Negatron: Discussion Thread for those that hate the way this movie is heading

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Hunter Rider, Feb 7, 2007.

1. SuperNewGuy Registered

This is the first time in a while I've checked out the transformers board and I was just looking at all the pics......holy crap!! These characters barely resemble the transformers I remember - is this director intentionally trying to piss off transformers fans or what??

2. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

In short SuperNewGuy, yes. :csad:

3. nosebleed. Registered

Yeah, probably. Some people are comparing this film to Superman Returns. The difference is is that no matter how emo Singer made Superman at least he had love for the character. Maybe not the comics but at least the Donner movie. Bay was never a fan and has not shown a single iota of love for Transformers. In fact, I really do think he's trying to spite all the fans of the "blocky robots" in some way. Maybe not trying to outright piss people off but as a jab in the face saying, "My robot designs are vastly superior to anything that came before it. Blocky is sooo 80s".

4. SuperNewGuy Registered

So basically Bay is just making up his own stuff and slapping the Transformers name on it? That's just sad.

5. WormyT Registered

Whos Negatron?
    wt

6. SuperNewGuy Registered

I just saw a pic of what Bay's Starscream looks like..............ok, now I'm positive he's purposefully trying to piss off Transformers fans, why else would anyone come up with such a horrible design?

7. nosebleed. Registered

Not exactly. A lot of this is "based" off of G1 Transformers. The majority of the names are based off of G1 characters. The origin is a reimagining of G1. Just a lot of changes made that, to me, didn't seem warranted except for the sake of just changing things to put his mark on the story. Now, naturally, him being the director he would want to leave his mark on the story...but you could do that and remain true to the essence of the story.

8. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

That may have been part of Bay's contract, that he could pick designs that would make them pretty much "Bayformers". This way the movie bots, and all merch. would be Bayified, and pretty much stand alone.

*Bay salute*

9. Spade Seeking new challengers

Would this salute involve my middle finger?

10. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

Yeah, that's the old salute. The new one is you take your right hand and attempt to salute like a soldier, but instead of putting your hand to your temple, cover your eyes, then cry.

11. Spade Seeking new challengers

I get the feeling I'm going to get used to this new salute in the coming months.

12. CFlash Registered

13. AyeCapn Mod of the year: h-r

I prefer the one where my middle finger digs into my eyeball up to the knuckle

:(

:cry:

14. Spade Seeking new challengers

I just finished watching Jack Frost and Evil Dead not too long ago and can confidently say that this is a pretty effective method to avoid watching this movie. :up:

:csad:

15. bluejake01 Registered

Bay did NOT write the script. Most of the script was done BEFORE he was hired...Start blaming the entire production since they all dropped the ball.

16. nosebleed. Registered

edit: you are right bluejake. Bay is not solely to blame. But like the US president, he is going to get blamed/credited for everything. His name is right after the title. If he is going to take credit then he can take blame as well.

17. ZER0C00L Registered

haha ^ YEAH!

18. CFlash Registered

Your're right. The guy that wrote Catwoman movie did.

But, Bay is the "Captain of the Ship" so to speak. Pretty simple stories can be made great by the director (take History of Violence for instance). While others can take really good stories and ruin them (take The Island for instance).

This is Bay's movie. For better or for worse, it's his movie......
    unless of course Steven Spielberg takes over behind the scenes in editing and reshoots like he did for Poltergeist (and I strongly believe he did for Men in Black). God that would great.

19. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Like i said before Speilburg's number one concern right now is not ****ing up the Indiana Jones franchise....

20. CFlash Registered

I think he was busy making E.T. when he took a couple of breaks to fix Poltergeist. :woot: :up:

21. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Well the word is back form the TF clip; unless Prime is in battle mode, well see his gorgeous mouth.. :o

22. cronosred Registered

I was so looking forward to this movie when I heard it was being made then I saw the designs of the robots and I hated them but I could overlook that and even except them as long as they got the story right but what I've read it sounds so cheezy and cliched that I can't possibly bring myself to go see it, I mean it sounds like it's on the verge of being like Batman and Robin bad. It's a pity they couldn't have found someone who cared about the material instead of how many explosions they can fit in the movie, action does not a movie make. By the way I have to ask how many times in your own high school have you seen the hot popular girl dump her jock boyfriend for a nerd because he treats people badly? I know when I went to high school it didn't matter one bit to the popular girls how their popular boyfriends treated others they still stayed with them, and I thought they were trying to inject reality in this movie. The only way I can look at this movie is as another spinn-off like RID,Armada, and so on and like them I will not bother to watch because it is no way near as good as what came before.

23. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Reading the first review, in the footage thread i don't like the fact that Speilburg had to twist Bay's arm to take on the project. Bay didn't want to do it, so Speilburg should have left him be. I told you guys Speilburg is the real 'Hitler behind this movie. Don't know why you guys keep defending him. :confused:

24. Shockdingo Symbiote luvin' loon

Ewww. That does say a lot, no wonder why this whole thing sucks, he didn't want to do it, but once he saw how profitable it COULD be he jumped on board :dry:

25. dark_b Registered

we like him because he has talent and made some good movies. and i will not start naming spielberg hitler just because of a idiotic story that spielberg twisted bays arm to do transformers.