Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 3

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Aug 25, 2012.

1. WoodyROM

WoodyROM Well-Known Member

Exactly. Not to mention the time allotted for post, I'm certain no stone will be left unturned.

2. echostation

echostation Well-Known Member

I'm starting to distrust my source more and more. He isn't even high level anyways and has been frequently wrong (making a big deal of Roland Emmerich being considered on the remake back in 2009 when his name has been thrown around by a only a few execs overall, using the Incredible Hulk remake to see how a remake would fair as the main strategy, again only suggested by some lousy WB execs). He pretty much hears about random ideas and scraps but too often to me makes a big deal out of it but take this latest one for what its worth which might sound big but really I doubt much of it is true at all:

In line with what I've heard that Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand...

3. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

Mmm, if true, add in Faora's costume and this extreme beatdown. I say BDSM Superman fans will be very happy. :o

4. tomoe

tomoe Well-Known Member

Not sure if I like the idea of Superman getting his @$$ kicked so severely by a girl....

5. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

As long as it's a "girl" with the same superpowers as him and superior fight training, I don't see the problem.

6. Rust

Rust First Son Of Yesterday

Right. I'm sure the final product will look different. More finished. Probably just a polished test-shot of some sorts.

And yes, hostility is futile. Just dont step on my toes (needlessly). :up:

7. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Well I hope that's not true, I don't mind Superman getting an ass kicking but if he can barely put up a fight then I'll be disapointed I don't wanna watch Superman gets his ass kicked for two hours.

8. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

:woot: Hell yeah! :p

It's just one fight scene, not the whole movie :funny:

I think this sounds pretty logical actually. In alot of films there is usually the first fight which doesn't go so well for the hero... they then recover, come up with a plan of how to defeat them, and go back for a second round with goes a lot better.

As for the army being able to hurt him... well I think that impression was coming across pretty strongly anyway. I mean, the army do seem to be playing a major role in this film, and it'd be pretty pointless having them attacking him all through the film and him just standing there.

Personally, I don't mind what Supes power level is. It doesn't bother me much either way, because his story has always been beyond his powers to me. The reason he's the best isn't because he's the strongest.

I'm assuming kryptonite has nothing to do with this beating either, as Faora is krytonian too, so that should make a few people happy who were frustrated with it being the only way to show him in any real sort of danger. At least people at the same power level can actually harm each other!

But will it really be bloody? I mean, how bloody can it be? Kids are gonna wanna see this after all :(

Maybe his mistake is holding back BECAUSE it's a girl.

9. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Oh well if its one fight scene fair enough but tbh I don't think its true. If Zod is the big baddie then he will need showcasing as the most powerful obstacle in Superman's path not his right hand woman.

10. GreenKToo

GreenKToo In the fire

I wouldn't mind if the military's bigger weapons could stagger/sting supes, ie, tanks, missiles, etc, but not smaller weapons.
    Also, I get the feeling that this superman *may* be a bit weaker than what we are used to.

I wouldnt mind seeing his strength limit be around lifting the weight of an aircraft carrier. I just hope they don't weaken him down so much that he is no longer superman, all just to make him more relatable.
    I want to see SUPERman, not relatableman.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  11. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Well Zod is the big baddie in the sense that he is in charge, he's the leader.

I don't mind if Faora catches Superman off guard before he really knows the extent of her power and gives him a good wooping.

12. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Well with Faora being such as a ass kicker...it's no wonder why the guy with a Kneeling Fetish married her...lol

13. ThePowerCosmic

What other things has your source told you about MoS?

14. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Even with nothing concrete to go on, I can see this 'Superman gets pulverised in combat' talk happening and being a way of showing the audience he's not always invincible, and would go a way in humanising him.

Neither do I. Go get him, girl! :D

15. LibidoLoca

I guess you can call it 50 Shades of Truth, Justice and the American Way. :awesome:

16. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Actually, Superman barely scraping by sounds about right. This is a rookie superhero, and he's facing hardened Kryptonian warriors. The comics have featured this type of thing. JJ Abrams nailed that element in his SUPERMAN script, and it looks to have carried over here.

17. Krumm

Krumm Beer Snob

I can't help but read this and think, "Well, of course that would happen."

18. WoodyROM

WoodyROM Well-Known Member

I hear ya, my hostility comment was actually directed towards coca cola.

19. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

That would work for me

20. nocomics

nocomics Well-Known Member

This. Faora/Zod have trained fighting skills so it makes sence they would put a whooping on Superman at first. Faora is trained in some krypton martial arts so shes supposedly a pretty badass fighter.
    Far as the military knocking Superman around a little bit, I don't have a real problem with this, I understand them trying to keep Superman a more realistic type of movie(long as they don't severely under power him.).

21. ThePowerCosmic

I just hope that Faora doesn't give Superman a worse beating than Zod.

22. LibidoLoca

She should dammit! :argh: Feministas Unite!!!!! :ww:

23. ThePowerCosmic

I have no problem with a woman giving Superman a beating.:funny: It's just that Zod is the main bad guy of the movie, I'd rather see him do that.

24. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

I just watched that trailer and all I can say is wow. I really hope they keep Journey To The Center in some way shape or form as the Superman theme. It really fit well. I have been as critical as anyone of Cavill as being cast as Superman but after that trailer I can rest easy. This movie looks fantastic. FANTASTIC! I'm sorry Henry for bashing you for months now. I'm sorry Nolan for thinking just because you ruined Batman you would do the same for Superman. That trailer gets a 9/10. Nothing gets a 10/10 because nothing is perfect. But the cast looked brilliant. See Crowe who I hate but love as Jor-El was brilliant. I can't wait. I said I wouldn't watch any trailers but I had to check it out. I also liked how they didn't show too much. Hopefully they keep it that way. Great trailer. Looked like it can overtake Batman Begins as the better movie.

25. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

Last Son, you may loath Nolan's take on Batman but don't state fictitious statements. Nolan is the reason why Batman is the only title/character to have back-to-back billion dollar installments, and the reason why Batman is a 'hot' superhero property again.