Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i had to guess power rangers makes $114,000,000 dom , $252,000,000 ww

lionsgate makes breaks even and makes a small profit, international partners lose $50,000,000

Yeah, that ain't happening. Its already doing sub million dollar during the weekdays. Even hitting $90 million will be difficult.

In what universe will Power Rangers make 114mil in North America?

Of course, the real test is whether it will beat out Kong this weekend. Which it may not do.

Yeah, that ain't happening. Its already doing sub million dollar during the weekdays. Even hitting $90 million will be difficult.

i mean combined us and uk, since lionsgate counts them as one

The US and UK never have combined numbers. That has never been how the box office is counted. No Studio counts North America and the UK together. It's the States and Canada that are combined. Which is why I use North America.

Watched it Wednesday, and quite enjoyed it.

An idea for the sequel
Maybe Lord Zedd turns up to finish where Rita left off, and claim the Zeo Cyrstal for himself, but in the process also claims the Green Power coin and makes Tommy his evil ranger. The rangers battle Tommy and make him see sense or brake Lord Zedd's control. With that Lord Zedd summons his own personal Zord Serpentera, and it easily holds it own against the Mega Zord easily beating it. Until Tommy finally, figures out how to summon the Dragon Zord and it combines with the Mega Zord. Adding maybe an end credit scene showing Rita waking up on the Moon.

Last edited:
The US and UK never have combined numbers. That has never been how the box office is counted. No Studio counts North America and the UK together. It's the States and Canada that are combined. Which is why I use North America.

for lionsgate as a company they sell off the rights to movies to all countries., except us and uk and only collect money made in the us and uk, so that is why they count us and uk as one

so power rangers made $70,000,000 in us and $4,000,000 in uk
$74,000,000

lionsgate needs to make $46,000,000 to break even, since they get 55% of profits

Last edited:
Again nobody combines those two countries. I don't care about their business practices, no box office analysts are combining those two countries. Period.

Again nobody combines those two countries. I don't care about their business practices, no box office analysts are combining those two countries. Period.

i know as far as box office practices are applied Canada and Us are counted as Domestic Box Office , but what i'm saying as far as lionsgate getting paid they combine the us and uk number because those 2 places are the only places they can make money

How much money it made from mexico? Isn't it like biggest box office spanish speaking country?

The movie crossed the $100M threshold worldwide. It's going to have to do fantastic numbers in China, Korea, and Japan to justify a sequel.

It was an "okay" try but The Fate Of The Furious next week will be the series's final nail in the coffin ah well I guess Saban will try again in 10 years or so

I think Mexico is one of the largest box office markets. If I remember correctly it was the only Latin American country in the top 10 (beating out Brazil and Argentina).

That is what i'm looking at the rest of the numbers for other movies.

Japan be damned, it dont bring in numbers like mexico. Japan aint gonna save issh. lol

I'm glad WB/Disney recognize this and are sending their ppl early.

That is what i'm looking at the rest of the numbers for other movies.

Japan be damned, it dont bring in numbers like mexico. Japan aint gonna save issh. lol

I'm glad WB/Disney recognize this and are sending their ppl early.

Power rangers needs

$100,000,000 in China

$50,000,000 in Japan

$30,000,000 in South Korea

i wonder if the actors are going to do press for Asia

Thing about selling your rights to other companies, those other companies can't force actors to do press for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"