Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, if I want to be disappointed in martial arts action, I can still finish Iron Fist...

For me and Darth, the issue is that a LOT of our concerns were confirmed. So, there isn't much incentive to see it. Especially in a packed month like Mar/April.

Plus I need to watch BatB another 2 times at least. :woot:

Yes I got a digital copy, probably will buy a whole bunch of physical PR comics when FCBD arrives with all the sales here. I'd like to see Apex become a thing in the movies moving forward. And when you have them laying the ground rules in the comic and have the Green Ranger going on a rampage, it sets up what could be some awesome action down the line like Military on Ranger action.

Well yeah. Billy morphed without the need for the command center.

So why couldn't the others do it?Why the need for the command center. Zordon said the arour is inside them. Meaning they can morph at will like Rita and Billy did. Made no sense at all. Even when Jason returned the sword that he had formed anyways and de morphed lol

From Deadline:

Saban’s Power Rangers*(LGF), 2,978 theaters *(-715) / $1.63M Fri. (-59%) / 3-day cume:*$5.9M*(-58%) / Total cume: $75.6M /*Wk 3

So why couldn't the others do it?Why the need for the command center. Zordon said the arour is inside them. Meaning they can morph at will like Rita and Billy did. Made no sense at all. Even when Jason returned the sword that he had formed anyways and de morphed lol

I think they were all capable of doing it we just didnt see that.

Billy first morphed away from the command center because he put his neck out and broke up the fight which I guess is some kind of "you need to brave your fears" kinda **** which the other were yet to do.

I dont remember the context of the other out of CC morph.

God damn I wish this movie was better.

I think they were all capable of doing it we just didnt see that.

Billy first morphed away from the command center because he put his neck out and broke up the fight which I guess is some kind of "you need to brave your fears" kinda **** which the other were yet to do.

I dont remember the context of the other out of CC morph.

God damn I wish this movie was better.

Earlier in the movie, during that training montage. They spend countless times trying to morph in the command center. The implication was that, that's how they morph. They need to stand on those pads in a circle around the morph grid or whatever. Then later in the movie Billy and Rita do it without being in the command center. Then in the 3rd act they need to stand around it again. I had thought that for their first team morph they all need to be on the pads but that was undone when Billy did it by himself. I wish the movie was better too but it just seems like it really was all cool and interesting ideas with subpar execution.

From Deadline:

Saban’s Power Rangers*(LGF), 2,978 theaters *(-715) / $1.63M Fri. (-59%) / 3-day cume:*$5.9M*(-58%) / Total cume: $75.6M /*Wk 3

Definitely not a good drop for Power Rangers. There's actually a chance it could fall behind Kong this weekend which would be pretty awful.

Plus I need to watch BatB another 2 times at least. :woot:

Don't think they need the money that badly (B&B). I'll wait for it to hit Netflix, besides I've already seen the classic and proper version of this movie. :oldrazz:

PS: Going for round 3 tuesday and going with a group of 11 people. Should be fun. :woot:

From Deadline:

It's confirmed, the film is dead in the water. Furious 8 will more or less finish it off next weekend.

They had one shot.

Don't think they need the money that badly (B&B). I'll wait for it to hit Netflix, besides I've already seen the classic and proper version of this movie. :oldrazz:

PS: Going for round 3 tuesday and going with a group of 11 people. Should be fun. :woot:

You should check out the 2014 adaptation of Beauty and the Beast starring Vincent Cassel and Lea Seydoux. It's in French and does enough to add and change elements to really be its own thing! Thing has a good budget and Cassel's beast looks way better than the new beast. They take the principals of the fairytale and break it down and build it back up again in a really great way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316801/reference?mode=desktop

Don't let the rating fool you. It's faaaar superior than that awfully bland license renewal that's in theatres right now :woot:

So every time they morph they have to be in he ship standing around the grid? The whole morphing thing was vaguely touched upon.

They don't have to be in the ship. Their coins never leave them so they can just morph at will. Rita could and she hinted that Trini could too. I'm not sure why it was a big deal that they were on the grid though.

China / Japan will not save this movie

They love their crazy CGI / Action / Spectacle movies think The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. This movie really only one has CGI action scene & it was not a crazy spectacle one at that. Look at Rogue One that had a decent amount of crazy CGI / Action / Spectacle & it still flopped there. Also look at what else is coming out at the same time as this one & thats The Fate Of The Furious which will likely have crazy CGI / Action / Spectacle every 10 minutes or so in the movie & they love Vin Diesel. Power Rangers has no hope in China / Japan if Rogue One could not do well Power Rangers will do terrible especially opening against Vin Diesel & it kind of also has to worry about Guardians Of The Galaxy a movie franchise tailored made for the crazy CGI / Action / Spectacle crowd which Power Rangers is not made for

They should've given them morphers to help harness the "coins" power tbh.

Yeah I would be stunned if it did much more than what Ghost in the Shell will do in China. I think the best case scenario is around 60 million in China. And in Japan they're not fans of Power Rangers, they are fans of Super Sentai. I don't know what's going to happen exactly but I don't foresee it turning into some sort of phenomenon there.

They should've given them morphers to help harness the "coins" power tbh.

Watch in any sequel Billys grades starts falling because hes in the Command Center than at school helping Alpha make new stuff & this could be where communicator watches, teleporters, better morphers come in etc as Billy is learning the tech that Zordon & Alpha uses

This is the end of Power Rangers movies anyway so speculate away guys on what could have been

Last edited:
They don't have to be in the ship. Their coins never leave them so they can just morph at will. Rita could and she hinted that Trini could too. I'm not sure why it was a big deal that they were on the grid though.

They don't need the coins to morph. The armour is already inside their bodies. It just grows out of them rather than come from the coins.

who thought it was a good idea to let dean israelite mix john green type books and superhero movies together, people say they want character development, but they don't, big action set pieces sell

who thought it was a good idea to let dean israelite mix john green type books and superhero movies together, people say they want character development, but they don't, big action set pieces sell

A competent director could mix things up decently Dean was just not competent & Power Rangers lends itself well to both

Its simple re writing things to get more action in there. The story in the movie was questionable at best if Rita knew about the Zeo crystal so did Alpha & Zordon & Alpha & Zordon were on Earth for over 9,000 years. So surely a competent writer would have had Alpha & Zordon secure the Zeo crystal to begin with in case any bad guy they know came looking for it. This would allow an action scene early on after Rita wakes up & she attacks the Command Center for the Zeo Crystal & the Rangers morph early on in the movie. Simple re writes would have made things flow better. The Power Rangers is an on & off thing not the stupid ******** they did in the movie & the team can still bond instead of bonding just to unlock the power. But either way with how important the Zeo Crystal was Alpha & Zordon should have secured it. This whole aspect of the movie was stupid alone I mean seriously Alpha & Zordon had plenty of ****ing time to find & secure the Zeo Crystal long before Rita woke up & in case anyone came looking for it etc

Last edited:
if i had to guess power rangers makes $114,000,000 dom , $252,000,000 ww

lionsgate makes breaks even and makes a small profit, international partners lose $50,000,000

They don't need the coins to morph. The armour is already inside their bodies. It just grows out of them rather than come from the coins.

Sounds and looks like Guyver. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"