New Season 5 Spoilers!

It just says "love triangle".
Nobody said LANA would be the one with Lex... :p

I want to see them tackle this little subject as a filler episode...:up: maybe...?

Superboy_78_01.jpg

Serene said:
Not all the fans hate her.. but a lot of the very vocal online fans do. I've never really understood it, particularly the reaaally venomous ones. I really don't know how that reflects on the public in general though. The friends I know who watch, but aren't online, are all waiting for Clark and Lana to finally get together. So, who knows? I've always liked her.. but I kinda like everyone on the show these days for the different things they bring to the overall story. I'm just a pushover. :)

This reminds me of the bit that one of our posters named Zev did called "Five Minute Superman Returns" that featured a Smallville piece:

CLARK: Where are we now, Keyser So... I mean, Lex?

LEX: I don't know... it appears to be Smallville... yet within a few hours' drive of Metropolis?

CLARK: Metropolis. Someone was feeling REALLY creative when they came up with that name.

LEX: Hey, a mansion. Maybe someone can help us in there...

CLARK 2: Hey! It's the future uses! This is just like Bill & Ted...

LEX 2: Clark, go be an asshat somewhere else.

CLARK 2: Will you braid my hair later?

LEX 2: Yes, snookums. Now go watch your cartoons.

CLARK: My God! In this universe, I'm an idiotic jackass and you're apparently my gay lover! I don't know how it could get any worse!

LANA: Yoohoo...

LEX: The light of her halo is blinding me!

CLARK: Show's creators... trying to... force everyone to love her...

LEX 2: I love Lana more!

CLARK 2: No, I love Lana more!

CLARK: Lex! C'mon, let's run for it!

LEX: Feet don't fail me now!

CLARK: Lex, have you ever wondered what it would be like, you know, with...

LEX: Shut up. Shut up and don't you ever talk again.

Hi All,

I'm new on these boards, 1st post. I've always lurked around a different site, but now that I have found you guys, who seem to have a friendlier and more interesting insite into my favorite TV show, whilst being able to critique without being constantly negative and dwelling on minor details, I think I shall be back here more and more. ;)

I was thrilled to see two of my favorite posters from that other site, AgentPat I love all your great Tom Welling pictures, that man is so gorgeous I just dont know where to begin.... and Triplet I've enjoyed reading your reviews that you have written to date, you've taken alot of time to understand the fundamentals that are going on in the show.

I think the way the whole crystal arc was written was truly sensational and well planned. Congrats to the writers on that one.

I wanted to bring my sixteen year old son into the world of Smallville, as I find with my 10 year old that I have to explain the story, rather than discuss it., but he comes up with some interesting ideas all the same. Anyway, it didnt take much to have my sixteen year old hooked. We watched all 4 seasons in less than two weeks, summer vacation is great and my husband is travelling overseas.:p Well he said that Season 4 was by far his favorite, he loved Lois's character, and he understood everything that was going on. When we watched Forever, which I've seen a few times, it only just occurred to me the similarities that were going on between the Luthors, captured in the woods, and the students, captured in the mock school. I thought Chloe was going to make mention of the fact that Clark hadnt been captured and he would probably come to their rescue but instead we have Jason making mention of the fact that Clark is the one that they all needed to watch out for. Quite a twist. Brilliant!

Well now that you've heard my rant, I had better make some mention of the season 5.1 spoilers, considering that is what this thread is about. I cant wait to see what Clark heres from Jor-el at the FOS, and will Chloe and he have their "talk" in this episode. Sounds like there is way too much going on for it to happen this episode. Lana will begin to understand some of the mystery that surrounds Clark Kent, and there will be some serious alien-butt-kicking going on.

Cant wait for the Premiere!

Do you guys do a countdown here?

Welcome, avid! :) Love the handle, btw.

Glad you found us here. It's been a bit slow lately, but steady enough for a summer hiatus time I suppose. We have some really interesting discussions during the season after the new eps air, but with plenty of room for disagreements. ;)

I keep wanting to start an in-depth discussion of the show on an ep by ep basis.. something I've participated in for another fandom show. I'm not sure we have enough interest or traffic to support that kind of discussion now though. We'll see if I'm bored one night and want to tackle the Pilot.
I watched the show on DVD with my kids as well (teens also). It's a nice thing to be able to enjoy together, although I'm just a *tad* more into it than they are.

Serene said:
Welcome, avid! :) Love the handle, btw.

Glad you found us here. It's been a bit slow lately, but steady enough for a summer hiatus time I suppose. We have some really interesting discussions during the season after the new eps air, but with plenty of room for disagreements. ;)

I keep wanting to start an in-depth discussion of the show on an ep by ep basis.. something I've participated in for another fandom show. I'm not sure we have enough interest or traffic to support that kind of discussion now though. We'll see if I'm bored one night and want to tackle the Pilot.
I watched the show on DVD with my kids as well (teens also). It's a nice thing to be able to enjoy together, although I'm just a *tad* more into it than they are.

Thank you for your welcome, and ditto to being more into it than your kids, although I think my 16 year old, I might just have him.

I think it would be great to have a discussion, epi by epi, that would be really fun. I'll be there for sure.

avidreader said:
.... and Triplet I've enjoyed reading your reviews that you have written to date, you've taken alot of time to understand the fundamentals that are going on in the show.

Well, anyone that loves my reviews is of course welcome here! ;) :D

Actually, you've made me smile and I need that today. Maybe I'll bring up the reason why in the Talon thread.

Welcome. Hopefully I'll be happier tomorrow....

And I'm totally up on doing an ep by ep discussion.

The Pilot is probably my favorite ep aside from maybe Transferance, Memoria and Blank.

I can't wait for the season 5! Just thought you all should know. :D

Ah, welcome Avidreader! We'll get you up to 5000 posts in no time. ;)

For the most part, I think a majority of the folks here truly love the show and prefer to discuss what they like about it rather than what they don't like. No TV show is w/o its faults, and folks will have certain preferences about plots, characters and actors, but we're all Superman fans here, so we don't bog down with exasperatingly silly notions like Clark potentially being the villain in the end and Lex the hero because "Clark has shown himself to be unredeemable." :rolleyes: I can't even bring myself to post in threads like that 'cause I just get WAY too frustrated. My compliments to Grand_Sophy for her patience. She's a saint.

As to the spoilers for S5, OMG!! I can't wait. Maria over at DTS typed out the complete list of available sides and the teaser alone sounds like it's gonna be huge. Gotta love Clark's bravado, "Where are they? I'll make it easy for them" when told the two Kryptonians were looking for him. Go Clark! :D

There's also that comment from Durance in the latest SFX - she said that by the end of the season, sparks would fly between Lois and Clark. Wahoo!!!! I just love their antagonistic yet playful banter.

I'm looking forward to see how the yellow blanket fits into the bigger picture. One of the posters here, Squatlow, predicted that Martha and Jonathan saved themselves when the meteor hit their house by pulling the blanket over their heads and Jason wasn't that lucky LOL. If that is indeed what happens, we all owe Squatlow a cookie for calling it. I guess it's also possible, though not likely, that they may not definitively off Jason just in case Supernatural doesn't take off LOL.

Lionel, the wildcard, is going to be AWESOME! Is he good or bad? Who's side is he on? How does his actions effect Lex, if any? Oh, MAN! [Pat foams at the mouth in anticipation.]

Will Clark have to tell Chloe, or will she finally admit to knowing all along. Will they make it humorous with the meteor freak angle, or will Chloe put the pieces together on her own? The plot thickens. I don't think either will spill in the premiere ep, but Clark has some serious 'splainin' to do when he rescues Chloe. Otherwise, she's gonna turn into a blonde snow cone. LOL

Only things about the spoilers that have me a little troubled are Chloe going to college in Metropolis (I don't want her character downplayed like they did with Pete), and this bizarre "love triangle" hinted at between Clark, Lana and Lex. Blech. If they need that kind of angst, I'm sure there are other ways to introduce it.

Anyhoo, yeah, I talk too much. Wind me up and I'm like a top. Just don't get me started on the film. That top has a perpetual motion motor built-in so once started, there's no stopping it. LOL!!

The Incredible Hulk said:
*hands Pat an oxygen mask* :D :p ;)
Oxygen mask? Hell, I carry a paper bag in my back pocket at all times, just in case!! LOLOL!!! ;)

You guys are such fun, I'm really going to enjoy myself here.

You're not going to believe it, but I just got involved in a rather heated discussion over at Ksite and won. Yipee!!!

But I dont think I'll be posting much there any more, this forum is more to my liking, and nearly everyone here thinks that TW is just tooooo hot. Friends for life.

I like the idea of the yellow blanket saving Jonathan and Martha, that is really cool.

Where do I find Maria over at DTS. I would love to read the sides.

mmm.... I think I'm up to message number 3, that's 4997 to go. Yeh!!

avidreader said:
You guys are such fun, I'm really going to enjoy myself here.

We're usually up for a good discussion, as long as the flaming is kept at bay.

I know I get short tempered when the idea of what a discussion really is falls beyond the grasp of someone....

avidreader said:
You're not going to believe it, but I just got involved in a rather heated discussion over at Ksite and won. Yipee!!!

You go! :D

avidreader said:
But I dont think I'll be posting much there any more, this forum is more to my liking, and nearly everyone here thinks that TW is just tooooo hot. Friends for life.

I must admit that I largely lurk over there myself and I'm an "employee" of sorts but I think there are things of value over there, like the TW picture threads... You have to know which forums to avoid.

Although, the episode forums (where the links to my reviews are posted) tend to get somewhat heated... I tend to not read most posts in there too much.

I've been criticized a time or two for my reviews, but I try to keep my head above the fray because I do love the show so much that I am willing to forgive it lapses here and there...

All in all I must say it's the most enjoyable show of the ones I watch...

avidreader said:
I like the idea of the yellow blanket saving Jonathan and Martha, that is really cool.

I'm not sure that makes sense, totally... yeah, it would no doubt protect them from penetrating trauma but would it protect them from blunt trauma?

That wouldn't be such a sure thing....

avidreader said:
Where do I find Maria over at DTS. I would love to read the sides.

I read them and they're great, but they don't have the ones that include Clark... I've requested those, btw. ;)

Check 'em out here:

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218

avidreader said:

Yeah! :up:

Welcome to the fold.

This is the best, and least divisive, forum for Smallville around. I think you'll be very happy here, I know I am.

(Giving how much I post here, it's either that or I'm mental... ) ;)

avidreader said:

I'm still 'traumatized' over the unexplained glitch at KSite about a month back where bunches of posters and mods lost mass amounts of posts. I know I lost over 1000 posts. I suppose it's silly in the whole scheme of things, but I loved the (former) seniority my post count allowed me over there, and now I have less than some people who have only been there a quarter of the time.

Irritating!

But I love KSite and after years of posting there, know which forums are the most fun and which ones only seem to harbor inexplicably and consistently angry people.

Welcome over here, by the way.

Hope you enjoy!

AgentPat said:
I'm looking forward to see how the yellow blanket fits into the bigger picture. One of the posters here, Squatlow, predicted that Martha and Jonathan saved themselves when the meteor hit their house by pulling the blanket over their heads and Jason wasn't that lucky LOL. If that is indeed what happens, we all owe Squatlow a cookie for calling it. I guess it's also possible, though not likely, that they may not definitively off Jason just in case Supernatural doesn't take off LOL.
Ooo, that is some very interesting speculation. That'd be awesome to see them introduce the concept that the Kryptonian fabric is, more or less, invincible [if that's the route they go, instead of the "aura" explanation], hinting towards the costume.
Lionel, the wildcard, is going to be AWESOME! Is he good or bad? Who's side is he on? How does his actions effect Lex, if any? Oh, MAN! [Pat foams at the mouth in anticipation.]
This alleged line/lines he has about the two Kryptonians being "disciples of Zod" is enough to get me excited.
Will Clark have to tell Chloe, or will she finally admit to knowing all along. Will they make it humorous with the meteor freak angle, or will Chloe put the pieces together on her own? The plot thickens. I don't think either will spill in the premiere ep, but Clark has some serious 'splainin' to do when he rescues Chloe. Otherwise, she's gonna turn into a blonde snow cone. LOL
God, I hope he finally tells her. And I hope it's emotional. And I really hope they don't continually DRAG it out. Ugh. Either hold it off while making it interesting, or stop beating a dead/dying horse. I don't expect it to happen within the Premiere, but sometime soon after.
Only things about the spoilers that have me a little troubled are Chloe going to college in Metropolis (I don't want her character downplayed like they did with Pete), and this bizarre "love triangle" hinted at between Clark, Lana and Lex. Blech. If they need that kind of angst, I'm sure there are other ways to introduce it.
The triangle? Don't know what to think. Chloe going to college in Metropolis? I'm a little nervous, as I love Chloe and she's, IMO, one of the better characters on the show. I'd hate to see them downplay a good thing.

avidreader said:
Thank you for your welcome, and ditto to being more into it than your kids, although I think my 16 year old, I might just have him.

I think it would be great to have a discussion, epi by epi, that would be really fun. I'll be there for sure.

Welcome Avid:) I'd been wanting to discuss the show like that forever, so bring it on!, I'll be here:)

"I must admit that I largely lurk over there myself and I'm an "employee" of sorts but I think there are things of value over there, like the TW picture threads... You have to know which forums to avoid."

TW picture thread - I agree, I wont be able to give that one up. I used to like the Speculation Forum, but they just pre-empt so much that it really bugs me.
And of course I'll be there to read the news.

"The triangle? Don't know what to think. Chloe going to college in Metropolis? I'm a little nervous, as I love Chloe and she's, IMO, one of the better characters on the show. I'd hate to see them downplay a good thing."

Now when they have a character that they can take in any direction they want, it works, I think Chloe is everybody's favorite. I sometimes feel sorry for them the way they are restricted with how much they can do with their characters. And everyone seems to either really hate Lana or really love her. There is no in between. (well I'm in between)

"Welcome over here, by the way.

Hope you enjoy!'

Thanks, I typed in the name of the user from Ksite that referred me here, but she must have different name over here. I'll find you. :)

Oh and how do you quote from multiple posts. :confused:

Zorex_519 said:
Ooo, that is some very interesting speculation. That'd be awesome to see them introduce the concept that the Kryptonian fabric is, more or less, invincible [if that's the route they go, instead of the "aura" explanation], hinting towards the costume.
"Aura" explanation?

God, I hope he finally tells her. And I hope it's emotional. And I really hope they don't continually DRAG it out. Ugh. Either hold it off while making it interesting, or stop beating a dead/dying horse. I don't expect it to happen within the Premiere, but sometime soon after.
I kinda do expect it to happen in the premiere, then we're set up with the rest of the season for her to know and be able to help him. If she spoilers are correct and
Chloe is indeed face-first in the snow (an image that still makes me laugh, btw),
then Clark will have to offer more of an explanation than his usual cute shrug. I hope to see her 'fess up and him acknowledge things right there in the snow.

The triangle? Don't know what to think.
I'm really intrigued by it... but of course, I'm the Token Lana Fan around here. :D
I seriously enjoy all the Lex/Clark/Lana interaction already, so I'm curious to see how they handle Lex's feelings about Lana.

Chloe going to college in Metropolis? I'm a little nervous, as I love Chloe and she's, IMO, one of the better characters on the show. I'd hate to see them downplay a good thing.
According to AM when she attended that recent Alzheimer's fundraiser, Chloe's role is not going to be diminished by her going to MetU. Whether or not she's correct about that is anyone's guess. I would expect that Chloe's role would increase rather than decrease now that she's in a position to "help" Clark in ways no one else can because of her knowledge.

Have I mentioned that I'm dying for Season 5 to start?

Serene said:
"Aura" explanation?
Byrne introduced that new concept with his MOS reboot. It was a way of explaining why Superman wears the skin-tight suit. His body emits an "aura" that protects his clothing just off his skin, so when he fights and whatnot, the suit doesn't get shredded (other than the cape.) It's a post Crisis change to the mythos, which replaces the idea that the suit is made from fabric and material that came from Krypton, giving it the same invulnerable qualities that Superman possesses.

Personally, I prefer the latter. I can't imagine Clark repairing his cape after every battle, because that thing sure does take a beating in the comics LOL. I'm hoping SV ditches the aura angle - they haven't alluded to it yet in their entire four years on the air. It might even be safe to assume they're not going that route in the film either since so much is based off Donner's continuity.

Episode #5-2: "Mortal" Tentative Air Date: Sept. 29

New spoilers in yellow posted 7/6/05

Teaser:
- Lex has had Lionel admitted into Belle Reve. He's still in a "Kryptonian trance." The scene sounds like a complete reversal of "Shattered," where Lionel was looking in on Lex. This time, the tables are turned.
- Four armed guards are moving three patients along. There's a "hulking, tattooed badass" named Tommy Lee. He's with a pair of eerily gaunt twins. (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen maybe? Kidding.)
- Tommy Lee apparently has a power to control electricity flow and uses it to make his escape. The two twins he is with slam their fists together which leads into a white hot glow that fuses them together into a rippling force field. They ask Tommy Lee where their next destination will be. He tells them it will be Smallville.

A little bit later, in Act Two:
- The Kent house is being repaired after the effects of the meteor shower. Half of the walls are stripped to the studs. (Did someone say stripping? It's early Season 4 all over again) This information we have apparently is somewhere around the middle of the scene, because Clark is being tossed into a wall. Lana rushes to him and tells the people who did it to "Stop it!" Reveal the twins and Tommy Lee.
- "You're a legend in Belle Reve," Tommy tells Clark. "Half the freaks are in there because of you," he says, right in front of Lana. Lana asks what he's talking about. Clark claims he's got the wrong guy. Tommy yanks Lana up, holding her by her "porcelain neck." (Their words, not ours) He licks the side of her face, which enrages Clark. Clark heads towards him and Tommy draws power from the exposed wiring to electrocute Clark. Clark goes down, in pain. Tommy and the twins think they have the wrong person.

And in the caves...
- Chloe is down in the caves looking at the symbols on the wall and the damaged altar in the open chamber room. She tries to let go of the memory of being transported across the world in a flash of light.
- The next scene we know of, which is a little later, has Lex talking to Chloe... possibly in the caves. "I think you know more than you're telling me, Chloe," Lex tells her, warning her that she's getting involved in a "dangerous game" by covering up for Clark.
- "Like covering up the spaceship Lana said crashed during the meteor shower?" Chloe retorts. Lex claims Lana was hysterical and didn't know what she was talking about. "Stop asking questions, Lex, or I'll start asking my own," Chloe threatens.

And even later than that...
- Tommy Lee apparently isn't so much of an enemy to Clark anymore, or at least now they're talking rather than throwing each other across the room, because they're talking inside the Kent kitchen. Clark learns that Tommy Lee spent a few weeks inside of Level Three.
- Tommy jokingly refers to the two gaunt twins as "the Wonder Twins."
- Tommy needs Clark to break into Level Three to get him and his friends some kind of "serum." The serum, a "nifty green cocktail," amped up Tommy and the twins' powers, and became addictive. Then, they were moved from Level Three into Belle Reve, and boom, no more cocktails. "If the stories I heard about you are true, you shouldn't have any problem" with getting in, Tommy Lee tells Clark. The Kents approach, and Tommy Lee apparently makes himself scarce.
- Jonathan and Martha return home and find Clark alone. Martha notices Lana's SUV there but doesn't know where she is; Clark says she wasn't feeling well and was laying down. Clark's shirt is inside out - probably from something having to do with the fight with the FOTW's - but it's likely that the Kents think something else was happening there. Clark tries to get his parents to leave and go to the hardware store; when that tactic doesn't work, he tries something else. Seems like he thinks his parents will be in danger.

Taken From Kryptonsite

AgentPat said:
Byrne introduced that new concept with his MOS reboot. It was a way of explaining why Superman wears the skin-tight suit. His body emits an "aura" that protects his clothing just off his skin, so when he fights and whatnot, the suit doesn't get shredded (other than the cape.) It's a post Crisis change to the mythos, which replaces the idea that the suit is made from fabric and material that came from Krypton, giving it the same invulnerable qualities that Superman possesses.

Personally, I prefer the latter. I can't imagine Clark repairing his cape after every battle, because that thing sure does take a beating in the comics LOL. I'm hoping SV ditches the aura angle - they haven't alluded to it yet in their entire four years on the air. It might even be safe to assume they're not going that route in the film either since so much is based off Donner's continuity.
Good Job Pat though what you didn't tell him is that all that aura crap is gone now. When Birthright came out they took away that armor aura crap and made hime how he should be. Though now he can see other peoples aura like to how if you play Star Wars KOTR to tell if they are good or bad; but there is no more aura.

Happenstance said:
Episode #5-2: "Mortal" Tentative Air Date: Sept. 29

New spoilers in yellow posted 7/6/05
Clark goes down, in pain. Tommy and the twins think they have the wrong person.

Just when i think Lana finally knows his secret... he goes down in pain??? *sigh... don't tell me they are going to pull another "clark-is-human-and-can-be-harmed-while-lana-witnesses"

a la...

Leech
Fever
Extinction (lead-plate)
Slumber (car accident)
Perry
Whisper
Crisis (time-anamoly my butt)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics