No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Yeah, when Boyle was announced, I didn't see many people saying Bond would be up at Greggs in Bury High Street taking out Blofeld over a Steak n' Cheese slice.

Quids on it would've been a bun fight down the Cex store in Sutton instead :cwink:. 2-4-1 and slashed prices.

Speak English, people. :oldrazz: English-English, not Michael Caine in Austin Powers English.

Interesting choice. He’s got a compelling resume and I can’t wait to see what his vision is

I don't hear many people complaining about the date change for Bond 25, like there was when Disney moved the Star Wars franchise from Memorial Day to the pre-Christmas weekend.

As long as Fukunaga makes a good 007 film, people are going to see this no matter what. And it's on a holiday weekend, so if it pops with audiences, it'll get a nice 4-day weekend opening.

So it will be 5 years from Spectre to Bond 25. Craig has the longest gaps between his films.

Color me surprised they finally tapped an American to play Bond. I see no problem with it on paper. Hope he does a good job.

I don't hear many people complaining about the date change for Bond 25, like there was when Disney moved the Star Wars franchise from Memorial Day to the pre-Christmas weekend.

As long as Fukunaga makes a good 007 film, people are going to see this no matter what. And it's on a holiday weekend, so if it pops with audiences, it'll get a nice 4-day weekend opening.

The date change is a good thing IMO. Give Fukunaga and everyone more time to prep instead of rushing this out for 2019. I think Bond movies usually come out pre-Thanksgiving I want to say? But having it in December isn't a huge stretch. I see no problem with it.

Bond in November only started with Goldeneye anyway and even Tomorrow Never Dies was a December release. February should work given that it's proven to be a lucrative month thanks to Black Panther, Deadpool and to a lesser extent things like Lego Batman.

Honestly, I think EON wouldn't get into this mess if they actually gave themselves more time for production.

EON gives themselves plenty of time for production. There is always two to four years in between films. The problem is they squander that time and dick around for a year or two or three then try to do everything in a single year.

If they'd set up a consistent production routine like Disney does they'd be fine. EON only does Bond films. They have nothing else to take up their time. When a Bond film is released the next one should already be in pre-production or ready to begin pre-production. And it should be ready for release in 2 - 3 years.

Bond is a never ending franchise. EON needs to treat it like one. They need to be more efficient.

Not about getting him per se, but getting someone who is not a Brit. They now simply have to go with someone who has talent alone rather than trying to put all these other restrictions on like that they must be British. They don't have that luxury anymore to wait around.

The old rule was not that directors must be British, but that they must not be American.

Pretty sure that wasn't even a hard rule. It's just that they happened to choose Brits if possible as a first option, seems "British-lite" colonial guys always got seconds dibs. I don't think Cubby was ever "no American ever under any circumstances", the stars just never aligned with the right person for the right movie where they thought an American director was the right call.

Americans co-wrote a few of them, from memory, blanking on the film here, but the one with U.S. mafia/gangster guys. They didn't think a Brit would get the rhythm of the way they speak and stuff.

Penny Plenty - 'Ssssoo, you're fathhhhher was a bhannnnker, I bet he made a statttement'.

Haha, an he's makin' a withdrawal sahn. Five fingar discuhnt.

But going back on-topic and proper English for a moment. It's probably safe to assume that Cary Fukunaga's on-board with EON's vision of ending Craig's Bond indefinitely via a death/ permanent retirement? I know there's been talk of a 'Doctor Who' style regeneration of Bond where a new character essentially takes on the mantle of 'James Bond' / 007. A bit like how Batman was described as a symbol in TDK and anyone could be him. It's an interesting idea, maybe it's one they should've done from the start. But we'll see!

I hope they don't copy the Dark Knight Rises at the end.

I'd rather they didn't as well. But if they insist on going down that route, then I guess it could be interesting. How 'James Bond' is just a mask that each new intelligence officer puts on and further builds up the name and legend. It would also give scope to cast any actor. But it would be cleaner if they just do a straight reboot with a new fresh iteration of Bond.

Anybody watching the Bond Marathon on Starz?
It goes on for another week.

I'd rather they didn't as well. But if they insist on going down that route, then I guess it could be interesting. How 'James Bond' is just a mask that each new intelligence officer puts on and further builds up the name and legend. It would also give scope to cast any actor. But it would be cleaner if they just do a straight reboot with a new fresh iteration of Bond.

IMHO that idea is straight up trash, I don't want them to go in that direction.

Just kill Bond...

The last scene is James accomplishing his task, but bleeding out... his breathing slowing down, Bond staggers, falls down and then it cuts to black.

Ahh... watching Craig die with a crazy sad, but Bondian score would be a delight.

Maybe the last scene will be him getting shot in the leg first. Then he asks the shooter "who are you?" and he replies "Bond. James Bond." :o

Maybe the last scene will be him getting shot in the leg first. Then he asks the shooter "who are you?" and he replies "Bond. James Bond." :o

That’d be dope.

From Russia With Love’s ending was meant to be the dying breaths of Bond... but, the novels finally took off once that one came out.

Anybody watching the Bond Marathon on Starz?
It goes on for another week.

I just finished my marathon last Sunday, lol. I think I'm good for a while. I've never watched all the films in such a short time frame before though, it did get exhausting by the time I got to the Brosnan era.

I just finished my marathon last Sunday, lol. I think I'm good for a while. I've never watched all the films in such a short time frame before though, it did get exhausting by the time I got to the Brosnan era.

That era is exhausting anyway. :o

I watched them one a week once when they aired them on TV years ago on a weekly basis. It was like watching a TV series.

I really don't get the desire some people to see these iconic characters killed off. It isn't just Bond. You see it with practically every big franchise. Let's kill off Bond. Let's kill off Superman. Let's kill off Spider-Man. I really don't get it.

The "Bond as a codename" crap again?

They've put this to rest, guys. It's never been the case, books or films alike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"