Dark of the Moon Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
An academy award winning one at that, just like toy story.:whatever:

Yes because these new films are about two undersea creatures that show up to play a game of texas hold em poker:word:

Give me a break, these films with the addition of humor have everything the old ones did and more. Such as the human experience.

Even Toy story("the great" best picture nominee for kids") has characters as silly as the twins as well as the constant human presence..both things tf fanboys rally against at every turn.

yea there you go again..just address me not anyone esle...i said nothing about toy stories, and there you go labeling "fans boys" well sense that's your cup of tea..you Bay fans are just too up tight to ones opinion that differs from yours...such is the world..u can't change it..

and yea i'm just not into your type of sacrasm :-)whatever::word:) , sorry....

also there's a difference in being silly with taste, and being silly with no taste.."the twins" for this subject was done without taste, they may not have been racist but their creation, their attempt at humor was not well received point blank....it is what it is.

As I much as I do enjoy some of Bay's work, sometimes I feel like he doesn't really respect the Transformers audience as much as he should. And while I do want directors to go ahead with their vision and own interpretation, I just think that Transformers thus far has been mixed at best.

Even though it supposed to be fun, it's hitting the mark for me.

As I much as I do enjoy some of Bay's work, sometimes I feel like he doesn't really respect the Transformers audience as much as he should. And while I do want directors to go ahead with their vision and own interpretation, I just think that Transformers thus far has been mixed at best.

Even though it supposed to be fun, it's hitting the mark for me.

I think Bay's done a terrific job overall, it just confuses me to no end whay Hasbro and Paramount would go one direction with Transformers and do a polar opposite with G.I. Joe when they could have two hugely successful film franchises and instead they have one.

Crud, wrong thread. I meant to say he raped my childhood because I'm an easily swayed weak minded individual.

I think Bay's done a terrific job overall, it just confuses me to no end whay Hasbro and Paramount would go one direction with Transformers and do a polar opposite with G.I. Joe when they could have two hugely successful film franchises and instead they have one.

Crud, wrong thread. I meant to say he raped my childhood because I'm an easily swayed weak minded individual.

they tried to go the same way with both films, one just had more (visually) impactful direction.

switch direction and everything probably changes...moreover, Ripcord not being able to read the instruction manual becomes known as an offensive racial stereo typical joke.

yea there you go again..just address me not anyone esle...i said nothing about toy stories, and there you go labeling "fans boys" well sense that's your cup of tea..you Bay fans are just too up tight to ones opinion that differs from yours...such is the world..u can't change it..

and yea i'm just not into your type of sacrasm :-)whatever::word:) , sorry....

also there's a difference in being silly with taste, and being silly with no taste.."the twins" for this subject was done without taste, they may not have been racist but their creation, their attempt at humor was not well received point blank....it is what it is.

alright, from now on I will try to address the points you bring up.:yay:

bay fans, the few ones that actually say something on the internet at risk of being flammed by raging ain't it cool like talkbackers, are hardly up tight. You people...oh wait..I mean to say..it's the haters that are "offended." Fans of the series or bays work are just here to have a good time.:yay:

silly with taste and silly without taste has nothing to do with how well the film was received.
Last time I checked the Hangover is a "tasteless" film and it's very well received by critics and audiences everywhere.

There is nothing wrong with the twins outside of the fact that they fall flat in this type of film.. the movie Cars has a hill billy car equivalent to the humor of the mentally challenged twins and it's silly, but because the twins are perceived as black it's racist. Like many things when it comes to bay, there is a double standard.

If Michael Bay directed Medea's family vacation next, I wonder how many heads would explode due to the "racist jokes" and stereo types present throughout those kinda films.

To be fair I think if this series was directed by anyone but Bay(maybe M Night) with no changes it wouldnt get nearly the amount of flack it does.

Last edited:
From the latest Empire magazine:

Does and Don'ts for TF3:

1. No sand
2. No "dorky" humor ("we wanted to make the movie much more serious, more adult)
3. When robots die, they're really going to die and we're gonna show that
4. We're not bringing people back
5. Give the robots more 'weight' in the story ("They were missed in movie two. We've given them a strong back-story and pathos")

Sentinel Prime is "A big brother and mentor to Optimus Prime"

The Ferrari is a 'Con who (Michael) bay is dubbing as 'Dreadbox'

New companions for Starscream, Shockwave and the rest

"The scale on one of them is jawdropping" - "It will be 'what the Hell was that thing?"

Apollo 11 'incident' show in the teaser is government secret

No army for this, Chicago is left up to the 'Bots but some heroes sneak in through the back-door so to speak

The human gliders are used because they slip under the 'Con radar - as do humans - so they'll be the people who can hammer it to the 'Cons and create an opening for the 'Bots

From the latest Empire magazine:

Does and Don'ts for TF3:

1. No sand
2. No "dorky" humor ("we wanted to make the movie much more serious, more adult)
3. When robots die, they're really going to die and we're gonna show that
4. We're not bringing people back
5. Give the robots more 'weight' in the story ("They were missed in movie two. We've given them a strong back-story and pathos")

Sentinel Prime is "A big brother and mentor to Optimus Prime"

The Ferrari is a 'Con who (Michael) bay is dubbing as 'Dreadbox'

New companions for Starscream, Shockwave and the rest

"The scale on one of them is jawdropping" - "It will be 'what the Hell was that thing?"

Apollo 11 'incident' show in the teaser is government secret

No army for this, Chicago is left up to the 'Bots but some heroes sneak in through the back-door so to speak

The human gliders are used because they slip under the 'Con radar - as do humans - so they'll be the people who can hammer it to the 'Cons and create an opening for the 'Bots

Technically speaking, these are the supposed problems of the previous flim(s)
this article alone should have haters wiping the foam away from their mouths.

but talk is cheap, we'll have to wait till another impressive trailer that we can all ignore before seeing the movie then maybe we'll all be convinced that the film is infact better than the last.

Didn't Lucas get a lot of flack for Jar-Jar being perceived as racist stereotype/awful character.

I'm (very) slowly getting more excited for the movie thanks to the recent info. Sentinel Prime looks awesome. Very disappointed that the Ferrari is a Decepticon. The likelihood of his robot mode looking like ass has just increased by 80%.

Didn't Lucas get a lot of flack for Jar-Jar being perceived as racist stereotype/awful character.

I'm (very) slowly getting more excited for the movie thanks to the recent info. Sentinel Prime looks awesome. Very disappointed that the Ferrari is a Decepticon. The likelihood of his robot mode looking like ass has just increased by 80%.

and the Trade Federation aliens.....as a black male I wasnt offended by Jar Jar nor the Twins.....if I was gonna be offended by a robot acting "black" I would have hated Jazz in the first movie...Jazz and Blaster(the boombox) in the tv series

There are stereotypes with redeeming qualities and outright ugly stereotypes.

Jar Jar and the twins were the latter Blaster and Jazz from the tv show were the former.

There are stereotypes with redeeming qualities and outright ugly stereotypes.

Jar Jar and the twins were the latter Blaster and Jazz from the tv show were the former.

there is no such thing as a stereotype with redeeming qualities

Of course there are. Just because something is a generalization doesn't mean it has to be negative. Most stereotypes are negative but there are some positive ones. Black guys are supposed to be cooler/smoother than white guys (Blaster and Jazz), Asians are good students, black guys ae well endowed, whites have good credit, etc.

Ask three different black people if they found the Twins racist and you'll get three different answers. It's one of those arguments that never really goes anywhere.

I hated movie Jazz because he was nowhere near as cool as G1 Jazz. Plus it was clear he was just there to die. Decent alt-mode though.

Thats not true.

"stereotype" is often confused with "prejudice" but the true is they really arent synonymous.

In short, a stereotype is a popular, but not always accurate "belief" about specific social groups or types of people.

This could be anything from saying polish people are stupid and pig headed, not a redeeming quality, to saying Jews are good with accounting and money matters, which is a redeeming quality.

all chinese people know kung fu
hey that must be a statement about Asians!

We don't really do much reading..too busy having fun/or kicking butt or something...
hey that must be a statement about black people.

yes not all stereo types are bad but it takes a certain education to even see them.

I had no Idea I was supposed to love watermelon so much until I heard all the black jokes telling me I did.

Thats not true.

"stereotype" is often confused with "prejudice" but the true is they really arent synonymous.

In short, a stereotype is a popular, but not always accurate "belief" about specific social groups or types of people.

This could be anything from saying polish people are stupid and pig headed, not a redeeming quality, to saying Jews are good with accounting and money matters, which is a redeeming quality.

I have a jewish friend who would beg to differ...

With what??

That the stereotype in question exists??

or that being good with money matters is a redeeming quality?

that being stereotyped as being good with money just because he is jewish

honestly we have spent way more time on this than need be in this thread. if you cant see that stereotypes have no redeeming qualities.
It may seem kool to you that as a black man I am expected to be good at sports...yet the flipside is i am tired of it and the funny looks I get when I walk into a comicbook shop

that being stereotyped as being good with money just because he is jewish

So your telling me he would disagree that many people think Jews are good with money?

He's going to fail.
honestly we have spent way more time on this than need be in this thread. if you cant see that stereotypes have no redeeming qualities.

Again, do you think its a good quality to be good with money?

Is it a good quality to be considered good at sports??

Wether or not the stereotypes are are true assements isint the point.

Those quantities are favorable.

I had no Idea I was supposed to love watermelon so much until I heard all the black jokes telling me I did.

I didn't know I was supposed to like rap and, by extension, rappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"