Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so. After all, "some people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

Well let's see..if we go by that analogy, then 2013 is OUR YEAR OF REWARD....since Bruce and all of Gotham had to wait 8 years to get their faith rewarded, and since our disappointment in SR came in 2006..that means that 2013 will be our version of the "8 Years Later Mark"..even though it's only really been 7 years..but that's close enough.haha

Damn I can't even imagine the response the crowd would give if that was before TDKR. Don't care anymore I guess but I bet people would of been amazed.

I think we'll be seeing that response from crowds from The Hobbit. Now the reveal has carefully announced the film, I can only begin to imagine the trailer they'll put together to knock the socks off the millions going to see The Hobbit.

hobbit will probly make more than TDKR

LOTR has had years on dvd/bluray to build an even bigger fanbase

Is that what was floating when it got blurry? Right after Costner finished talking? The crowd said "woa" in reaction. I couldn't make out what it was.

From a trailer description I read, that was the part where they showed some Kryptonian technology (after Clark looks at the ship in the barn.) That was when it was described as "squid-like".

The clearer footage is WOW just WOW. Its looks totally amazing I'm still trying to absorb it.

I do find it interesting that there's a mixed reaction to the theatrical teaser and all of a sudden a clearer version of the CC trailer shows up on the net, I'm convinced WBs sets this stuff up. Tbh they might aswell just release it now.

eh who knows Snyder's watchmen footage came online till 6 months after it premiered at CC '08

Just watched the CC trailer (better quality) and my Koj, is it amazing.

Watching it, I get a watchmen vibe from it (the bit where the ship seems to be emerging from the clouds really gives off that feeling) which is not a bad thing.

I wondered how a Zimmer score would work with a superman film. You know, after listening to Williams theme all the time and the animated series having quite an upbeat hero theme. Well, this style of music really suits Superman to a tee.

I wonder what supes was getting buried under (just before you see Zod)?

I have to say, this is my film for 2013.

Just watched the CC trailer (better quality) and my Koj, is it amazing.

Watching it, I get a watchmen vibe from it (the bit where the ship seems to be emerging from the clouds really gives off that feeling) which is not a bad thing.

I wondered how a Zimmer score would work with a superman film. You know, after listening to Williams theme all the time and the animated series having quite an upbeat hero theme. Well, this style of music really suits Superman to a tee.

I wonder what supes was getting buried under (just before you see Zod)?

I have to say, this is my film for 2013.

It's skulls.

I wasn't sure. WHY SO MANY SKULLS?????

Oh man, this film looks epic. :yay:
either it's a dream, or an explosion happened and everybody died except him. Talk about a guilt trip Superman is going to go through!

I love the shot of him burning! It's just epic!
so sad that even in the better quality video that scene is blurred :(

yea....they really would have won the audience over if they had this in front of TDKR. That being said, I'm sure when they do release that 1st trailer it's going to be epic.

The clearer footage is WOW just WOW. Its looks totally amazing I'm still trying to absorb it.

I do find it interesting that there's a mixed reaction to the theatrical teaser and all of a sudden a clearer version of the CC trailer shows up on the net, I'm convinced WBs sets this stuff up. Tbh they might aswell just release it now.
Completely agree with this.They know that Fanboy word of mouth cld sway GA public opinion a bit so they are dtermined to keep them pleased.

I was impressed with how good the suit looked in clearer footage.It actually has a glossy look something the set pics dont capture.I am also impressed on how alien Kryptonian tech and dressing looks.

Snyder really hit this one out of the pack.It seems all of Snyders contribution to this movie were done to perfection.I think we should give this Guy his due.

The CC footage is available on the net? Whilst nobody can link me, and I'm not allowed to ask for it...I'll just leave it at that.

In other news, please PM me if you'd like to chat about...stuff.

Just found the "HQ" version of the comic-con trailer over at the tube... And when i see it, all I can think is "why oh WHYYYYY didn't they just release THAT as the announcement teaser!!!???". It's PERFECT! It's beautiful! It's unbelievably epic, and I do not use that word lightly! Just W-O-W!

This movie deserves such an announcement as what the people at the con they got! This very material should be released to cinemas, pronto! It would create for MASSIVE responses all around the world! Even Supermans closing-line (not an exact quote, I know) "My father told me he believed that if I was revealed too soon, the world would reject me. Like Fear. What do you think?". It's clear that that sentence doesn't only bear value within the context of the film, but it's also a strong message to the viewer seeing that footage! Are We ready for an all NEW superman experience in this world of today where we are buried in them? Will they judge my movie too soon, and not give it a chance? This would have been so cool to get as the announcement teaser!

I don't get why they're holding this piece back. It's just dumb.

Last edited:
We'll get something better in 6 months time when it's needed, dont worry.

Since this is WB they will probably release this exact same trailer with The Hobbit and since most of us here will be bored of it by then, there will be a great amount of complaining around here. Any bet takers? :oldrazz:

Comic-Con footage isn't amazing or anything. But it gave a good indication where Snyder and Nolan are taking Superman. What they're aiming for with this iteration of the character onscreen.

Absolutely should have been the teaser trailer we saw this past weekend in front of The Dark Knight Rises.

Wow, I'm totally blown away. Hell, I'm nearly emotional watching this. I'm not blubbering or even crying, but this simply stirs up such wonder within me, I feel like that joy you get as a kid when you wake up on the morning of Christmas and you just know that you're in for something extra special.

It's blurry, it's early footage, and it's not giving a lot away - but I'm completely sold on this film.

Snyder really hit this one out of the pack.It seems all of Snyders contribution to this movie were done to perfection.I think we should give this Guy his due.

Absolutely! After June 14th next year! Because you know, he's good with trailers. I bet he could make Batman & Robin look like the best Batman movie ever. There is still plenty of time for MOS to be butchered in the editing room.

I watched it this morning. Is it just me, or does the darker, moodier color palette change into something more colorful and vibrant in the scenes where he IS Superman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"