Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
3D pictures tend to do well overseas especially a tentpole film like this. I think MoS does extremely well overseas.

That's what I'm thinking. Thor did very well overseas compared to its domestic gross and it had 3D backing it.

Just 3D alone does not guarantee a film's success, case in point - John Carter, Jack The Giant Slayer and Green Lantern, all 3D movies, all under performed.

Just 3D alone does not guarantee a film's success, case in point - John Carter, Jack The Giant Slayer and Green Lantern, all 3D movies, all under performed.

But all three of those films had a poor critical reception(well, maybe not so much JTGS, but still). And they were poorly marketed.

Last edited:
But all three of those films had a poor critical reception(well, maybe not so much JTGS, but still). And they were poorly marketed.

Yeah, and for every one of these examples, I could cite about 5 movies who did very well OS, with 3D; some of them being poor movies. Hell, Clash of Titans managed to do about 330M.

I am going to do an in depth box office analysis of this bad boy.

$600 million. Can't vote in the poll because Thread Manager sucks.

boxoffice. com has projected an 108 Million Opening Weekend Total for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel and a long term Domestic Gross $325,000,000 .

This would have done so well if it had the SR slot as the 1st Superman after all that time.

boxoffice. com has projected an 108 Million Opening Weekend Total for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel and a long term Domestic Gross $325,000,000 .
Well that would be great! I think it can do those numbers if the film measures up to the trailer.

Looked at the ticket sales for BFI IMAX, and I was (pleasantly) shocked to see that the opening weekend tickets have almost sold 50-75% for the peak time showings i.e. Friday evening and night shows and most shows on Saturday and Sunday.

Granted, this is only one theater but I really didn't expect to see these presales for a Superman movie 2 months in advance.

Looked at the ticket sales for BFI IMAX, and I was (pleasantly) shocked to see that the opening weekend tickets have almost sold 50-75% for the peak time showings i.e. Friday evening and night shows and most shows on Saturday and Sunday.

Granted, this is only one theater but I really didn't expect to see these presales for a Superman movie 2 months in advance.
How many ticket and how much money.

Btw, has anyone seen MOS advertisement billboard along highway? I see none. Ironman was up since last year end.

250M domestic
300M overseas

A nice take overall.

250M domestic
300M overseas

A nice take overall.

After all the marketing and great word of mouth, that would be considered an underperformance. WB is hoping for at least 700 million for sure.

I'll say it again you people have no clue with all these low numbers.
After that trailer 100mil is too low now. 125 mil opening and thats being conservative.
It will get closer to 140 opening weekend.

after all the marketing and great word of mouth, that would be considered an underperformance. Wb is hoping for at least 700 million for sure.

I'm going with a high of 600. If it does better, good on them.

I'll say it again you people have no clue with all these low numbers.
After that trailer 100mil is too low now. 125 mil opening and thats being conservative.
It will get closer to 140 opening weekend.

Great analysis :whatever:

I think people talking $900 million+ grosses and $140 million dollar openings are setting yourselves up for being let down.

This is a not a sequel to a successful movie, this is a reboot for a character that hasn't had a real box office hit in 30 years.

I think i'm being realistic when i say $700 million ww, which is probably the ceiling for this picture which i think would be great actually.

Yeah 700 mil would be great, it could do more, it could do less we just don't know but my head is saying between 600-800 mill tops

250M domestic
300M overseas

A nice take overall.
I'd be disappointed with 300m overseas but 250m + domestic would be good. Hopeful for $300m + of course :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"