Transformers Negatron: Discussion Thread for those that hate the way this movie is heading

Better examples are Spider-man, X-Men, Batman89 because these had huge established fanbases.
Spider-Man, X-Men and Batman89 did not stray significantly far from the original story...not like Blade. Blade wasn't even a half-vampire "day walker", he was a mutant with heightened sense and Deacon Frost was in no way a young turned night club owner...the amount it strays from the comic leaves it almost unrecognizable.

But like everyone has mentioned ShadowBoxing, nobody really knew who Blade was until the movies came out. Snipes and co. put Blade on the map, and made him a house hold name. This aspect of the character gave the filmmakers of 'Blade' plenty of leeway to screw around with the Blade character. Hell' even Whistler was a creation of David Goyer's vivid imagination; Blade didn't have an elderly crippled mentor in the comics to my knowldege; but you know what? It worked.

You can't do that with Transformers. They are too well known. Universally known. It's like if Raimi had changed Spiderman's costume to pink and yellow. Or if Ang Lee had change the Hulk's color to blue. ****, you see what happened when Raimi gave Peter Parker organic web shooters, as opposed to mechanical ones. The fanbase ripped him a knew one. But this was only a minor change, that didn't change the general 'look' of Spider- man himself.

Bay and Speilburg have completely crapped on every G1 TF fan out there, and are constantly rubbing our noses in it.

Yes, i mention Speilburg, He should know better. Everyone keeps blaming Bay, but i hear not one word of hatred towards the 'Exective Producer' of this film, who with his stature in Hollywood has had to greenlight every design for this production. I blame Speilburg more that Bay. He's the one who's being saying from day 1, that he's always been a G1 TF fan since he saw the cartoon in the 80's. He's a bigger hypocrite than Bay in my book.:cmad:

But like everyone has mentioned ShadowBoxing, nobody really knew who Blade was until the movies came out. Snipes and co. put Blade on the map, and made him a house hold name. This aspect of the character gave the filmmakers of 'Blade' plenty of leeway to screw around with the Blade character. Hell' even Whistler was a creation of David Goyer's vivid imagination; Blade didn't have an elderly crippled mentor in the comics to my knowldege; but you know what? It worked.

I might be in the minority, but I think Blade sucked. Sooo much potential... so much not done with it. The first half hour or so was good and then it devolved into (totally not-scary) craptasticness. I mean, it wasn't horrible.... but it definately wasn't as good as it could have been.

I get the sense that Ghost Rider will be the same thing. Definately not the same Ghost Rider I grew up with.

You can't do that with Transformers. They are too well known. Universally known. It's like if Raimi had changed Spiderman's costume to pink and yellow. Or if Ang Lee had change the Hulk's color to blue. ****, you see what happened when Raimi gave Peter Parker organic web shooters, as opposed to mechanical ones. The fanbase ripped him a knew one. But this was only a minor change, that didn't change the general 'look' of Spider- man himself.

Agreed. In fact, I think the organic webshooters were an improvement given what we know about genetics today. It totally made sense in the movie. Metal balls falling from the sky in Transformers? Not so much. In fact the whole original story of Transformers is more relevant TODAY than in 1984 and Michael Bay has completely IGNORED it (because he's a neo-con republican AFAIK).

Bay and Speilburg have completely crapped on every G1 TF fan out there, and are constantly rubbing our noses in it.

Yes, i mention Speilburg, He should know better. Everyone keeps blaming Bay, but i hear not one word of hatred towards the 'Exective Producer' of this film, who with his stature in Hollywood has had to greenlight every design for this production. I blame Speilburg more that Bay. He's the one who's being saying from day 1, that he's always been a G1 TF fan since he saw the cartoon in the 80's. He's a bigger hypocrite than Bay in my book.:cmad:

I dunno about that. I love Spielberg. I'm still expecting him to save this movie.

God can you imagine if Bay and co had done Spider-man. Peter would have sprouted four additional arms, compound eyes, fangs, and shot webbing out of his butt are in the name of realism. I have no problem with change that's why I was okay with the organic web shooters, the important thing was that he shot webs out of his wrist.

I might be in the minority, but I think Blade sucked. Sooo much potential... so much not done with it. The first half hour or so was good and then it devolved into (totally not-scary) craptasticness. I mean, it wasn't horrible.... but it definately wasn't as good as it could have been.

Were you a Blade fan prior to the movie? And are you basing your opinion on Blade 3? Blade:Trinity IS NOT part of the Blade trilogy in my opinion - that sucked. Blade 1 and 2 rocked.

I dunno about that. I love Spielberg. I'm still expecting him to save this movie.

I think your expecting a miracle my friend. I think he has his head so far up in the Indiana Jones 4 project that he couldn't care less what happens with TFs at this point. It's in post-production. The only thing that can save the movie from the script that we've read is creative editing.

God can you imagine if Bay and co had done Spider-man. Peter would have sprouted four additional arms, compound eyes, fangs, and shot webbing out of his butt are in the name of realism. I have no problem with change that's why I was okay with the organic web shooters, the important thing was that he shot webs out of his wrist.

I think you're 100% right. He'd also give him a cape... (you know, because he's a superhero and all). Michael Bay is a clueless sack of s*t.

Were you a Blade fan prior to the movie? And are you basing your opinion on Blade 3? Blade:Trinity IS NOT part of the Blade trilogy in my opinion - that sucked. Blade 1 and 2 rocked.

Yes, fan of horror comics in general. My faves are the more gothic Batman comics. I didn't "hate" the Blade movies.... but I would never say they rocked. In fact the fake CGI in Blade 2 made me laugh (I'm sure that wasnt the intention of the filmmakers). And, weirdly, I enhoyed the 3rd one (but didn't "love" it either).

I think your expecting a miracle my friend. I think he has his head so far up in the Indiana Jones 4 project that he couldn't care less what happens with TFs at this point. It's in post-production. The only thing that can save the movie from the script that we've read is creative editing.

I'm just judging him based on his past exec-producing. The guy is pretty good. That'd doesn't mean you still might not be right. I'm just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Come on!... I need to hold on to something!!! :yay:

Let me ask this, what if they announced that due to overwhelming negative buzz and fan reaction the film would never be released. I realize of course this would never happen. Would you be dissappointed that even though the movie might suck you missed the chance to see live action TF's or would you be glad this potential abomination never had the chance damage the TF franchise?

Let me ask this, what if they announced that due to overwhelming negative buzz and fan reaction the film would never be released. I realize of course this would never happen. Would you be dissappointed that even though the movie might suck you missed the chance to see live action TF's or would you be glad this potential abomination never had the chance damage the TF franchise?

Most definitely. The issue, though, is that I would rather see a film that at least attempts to do this with passion than for money. I still don't know if that means I would condone a cancellation, but at this point I know nothing will be cured with a sequel.

And on the side convo about Blade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-UpqWH7kFs

I thought the first was faithfully done, while a bit cheesy. I still feel Frost's death was better in the script, but it's still an okay ending.

That would never happen OptimusPrimeRib. They'd loose way to much money. Remember, they have investors to pay back that financed this flick.

That would never happen OptimusPrimeRib. They'd loose way to much money. Remember, they have investors to pay back that financed this flick.

Oh no, I realize it would never happen for the reasons you cited. I just wondered what you guys as fans would think. Me, I'm not sure I'll even go to the theater to see this.

I wouldn't really miss it, if it did get canned. But i'd be curious to see what we would have got though, just because of all the talk that's gone behind it...

From what I've seen of Bay's films and just comic book movies in general you aren't missing much.

Oh no, I realize it would never happen for the reasons you cited. I just wondered what you guys as fans would think. Me, I'm not sure I'll even go to the theater to see this.

I'll wait until the reviews come in, and I hear word of mouth... and what you guys say here in these forums. I'm definately not going to be there opening day.

I have a really nice home theather. I can wait until it comes out on video.

I wouldn't be sad for a second, sure I'd be curious, but after seeing some of the crap yesterday (and showing it to my sister, that didn't make her really happy to see Soundbyte not at all....) I'm not gonna miss it. I think it'll probably be too bad to be funny and too bad to even get a minor "enjoyment" by treating it as just a move, but not a TF movie. I'm not catching this one in the theatres

At this point my Transformers ****eism slightly outweighs my Bay-hate just a LITTLE. So at this point I'll probably see it opening day. :csad:

I'm definitely going to watch this in the Theater opening day so count on my review. I have Transformers ****eitis just like DLips. I'm going to bring my Masterpiece Megatron with me and pistolwhip the first person that mocks the transforming sound.

I'll be there opening day, but in the spirit of this thread the only way I can stomach enjoying this is by constantly reminding myself that this is yet another reboot. If I don't enjoy it for it's own merits I will curl into alittle ball and weep :(

That being said, I see so few movies these days taht I can't afford to go into somethng thinking I won't enjoy it.

I goto very few movies as well, but that's because I have a crazy 2 year old who likes to scream at random things. I will take my 5 year old (6 come release date). She'll love it...she's always trying to steal my Transformers. But if everything is as predicted, I'll only watch this movie once....unless Michael Bay surprises me.

The only thing that can save this movie is Mel Gibson making a cameo.
mel01.jpg

Ha! The Wendy's scenes even look orange-tinted. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"