• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Mass Effect 3 - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was boring. In an MMO or a RTS I don't mind because it melds in well with the game. Here (in Mass Effect 2) it felt like an alien element to the rest of it. Kinda like someone slapped an Iphone bonus game onto it. In fact I think if they done it seperate as a little bonus thing to do on your phone (add some 2d pew! pew! R-type action) , it probably would have been more suitable.

I just realized the Cannibals from the demo are huskified Batarians.

Yeah, I think the Reapers have already carved a path through the Batarians on their way to Earth which makes sense considering where Arrival took place.

Does anyone care about Batarians? Cause I sure as hell don't :p.

I find them annoying, just a bunch of fake tough guy aliens. They're like the greasers from the 50s, only nowhere near as cool.

I don't "like" them but I think they're interesting and they do a good job of being a baddie. We have to remember we haven't even really seen regular Batarians. Their govt is extremely oppressive and most Batarians outside of their own space, specifically those that Shepard runs into, are slavers and pirates. I'd like to spend time with everyday Batarians and see what they're like.

Didn't the briefing room double as the war room?
Not really. breafing was for talks yes, but they didn't out line plans ( ingress and egress for storming a building and how to go about the missions and where to take certain tactical positions , cause you know the lay out ) As you will see being done in that new Rain bow 6 game and what's been shown in spy shows with tactical raids and to a degree what's been shown in X-Men.

As for a War room where they' do all this type of planning, I have a feeling it won't be on the ship at all. But on a certain station, or some kind asteroid which will double as a base for your co-op Mp guys in the game which your Shepard will give orders or you'll just run back and forth to, after missions and to set up your next one.

But it's not gonna be your Normandy.

There was this talk I(my Shepard ) had with Garrus where he told me about his peoples race and he stated they had some thing like a Holo deck/ danger Room for training on their ships. I don't know how likely it'll be for this to happen. But if that shows up on the new Normandy that'll be cool.

May be it'll be stored in lowest level of the normandy where vehicle storage area is just entering it with in the Normandy.

Last edited:
The only Batarian I met that was reasonable was the sick one near Mordin's clinic in ME2. After helping him of course.

Garrus also mentions he had a Batarian on his vigilante squad.

Garrus also mentions he had a Batarian on his vigilante squad.
yeah that's true. Man the job market for them must really suck. If the only job they can all find to leave their main planet is to be a merc.

Going through my second playthrough and seeing Kasumi again reminds me of how much I liked her for no real reason in particular.

Going through my second playthrough and seeing Kasumi again reminds me of how much I liked her for no real reason in particular.

Her loyalty mission was cool, I enjoy her character.

She was stupid for wearing her heist gear to a formal party. Some thief.

I wouldn't have guessed that her normal clothing was the typical attire of a thief extraordinaire. Everyone in the ME universe dresses sort of weird to me.

I wouldn't have guessed that her normal clothing was the typical attire of a thief extraordinaire. Everyone in the ME universe dresses sort of weird to me.

Compared to what Shepard, and everyone else was wearing, it looks very suspicious. But I guess they just didn't want to show her face in full.

She was invisible most of the time & no one else saw her except the guy she was after. So I think that can get a pass

Yeah, I was about to say, I thought she was cloaked most of the time. But I haven't replayed Kasumi's loyalty mission yet, so I wasn't sure.

Her loyalty mission was cool, I enjoy her character.

Compared to what Shepard, and everyone else was wearing, it looks very suspicious. But I guess they just didn't want to show her face in full.
you saying this just reminded me about Alpha Protocol where I had Micheal Thortan meeting with the Korean (or was he a Chinese) secret police man in their towns sub way and he reminded me that wearing my stealth armor in a public meet was bad spy craft . The only mistake i made in that game. Though it would pass for biker gear wear .

Man I wish that game had turned out better. so much potential wasted.

Last edited:
So I heard that the Space Edition of ME3 has a Non Disclosure Agreement thing. That blows, I was hoping to watch someone's playthrough to help pass the time.

I still think Bioware should buy it off and work on the sequel, but that's just me I just hate to see things with potential go to waste. But oh well.

So I heard that the Space Edition of ME3 has a Non Disclosure Agreement thing. That blows, I was hoping to watch someone's playthrough to help pass the time.
"The time" is down to just over a week now. You'll get by. ;)

Eh, replaying ME 2 is helping me a lot. My weekend's been kind of a blur of Paragon-tinted awesome so far. :)

I'd been thinking about this since I read it and trying to come up with a reason why I liked Kasumi. Figured it out talking to her in my current playthrough just now: She's a people person. Not only is she pretty observant about people and incisive about their desires and stuff (like calling Kenneth and Gabby on making a good couple, even though they'd never see it for themselves), but she takes notice of literally everyone. I like that she comments on regular crew as often as the other squad members. Pretty much everyone else treats the crew as just nameless drones going about their work and ignores them altogether, but Kasumi notices the little things about them. Plus, she's the classic "thief with a heart of gold" archetype, which is usually pretty cool (see Robin Hood, White Collar, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"