• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suit looks great and has the best 'S' shield I've seen.

Was that superman crashing through the buildings near the end of the trailer?

The suit looks great and has the best 'S' shield I've seen.

I think it was yeah. I think we are going to see Supes get destroyed in this film and kick some a** as well.

With regards to the suit, I think it looks amazing! I love that shine it has when he's being led down the hallway by the cops. Looks fantastic!

The suit definitely does looks alot better than I originally thought. In fact I've quite warmed up to it! It always helps to see the suit in action compared to just still shots. I originally had a large distaste for the new Spider-Man suit for Amazing Spider-Man but quickly warmed up to it once seeing it in action through the trailers.

Looks good to me. Also dunno if this has been stated yet but if you pause at 1:37 supes is flying down what looks to be the side of a building while the other bigger,bulkier person is goin up. Are we supposed to believe this is Zod or is it another character altogether. Once again all speculation on my part be he seems much bigger then Supes and definately Michael Shannon for that matter.

Looks good to me. Also dunno if this has been stated yet but if you pause at 1:37 supes is flying down what looks to be the side of a building while the other bigger,bulkier person is goin up. Are we supposed to believe this is Zod or is it another character altogether. Once again all speculation on my part be he seems much bigger then Supes and definately Michael Shannon for that matter.

I think we are all in agreement that it IS Zod but wearing some sort of armour. Shannon was spotted wearing a motion capture suit during filming so this could be why.

I can't tell... but what would cause such a massive explosion like that? My guess is Zod be throwin' cars in that particular scene. He mad. :cmad:

So, analyzing Cavill's expression as he sees the school bus, I think he feels somehow regret or at least some sort of bad memory. Maybe people are going to call him a freak? Do you think that in the Tornado scene when he is in Kansas university, Clark is going to lose his father and therefore he is going to fill guilty about being close to people? Hence why he chooses to live as fisherman in Alaska, away from everything and everyone he loves?

But then the oil rig scene happens and he feels that he can't let people suffer anymore and needs to step up and be Superman.

Last edited:
So, analyzing Cavill's expression as he sees the school bus, I think he feels somehow regret or at least some sort of bad memory. Maybe people are going to call him a freak? Do you think that in the Tornado scene when he is in Kansas university, Clark is going to lose his father and therefore he is going to fill guilty about being close to people? Hence why he chooses to live as fisherman in Alaska, away from everything and everyone he loves?

But then the oil rig scene happens and he feels that he can't let people suffer anymore and needs to step up and be Superman.
yeah, from the CC stuff it looks like a flashback from earlier in his life.....like this movie will start with him doing a Sumer in Alaska on a fishing boat for some cash, then moving to the big city.

Which I think is a nice idea.

Oh well don't i feel like a dummy. Thanks though
It's general zod in big and bulky armor.it's gonna get destroyed when he fight superman and come off.he got that black suit that look like superman suit under his armor suit.

I have to admit...I've tried and I've tried to denounce most of what has transpired in the development of this film, from the cast to the director to the plot. Perhaps I've seen my pride take a hit because the actor I wanted for Superman didn't get his second chance. Perhaps I've been a bit too critical about the plotline and have been dismissing it as yet another version of Superman II.

I thought the trailer was a bit underwhelming, a bit "Deadliest Catch"-meets-Batman Begins (as others have described it). But upon viewing this latest footage, I thought to myself, "You know, this just might work out."

Superman: The Movie and Superman Returns will hold spots in my heart for a long time. STM made me believe a man could fly; Returns gave me belief that hope is never lost, no matter how long you're gone or how the world has changed. But I hope to be in line on June 14 to see this next chapter because - heck - I'm a Superman fan.

CC footage blows SR out of the water already in every aspect, imo, but I`m glad you feel like this.

I have to admit...I've tried and I've tried to denounce most of what has transpired in the development of this film, from the cast to the director to the plot. Perhaps I've seen my pride take a hit because the actor I wanted for Superman didn't get his second chance. Perhaps I've been a bit too critical about the plotline and have been dismissing it as yet another version of Superman II.

I thought the trailer was a bit underwhelming, a bit "Deadliest Catch"-meets-Batman Begins (as others have described it). But upon viewing this latest footage, I thought to myself, "You know, this just might work out."

Superman: The Movie and Superman Returns will hold spots in my heart for a long time. STM made me believe a man could fly; Returns gave me belief that hope is never lost, no matter how long you're gone or how the world has changed. But I hope to be in line on June 14 to see this next chapter because - heck - I'm a Superman fan.
this movie don't look nothing like superman 2..just beacuse they useing zod again don't mean nothing.this is a diff version of zod.superman and zod will be done justice in mos.

whats up with the scene of the military surrounding supes and louis in the desert?

whats up with the scene of the military surrounding supes and louis in the desert?

I love this...there's always one goofy peanut in the bag!

I never understand where this comes from...!

:word:

I have yet to see this shot. I thought it was from two different scenes, though I could certaintly be mistaken. I'll give it another look.

Or 20

awhile back they say that was a scene where they,the military,superman and lois was waiting on faora another female Kryptonian meet up with them.

Damnit, I missed the better quality footage leak, didn't I?

Not hard to find... that's all I can say... or anyone else.

Don't request it via PM either.

So after looking at stuff in the teaser and CC...tell me if this sounds just too weird....

Clark Kent.....kinda' lives on the run. His feats as a child attracted suspicion and fear. etc.....and the family felt it had to hide it..like sometime around high school. He then skipped town and moves far away to Alaska, working on an fishing boat to make cash (maybe saving for college). There are things that remind him of the days on the farm...laundry hanging near the house he's living at....laundry back at the farm when he was a kid, putting on a towel as a cape. A schoolbus reminds him of that fateful day in Smallville when the tornado almost killed all those kids in the bus, until he saved him but had to get out of town shortly afterwards. Then there's a huge disaster in Alaska in which he saves people with his powers....but has to get out of there now, shaving and trying to hitch a ride. And then that's when he eventually finds out the real truth about his origins and becomes Superman.

Seems like a possibility, at least some of those elements and the idea of finally not feeling he has to hide his abilities.

Last edited:
So after looking at stuff in the teaser and CC...tell me if this sounds just too weird....

Clark Kent.....kinda' lives on the run. His feats as a child attracted suspicion and fear. etc.....and the family felt it had to hide it..like sometime around high school. He the skipped town and moves far away to Alaska, working on an fishing boat to make cash. There are hangs that remind him of the days on the farm...laundry hanging near the house he's living at....laundry back at the farm when he was a kid, putting on a towel as a cape. A schoolbus reminds him of that fateful day in Smallville when the hurricane almost killed all those kids in the bus, until he saved him but had to get out of town shortly afterwards. Then there's a huge disaster in Alaska in which he saves people with his powers....but has to get out of there now. And then that's when he eventually finds out the real truth about his origins and becomes Superman.

Seems like a possibility, at least some of those elements and the idea of finally not feeling he has to hide his abilities.

pretty sure hurricane is from older 18-21 era clark was'nt the scene with him holding the child from the hurricane?

bus scene is from him as a young 12-14 year old

That's what I meant, yeah.

pretty sure hurricane is from older 18-21 era clark was'nt the scene with him holding the child from the hurricane?

bus scene is from him as a young 12-14 year old

Yeah he looked as bit young in that, more junior high.

But I have a feeling that hiding from suspicion following a disastrous event will be an element in this.

Last edited:
Footage looks tremendous. Score is bone chilling. And Henry looks like Superman. The table is set.

The bus and Tornado scene are different times in his life. The bus scene happens when he is in highschool.

The Tornado happens when he is enrolled at Kansas University and he is played by Cavill.
His father dies because of it
This what makes him leave Smallville and go to Alaska, as far away as possible from the people he loves. Then in Alaska, when the Oil Rig thing happens, he then decides people can't suffer anymore and his powers need to be used for good so he becomes Superman.

That's how I think it is going to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back