No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Feels like all these magazine covers are wasted since the film won't be out until 8 months later.

cFJlGr9.jpg
m29a9Fe.jpg
eBWQRvI.jpg
NkfVOGY.jpg
gLKEgG0.jpg
h0z3arG.jpg
GD0rAKN.jpg

After watching Ana de Armas in Knives Out, I think she should've been the main Bond girl in this, or at least have a bigger role.

After watching Ana de Armas in Knives Out, I think she should've been the main Bond girl in this, or at least have a bigger role.

The lead/bigger role doesn’t necessarily mean the better/more interesting role.

Director Cary Fukunaga Says No Time to Die is 'Great As It Is' Without Added 'Polish' - ComingSoon.net

When asked by a fan on Instagram if director Cary Fukunaga and the post-production team were able to “trim it and polish it,” Fukunaga replied, “Some people have asked me this and although more time would have been lovely, we had to put our pencils down when we finished our post-production window, which was thankfully before COVID shut everything else down.”

After a fan asked why they weren’t about to use “such a delay to add some polish,” Fukunaga explained that the “short answer is money. And although Bond is a big movie, we still have to weigh cost with value. And like anything, you could tinker endlessly. The movie is great as it is, hope yall will feel [the] same too when it comes out.”

It's kind of sad to see that they probably rushed the movie both in pre-production and in post in order to be able to secure the April date and not have any more delays and now they have a complete movie sitting there gathering dust for months until release. Let's hope it turns out good regardless of all the setbacks.

Really enjoyed this movie, was the best since Skyfall. Great ending to Craig’s legacy as Bond... was wish I was saying right now.

So, this was supposed to be the original release weekend.
How are you all holding up?
I have been watching A LOT of Bond films, anybody else?

The new Duck Tales had a James Bond hommage episode on Saturday.

EVQo2OLUcAI1O6Q

It was fortunately timed with the new movie and unfortunately the movie (and a lot of things) moved release dates for an obvious reason.

Last edited:
I was watching Octopussy the other day. Out of the Moore Bond films that had the reputation of being on the sillier side, that one did it best. It's good for what it's trying to do. The opening of 009 in a clown outfit running from his assassins walks the line of parody and seriousness very well. It's tongue in cheek yet it's played totally straight.

I’ve always loved Octopussy. :D

...pretty much watching On Her Majesty's Secret Service once a week, too scorned by the push-back to watch Craig's Bond. Plus, putting my girlfriend through his saga closer to November. It might also help break-up watching too many Halloween films in October too.

...pretty much watching On Her Majesty's Secret Service once a week, too scorned by the push-back to watch Craig's Bond. Plus, putting my girlfriend through his saga closer to November. It might also help break-up watching too many Halloween films in October too.

I couldn't watch that over and over again. One watch is quite enough for me for a few years or decades. I couldn't watch that film once a week. I couldn't watch any film once a week as I would've just seen it.

I’ve always loved Octopussy. :D

Apart from the Tarzan yell, and Moore looking a bit too old for the role, its a good Bond outing. Maud Adams is great as Octopussy. Kamal Kahn is a solid villain, Louis Jordan has a good history of playing slimy characters. Q has some hilarious scenes, and gets to go out into the field and help Bond in the mission. The scene in the hot air balloon;

Bond: "I trust you can handle this contraption, Q"
Q: "It runs on hot air"
Bond: "Oh then you can"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"