Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kj2005dawn you have to take that video down, it's a bootleg.

ASJ looks so weird with a Beard and mustache I think its because I haven't seen a picture of him for a long time so it caught me off guard.

@the_moviebob:

POWER RANGERS is 90 minutes of toothless teen melodrama apparently sources from a Tumblr crawl, capped off by 20 minutes of decent pre-viz.

Wait, I thought Movieblob was all about that Tumblr crowd?

@ harryoscorp, about your reply on the previous thread, I believe if PR is a modest performer for Lionsgate (but good ancillary sales), Saban could take the sequel to another studio. (After all, Marv Films took Kick-Ass 2 to Universal Pictures.)

Close Saban buddy Jim Gianopoulos (former Fox studio exec) is securing a deal to succeed Brad Grey as head of Paramount Pictures, and that includes greenlight authority for movies budgeted over $100M+. Or he could take it to Fox, where Temple Hill has a first-look deal.

Unless they figure out the China issue, then I don't see any of the other major studios being interested.

confusing tweet from a neo saban power ranger........ you contributed to power rangers not being cool

ciara_hanna_on_Twitter_Alright_Power_Rangers_is.png

i think it can make it to 40, these predictions are never on point.

Even if it got 40 million. That's far cry from making enough to warrant a second one.

P.S. Box Office Mojo that has a very good track record. Will make it's prediction tomorrow.

Last edited:
Even if it got 40 million. That's far cry from making enough to warrant a second one.

P.S. Box Office Mojo that has a very good track record. Will make it's prediction tomorrow.

Shouldn't this movie kill over seas? I'm hoping the foreign BO really helps us out to get a sequel.

I guess the alleged issues between ASJ and JDF might be real. Went to JDF's Instagram...pics with WJ and DY...but none with ASJ.

What was their beef about anyway? smh

JDF is sensitive and ASJ is a threat to his ego is pretty much the gist of it

Shouldn't this movie kill over seas? I'm hoping the foreign BO really helps us out to get a sequel.

I was hoping it pull a shocker like kong did here in the us. as for overseases. doesn't help that it's been baned in china.

Okay just got back from watching the movie:

Pros:
1. I think the movie did a good job of making the audience relate to the main characters, especially Jason, Kimberly, and Billy (who stole the show IMO). You really know that these characters are more than just 'teenagers with attitude'; they have serious life issues and you know why they are the way they are.
2. I was expecting the acting to be subpar, but the main 5 actually did a pretty good job with what they were given. Granted, you don't see a film like this for topnotch acting, but nevertheless they held up.
3. At first I didn't like the costume design of the suits, but it actually grew on me. It didn't feel too Iron Man-y, it still managed to scream 'Power Rangers' to me while incorporating new elements.
4. Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa, to me at least, was hamming it up like crazy, and some people might not like that, but to me the point of Rita has always been to be a hammy villain, and boy, did she go all out. I loved that aspect of her.

Cons:
1. The film spent way too much time on building up the characters. It was about 80% build up, 20% action. But I guess it's to be expected, since it is an origin movie more or less and you need to establish motivation and skills and whatnot.
2. During the action scenes themselves, not enough time was dedicated to hand to hand fighting vs the putties, and too much time was dedicated to them using the Zords.
3. Speaking of the Zords, they felt too clunky for me. Either that, or the camera shook way too much during that sequence for me to get a good and clear look as to how they moved (exception being Pterodactyl cuz all it does is fly around lol). Also, the Megazord didn't really impress me, because it was the clunkiest of them all.
4. Way too much product placement. It got really annoying.

Overall, I had a lot of fun, mostly because I had lowered expectations coming in to the movie, and partly because Power Rangers is a huge part of my childhood. I'd probably rate it 3.5/5 stars.

Oh if you guys have any questions, just shoot, because I'm not sure if I can post spoilers freely in this thread so I might have to spoiler tag it.

Just got back from seeing the movie. As someone who grew up on Power Rangers and was a huge fan of it all through the '90s, I loved this movie. I smiled, I laughed, I clapped. I enjoyed myself a great deal. I truly hope the film gets a sequel because I want to see more of this new Ranger team. They all work so well together and the character development in this film is beyond what I ever could have expected from a Power Rangers movie. In my opinion, it was very good. Can't wait to see more.

Just got back from watching it. It was fun and enjoyable.

Zack and Trini got the least amount of screentime. Even in the final battle, you don't see much of them in action. Hopefully they get to do more in the sequel.

Jason,Kimberly and Billy have the most screentime.

Elizabeth Banks as Rita is like the worst villainess ever. Even worse than Divatox in "Turbo: A power rangers movie." Everytime she delivers her lines, it's just awful, campy and over-the-top.

Surprise cameo:

you see Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank at the end of the movie. After the final battle, they are part of the crowd that take photos of the megazord with their cell phones.

In this movie, you learnt that Zordon is the original red ranger.

Billy is the first to be able to morph, and also the first to be killed by Rita. But Zordon saved him.

The after credit scene sets up the introduction of Tommy. In the detention class, the teacher calls out "tommy oliver" several times, and you see an empty desk and chair with a green jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"