• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the better quality CC footage. Wow, just wow. So stoked for this movie at the moment, that looked both beautiful and grand.

There's an image of adult Clark staring at a school bus. Maybe that bus triggers a flashback of the childhood bus sequence. In fact, I wouldn't mind having flashbacks of his childhood as Clark walked along the road in Alaska. That way you can cover a lot of ground and have time to cover Clark's adult years.

These reactions simply prove how childish and simple-minded fanboys are. Not to mention, their lack of reading comprehension since I said I liked the footage.

But I digress.

And what looks like a plaid one too. :D Serously, it may be a weird, dreamy reflection-with-JorEl thing.

Or.....

......maybe JorEl doesn't actually die in this one and comes to Earth through the Phantom Zone with Zod. :wow: And he borrowed a flannel.

Looking at the footage again, it looks like Jor-El's Kryptonian garb, the one we saw, which has layers, with a suit similar to the Superman suit underneath that bulkier exterior.

So the scene where Jor-El is teaching Clark how to do a proper shirt rip takes place in the Fortress I suppose?

It does look like Clark is in surroundings that are of Kryptonian technology. It does look like a ship. Maybe Kryptonian tech can shift form, maybe it is related to the ship he arrived in, and the codex is the "key" to unlocking all that. Maybe that helps him create the Fortress.

Is that definitely Jor El with him? And I wouldn't say he's been shown how to shirt rip there just revealing the costume.

It has been suggested that that is a hologram of Jor-El, which looks very life-like, where it looks like Jor-El is standing right in front of him. When actually it is a recording of Jor-El, who is explaining to Clark the S symbol and what it means.

There's an image of adult Clark staring at a school bus. Maybe that bus triggers a flashback of the childhood bus sequence. In fact, I wouldn't mind having flashbacks of his childhood as Clark walked along the road in Alaska. That way you can cover a lot of ground and have time to cover Clark's adult years.

That's totally a great way to go. Like the first act narrative in Batman Begins, switching back and forth in time in natural ways, it kept things interesting and had great dynamics. If the first act would have been totally linear it wouldn't be as fantastic as it is now imo.

And with this also being a Goyer/Nolan story I think the chance for this type of narrative is big.

These reactions simply prove how childish and simple-minded fanboys are. Not to mention, their lack of reading comprehension since I said I liked the footage.

But I digress.
Everybody on this board said it is amazing. You're alone. Sorry but you deserved the rolleye and being laughed at like somebody did in a previous post.

These reactions simply prove how childish and simple-minded fanboys are.
For... enjoying the footage? Being excited by it? I know plenty of fanboys are given to hyperbole on a regular basis, but if you're talking down on folks for being really excited by this, in my opinion, really effective and invigorating trailer, then tsk tsk... bad form, dude.

Everybody on this board said it is amazing. You're alone. Sorry but you deserved the rolleye

One day when you grow up, you'll understand its OK for someone to have a different opinion. Also not everyone said it was amazing. But facts don't matter to fanboys like you. Run along and play.

For... enjoying the footage? Being excited by it? I know plenty of fanboys are given to hyperbole on a regular basis, but if you're talking down on folks for being really excited by this, in my opinion, really effective and invigorating trailer, then tsk tsk... bad form, dude.

I said I liked the footage but it wasn't amazing and people freaked out. Maybe if you read what happened before commenting...?

Exactly. But I guess we can't discuss with mods here.:whatever: Anways, im not going to let petty stuff ruin my mood. To each their own I guess.

I said I liked the footage but it wasn't amazing and people freaked out. Maybe if you read what happened before commenting...?
Fair enough. So I just scanned back and, well, I don't really see much backlash that warrants the kind of condescending language that you're using. Just my opinion, of course.

This is probably a dumb question (sorry if it is) but when can we expect the Man of Steel CC footage to be officially released online?

In fact, will it ever be released? Or do we have to wait for the actual trailer?

In the meantime, I'll watch the teaser a few more times... :)

Anyways, the footage shows a spaceship in the fortress of solitude or something...do you think that might be where Zod and Company is released from the phantom zone or come to earth?

Anyways, the footage shows a spaceship in the fortress of solitude or something...do you think that might be where Zod and Company is released from the phantom zone or come to earth?
I don't know, because honestly, the two shots immediately following Costner's "and neither are you" line... I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at. Partly because the first one is so blurry, and then the second one... the hell is that?

I still love the most, the part where Kal-El is monologuing about if the world is ready or not and we see footage of the Clark persona starting to reveal with the Daily Planet and the glasses and then we see his red boots stepping into the frame/light.

Unless Zod and friends come crashing down to Earth all "WTF? Where are we?" then maybe Clark does inadvertently release them through access to all this newfound Kryptonian technology. Then he's all "WTF?" Oops...

Yeah but the trailers will do that and be even bigger than it anyway, so might as well wait patiently and let it follow its plan. It should be a fan's responsibility NOT to facilitate passing camera-phone stuff and associate the movie with something that looks rough and pirated. Fans should exemplify faith through their patience, don't you think? :O

I know. that's what I said ( or meant to say...lol ).

I don't want to show people some bootleg, low quality shaky cam version of a trailer.

I want to show them the real thing, in hd quality.

I know. that's what I said ( or meant to say...lol ).

I don't want to show people some bootleg, low quality shaky cam version of a trailer.

I want to show them the real thing, in hd quality.

Or tell them to wait patiently. :O

but....but.........look!! a butterfly on a chain!!

Can't hold that back.....

I'm actually going over and doing a (somewhat) motion-stabilized version of the CC teaser with some cleaned-up blurriness as we speak....but I can't post it here or PM a link because of rules. You'll just have to imagine it. :O

Everybody on this board said it is amazing. You're alone. Sorry but you deserved the rolleye and being laughed at like somebody did in a previous post.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, if we all agreed it'd be a pretty boring world.

On the footage seeing it more clearly is so amazing. I think on the clearer version my favourite parts are Superan entering the fortress and the Lois kiss.

I loved it all, especially how awesome the costume looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"