Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Adrenaline junkies... Or motorheads. The adrenaline junkies will do well with MOS I think.

It's not even about the cars and racing anymore. :funny: Vin Diesel and Paul Walker have tried their damnest to expand the franchise outside speed and hot girls in skimpy outfits. The first film was a cult classic but it's been going downhill since. The acting is horrible and the plots are laughably bad. Fast 6 has taken the franchise to a whole new level of stupid tough.

You want my honest opinion? The Fast and Furious franchise is to males to what the Twilight franchise is to females. Only, the Fast and Furious franchise is homoerotic.

On that note, Trailer 3 was played at my IM3 showing, and it got a fairly good reaction. Superman punching Zod got someone to yell out "**** Yeah!!!!".

Went to a LIEMAX showing and got trailer #2. Was looking forward to seeing the new trailer on the big screen since I didn't get it with Oblivion either. Another FAIL. Not much reaction to it. No distinguishable reactions to any of the trailers though.

It's not even about the cars and racing anymore. :funny: Vin Diesel and Paul Walker have tried their damnest to expand the franchise outside speed and hot girls in skimpy outfits. The first film was a cult classic but it's been going downhill since. The acting is horrible and the plots are laughably bad. Fast 6 has taken the franchise to a whole new level of stupid tough.

You want my honest opinion? The Fast and Furious franchise is to males to what the Twilight franchise is to females. Only, the Fast and Furious franchise is homoerotic.

On that note, Trailer 3 was played at my IM3 showing, and it got a fairly good reaction. Superman punching Zod got someone to yell out "**** Yeah!!!!".
I can't see F&F without thinking of the American Dad episode where Steve and his friends find a script for a sequel that included graphic scenes of gay sex. Later it turns out that all the F&F film scripts contained the very same thing and it is simply edited out. The producer they talk to tells them this is how they get the chemistry between Diesel and Walker. :funny:

FINALLY saw the trailer with Iron Man 3, and i cried when it started to air... not really a reaction during it, but after the movie, people were saying "i cant wait for Superman"

No reaction even from me. But I'm in Italy (Irom Man 3 was released on the 24th of April) and the theatre, very big, was almost empty. So it is normal. I know that last week was quite impossible to take a thicket. So I think that IM3 risks to be one of the most frontloaded superhero movies recently released.

No reaction even from me. But I'm in Italy (Irom Man 3 was released on the 24th of April) and the theatre, very big, was almost empty. So it is normal. I know that last week was quite impossible to take a thicket. So I think that IM3 risks to be one of the most frontloaded superhero movies recently released.
I'm italian too! And I don't know why I'm writing you in english :huh:
Did they attached the third trailer to IM3? In my theatre they showed just the Thor's teaser..lame..:dry:

I didn't see the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th film, but I liked Fast Five. I thought it was going to be stupid too but it ended up being solid with a nice brawl between Vin Diesel. Fast Six is capitalizing on the momentum the last one started. The storyline is a stretch but it's acting as a base for an action film.

Anyways, the trailer wasn't with my viewing of Iron Man 3. It almost felt like it was showing everything BUT the Man of Steel.

I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday. They played the MOS Trailer 3. I wasn't sure they would play it since its a Marvel movie and they were playing a bunch of Mavel trailers.

Lets just say people weren't quiet and I can hear a lot of whispers, but when the mos trailer hit, people went silent.

FINALLY saw the trailer with Iron Man 3, and i cried when it started to air... not really a reaction during it, but after the movie, people were saying "i cant wait for Superman"
That's really cool.
A latent reaction .
Very Nice.

I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday. They played the MOS Trailer 3. I wasn't sure they would play it since its a Marvel movie and they were playing a bunch of Mavel trailers.

Lets just say people weren't quiet and I can hear a lot of whispers, but when the mos trailer hit, people went silent.

I take it that's a good thing? :huh:

Wait until they get a load of me......

Nonetheless, it's good when a theater is silent. That means their captivated in total focus of what's in front of them and interested in the overall layout of what to expect. Concentration is key.

I may not blink for days after watching MOS. I don't want to miss a damn thing nor would want it to end.

I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday and who decides what particular trailers get attached to whatever movie I simply have no idea. MOS was not attached to my screening of IM3 and to say that I was mortified would be an understatement!. They showed Wolverine, WhiteHouse Down, Thor: TDW, F & F 6 and perhaps one other movie that I don't recall and "NO MOS":csad: How with six weeks to go is Trailer # 3 not showing with virtually every popcorn summer flick out there??

IM3 will possibly be the biggest movie of the year and that is the perfect audience for MOS. I am perplexed. Even the posters, while nice, don't convey how different this take on Superman will be from SR. If they think just a shot of Superman in various poses will get butts in seats the suits at WB are seriously delusional. The GA needs to see trailer 3 in spades for this movie to do mega B.O. so WTF is WB up to??? Like Henry, I have so many questions. Perhaps after STID they go on a full court press with trailer 3, but right now it seems (imo) like the marketing/publicity guys are doing a crappy job. This movie looks to have the potential to open HUGE, but only if the average Joe or Jane knows about it.

BTW IM3 while fun (and I'm a huge fan of IM) is not the greatest film ever, so MOS if it has heart, amazing action and characters we truly care about could have way better legs than Marvel's latest offering.

Last edited:
^i dont know i did'nt get mos 2nd trailer with hobbit or trailer 3 with oblivion

I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday and who decides what particular trailers get attached to whatever movie I simply have no idea. MOS was not attached to my screening of IM3 and to say that I was mortified would be an understatement!. They showed Wolverine, WhiteHouse Down, Thor: TDW, F & F 6 and perhaps one other movie that I don't recall and "NO MOS":csad: How with six weeks to go is Trailer # 3 not showing with virtually every popcorn summer flick out there??

IM3 will possibly be the biggest movie of the year and that is the perfect audience for MOS. I am perplexed. Even the posters, while nice, don't convey how different this take on Superman will be from SR. If they think just a shot of Superman in various poses will get butts in seats the suits at WB are seriously delusional. The GA needs to see trailer 3 in spades for this movie to do mega B.O. so WTF is WB up to??? Like Henry, I have so many questions. Perhaps after STID they go on a full court press with trailer 3, but right now it seems (imo) like the marketing/publicity guys are doing a crappy job. This movie looks to have the potential to open HUGE, but only if the average Joe or Jane knows about it.

BTW IM3 while fun (and I'm a huge fan of IM) is not the greatest film ever, so MOS if it has heart, amazing action and characters we truly care about could have way better legs than Marvel's latest offering.

Oh not this again. :facepalm:

I can't see F&F without thinking of the American Dad episode where Steve and his friends find a script for a sequel that included graphic scenes of gay sex. Later it turns out that all the F&F film scripts contained the very same thing and it is simply edited out. The producer they talk to tells them this is how they get the chemistry between Diesel and Walker. :funny:

:lmao:

That episode rocked! It doesn't help the fact that there are gay rumors about Vin Diesel. His excuse for only dating European chicks is... well...

I love the first film but they've jumped and killed the shark with a lightsaber now.

I didn't see the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th film, but I liked Fast Five. I thought it was going to be stupid too but it ended up being solid with a nice brawl between Vin Diesel. Fast Six is capitalizing on the momentum the last one started. The storyline is a stretch but it's acting as a base for an action film.

Anyways, the trailer wasn't with my viewing of Iron Man 3. It almost felt like it was showing everything BUT the Man of Steel.

Fast Four and Fast Five were passable installments (compared to the previous two) but they should have ended the franchise on a good note. By now, the franchise has infused elements from other action franchises and it doesn't make sense. Fast Six, for example, feels like a Transporter/Bourne Identity/Ocean's 11 hybrid. To me, it's only a matter of time before they employ Sci-Fi elements.

Facepalm all you want, it's a legitimate concern/observation and you haven't heard it from me before.

No, it's not. WB doesn't pick which theater plays the trailer in front of Iron Man 3. That's beyond asinine. If the trailer wasn't played at your showing, then the theater didn't select it to play in front of the film. It's truly that simple. In fact, the trailer might be placed in front of IM3 at your theater tonight.

OR, your theater just doesn't have the trailer.

This isn't incompetency on WB's marketing, so please, grow up.

Silence during the trailer is the best possible reaction.

No, it's not. WB doesn't pick which theater plays the trailer in front of Iron Man 3. That's beyond asinine. If the trailer wasn't played at your showing, then the theater didn't select it to play in front of the film. It's truly that simple. In fact, the trailer might be placed in front of IM3 at your theater tonight.

OR, your theater just doesn't have the trailer.

This isn't incompetency on WB's marketing, so please, grow up.

Ok Daddy. Should I go to my room now. btw, read my post again where I stated that I didn't know how such decisions are made. Now you have enlightened me. Tell you what. I'll grow up, if you don't over react next time.

Ok Daddy. Should I go to my room now. btw, read my post again where I stated that I didn't know how such decisions are made. Now you have enlightened me. Tell you what. I'll grow up, if you don't over react next time.

If you don't know how decisions are made, then why bother going around playing the blame game? If you weren't overreacting, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"