convinced. I like him as an actor, but I don't think that's the right role for him

Love your avatar by the way. I think Dafoe would be a fantastic choice as the next Joker, whenever that occurs.

Did you see him in Shadow of the Vampire? He was great and he disappeared beneath that makeup as Nosferatu and he would do the same under the Joker makeup in a similar fashion I believe. :hoboj:

If he's going to be in this movie, they probably have him cast and are just holding off on making an official announcement.

The casting is complete and they are holding off until the time is right and or are negotiating as we speak. Perhaps working out scheduling. If Lex is in this film....an announcement should be coming by the end of the month I would think.

Last edited:
He's supposed to be smart, though.

I'm sure Mel Gibson can do smart. :p

Yeah I get that complaint for sure. I guess I just didn't get enough Bryan Cranston/Walter White, watching him perform is insane though, I doubt many actors would be able to top what he could turn in.

I've seen people criticize Cranston as Lex because he's played a bald villain before, yet they then go on to suggest Mark Strong as Lex. I feel like that suggestion is even less inspired because the way he usually portrays villains isn't anything particularly original. At least Cranston would be captivating to watch, Mark Strong just plays a classical stereotypical villain every time. I guess I just don't appreciate his acting style as much as other people. He's a solid actor, there's no denying that, but I've never been amazed by anything he's done. I sincerely hope that he isn't cast, because I know exactly how he would be as Lex. We have an idea of how Cranston would be too, and the idea of that just excites me more.

I agree. Wouldn't Mark Strong be playing the same guy he played in Kick-ash?

I've binge watched all of Breaking Bad and these clips below pretty much had me sold to Cranston as Luthor. It wouldn't exactly be Heisenberg vs Superman, sure they're bald sinister psychopaths, but it really depends on what iteration they go with. He may not be the greatest scientific mind on Earth even(like Walter White), for all we know, he's a bigger than Zuckerberg business tycoon as seen on Smallville or he could already be President. At least that way we can save ourselves from another Luthor who just wants land.

Imagine this, Superman is down on the ground, costume in tatters and surrounded by the eerie green glow of Kryptonite. Then Luthor looks down on him and says the words from 0:51.

[YT]wMEq1mGpP5A[/YT]

and then there's

[YT]U4U4he3GgC4[/YT]

No just because Rodrigo is positive it won't be him. :D

I don't think it'll definitely be him, but I think he's a likely candidate.
:argh: :o

But imagine this in interviews. I can't see it happening for this reason alone!

"So, Zack. How did you come by casting, Bryan?"

"Well, it was all thanks to a silly Internet rumor started by El Mayimbe. Then it was propelled by a hack website. The story caught on and it eventually reached Bryan.
We wouldn't have known he was interested if not for CBN, so thanks guys!...and incidentally, it was also how I cast Timothy Dalton as Alfred!"

Producers like to feel original. So Cranston and Dalton have had their chances harmed, despite being good actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"