Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the films crossed 100mill now? That's good. Looking around it seems like China will be make it or break it unless Lionsgate has faith in future movies.

So the films crossed 100mill now? That's good. Looking around it seems like China will be make it or break it unless Lionsgate has faith in future movies.

That and Japan as well. It all depends on their expectations really and if they want to take a risk on making a sequel. I would say they should go ahead. I think the most difficult part is bringing Power Rangers to today's audiences and establish the property.

That and Japan as well. It all depends on their expectations really and if they want to take a risk on making a sequel. I would say they should go ahead. I think the most difficult part is bringing Power Rangers to today's audiences and establish the property.
What about these numbers show they established the property?

Super Sentai is an established property. But, as Godzilla has shown, the Japanese tend to prefer the homegrown variety. And a Power Rangers movie isn't exactly some event when you have a yearly Super Sentai movie.

Super Sentai is an established property. But, as Godzilla has shown, the Japanese tend to prefer the homegrown variety. And a Power Rangers movie isn't exactly some event when you have a yearly Super Sentai movie.
Actually the Japanese have warmed up a lot to the movie's trailers. Some even wish that Super Sentai was made on this kind of budget.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/03/japans-reaction-to-the-power-rangers-movie-trailers/
Yeah hope so too. I feel that since Lionsgate really is looking for that next big franchise especially since both Hunger Games and Divergent are done and that Expendables is basically collapsing with Stallone and Schwarzenegger both walking from the movies, they're going to try their damndest to make Power Rangers 2 happen even if they slightly get passed the minimum limit whatever it is or Lionsgate will opt to please the Bronies instead and will do so for the rest of time.

Actually the Japanese have warmed up a lot to the movie's trailers. Some even wish that Super Sentai was made on this kind of budget.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/03/japans-reaction-to-the-power-rangers-movie-trailers/

Yeah hope so too. I feel that since Lionsgate really is looking for that next big franchise especially since both Hunger Games and Divergent are done and that Expendables is basically collapsing with Stallone and Schwarzenegger both walking from the movies, they're going to try their damndest to make Power Rangers 2 happen even if they slightly get passed the minimum limit whatever it is or Lionsgate will opt to please the Bronies instead and will do so for the rest of time.

The Tyler Perry's Madea movies is still making money for them.

If you all give your money to the movie gods you will get your power rangers sequel.

So please if you make $9 an hour work longer shifts. Spend your weeks paycheck to The Billionare Saban. He needs your money to get pernission to make a sequel for us all.

This is whats important right now, escapism. Not delicious food, vacations or your loved ones but your money to go towards the Power Rangers sequel.

Oh please god oh I want this more than anything.

Im praying for every country around the world to UNITE to go see Sabans Power Rangers. He needs our money desperatley to make this happen. We can do it!

fsHWHJ6.gif

100mill worldwide is nothing when the film cost 100mill plus marketing this film needs 250 mill worldwide atleast to turn a profit

Why are people betting on China when they take 75% of the revenue?

Because good numbers there might make a sequel possible on Chinese money. But honestly, it is a fair point to wonder if that would really help at this point.

saw on twitter from an Italian site PR debuted 4th there on Thursday. Just below the Smurfs.

Because good numbers there might make a sequel possible on Chinese money. But honestly, it is a fair point to wonder if that would really help at this point.

This movie be lucky if it reach 150WW and that's not me being negative. it's just stating a fact. lol

Last edited:
100mill worldwide is nothing when the film cost 100mill plus marketing this film needs 250 mill worldwide atleast to turn a profit

55% goes to lionsgate from north america and uk, , and 55% goes to companies that bought power rangers in their countries, movie theaters get 45%

so lionsgate production budget is $25,000,000 and $40,000,000 for marketing, so to break even power rangers has to make $120,000,000 from the united states and the uk, and canada and the other countries spent $75,000,000 plus marketing, so power rangers has to make in those countries $220,000,000 in countries outside uk and us and canada to break even

for liongate they need $52,000,000 from us, can, and uk more in box office sales to break even, for other countries they need $187,000,000 more box office sales to break even

so $340,000,000 gets a power rangers 2

$290,000,000 gets a power rangers 2 if dvd sales are good, but dean Israelite is done directing power rangers 2, john gatins may get canned writing, and some producers might get canned for power rangers 2, and expect a lower budget $80,000,000

Last edited:
I wonder if they would consider rebooting in 5-10 years if the film doesn't make enough money for a sequel.

I think the Power Rangers brand is a strong one though so wouldn't be shocked to see a TV series again at somepoint. Whether or not that is cheesy like the old shows or they try to do something a bit more like the film for a little more of a mature audience I don't know.

I wonder if they would consider rebooting in 5-10 years if the film doesn't make enough money for a sequel.

I think the Power Rangers brand is a strong one though so wouldn't be shocked to see a TV series again at somepoint. Whether or not that is cheesy like the old shows or they try to do something a bit more like the film for a little more of a mature audience I don't know.

Uhm...

China gets 100% of revenue anyway, as do every other country outside of canada, us, and uk, lionsgate only makes money off us, canada, and uk box office, research how lionsgate operates as a company

lionsgate best bet is to create a shared power rangers, naruto, sailor moon cinematic universe,

power rangers are their ironman

Naruto is their thor

Sailormoon is their wonder woman

but lionsgate is to stupid to realize that

Last edited:

Erm, the TV series never stopped

Erm, the TV series never stopped

I wasn't aware of that but I guess the idea still remains that they could potentially look to do a tv show aimed more at teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"