Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that this is going to dissuade anyone from criticizing WB's sitting out of the Super Bowl, but I want to throw this out there to consider.

Is it possible... the WB is so confident in Man Of Steel, so sure that the movie has more bad-ass, jaw-dropping, seat-filling material than anyone has yet to imagine... that they are intentionally showing restraint until this spring to avoid giving general audiences too much time to make judgements about the film? What if, to avoid that, they're holding back the floodwaters of awesomeness until the right time to spring it on the world and really surprise everybody? For instance, look at all of the positive reactions the last trailer got. Sure, it's a great trailer, but in terms of what it shows from the film... it's practically nothing.

Not that this is going to dissuade anyone from criticizing WB's sitting out of the Super Bowl, but I want to throw this out there to consider.

Is it possible... the WB is so confident in Man Of Steel, so sure that the movie has more bad-ass, jaw-dropping, seat-filling material than anyone has yet to imagine... that they are intentionally showing restraint until this spring to avoid giving general audiences too much time to make judgements about the film? What if, to avoid that, they're holding back the floodwaters of awesomeness until the right time to spring it on the world and really surprise everybody? For instance, look at all of the positive reactions the last trailer got. Sure, it's a great trailer, but in terms of what it shows from the film... it's practically nothing.

I agree....still too early to start slamming people with marketing. A few more weeks and then ramp it up a few notches

I would love if this were the case. :yay:

I would love if this were the case. :yay:

I'd say wait until Valentine's Day or after before really picking up the marketing for the movie....that's a fine date to start things up. Not too soon, not too late. You don't wanna show people everything you have months before the movie is slated to come out....

I'd say wait until Valentine's Day or after before really picking up the marketing for the movie....that's a fine date to start things up. Not too soon, not too late. You don't wanna show people everything you have months before the movie is slated to come out....

True. I remember read a quote a few months back about some (A Good a mount) marketing in 2013 by someone in an interview. I read it here but can't recall who posted it or who was being interviewed. I tried to find it but my memory failed me. Can anyone help with this?

So, I know it coming and when it does it going to be Glorious! lol

True. I remember read a quote a few months back about some (A Good a mount) marketing in 2013 by someone in an interview. I read it here but can't recall who posted it or who was being interviewed. I tried to find it but my memory failed me. Can anyone help with this?

So, I know it coming and when it does it going to be Glorious! lol

I don't have a clue. I'm following the movie to an extent of trailers and photos and pure speculation. I don't want to know every detail of the movie....that would ruin the movie for me. I knew The Dark Knight Rises before I even saw it...I wish I didn't

The internet makes seeing a superbowl ad pretty pointless.

WB don't do super bowl ads after all the films they advertised which bombed or disappointed. WB did none last year either, and in 2011, it was smaller films. Potter, TDKR, Inception, etc all passed.

WB had a really bad run in the mid 2000s with them, whee they all opened poorly regardless. Poseidon, Speed Racer, Troy, Batman Begins and a few others all fared poorly. The Matrix sequels are the only ones which really worked. I wouldn't have minded one, but it won't make a big difference. That $4 million will be 100s of TV spots in June.

More important than anything is sentiment of quality. Screw commercials. Let Peter Travers review the film in mid June, and just say "Its the best thing since sliced bread". That will do more for opening weekend than anything else.

Last edited:
WB don't do super bowl ads after all the films they advertised which bombed or disappointed. WB did none last year either, and in 2011, it was smaller films. Potter, TDKR, Inception, etc all passed.

WB had a really bad run in the mid 2000s with them, whee they all opened poorly regardless. Poseidon, Speed Racer, Troy, Batman Begins and a few others all fared poorly. The Matrix sequels are the only ones which really worked. I wouldn't have minded one, but it won't make a big difference. That $4 million will be 100s of TV spots in June.

More important than anything is sentiment of quality. Screw commercials. Let Peter Travers review the film in mid June, and just say "Its the best thing since sliced bread". That will do more for opening weekend than anything else.
Superman Returns had many reviews that said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. From major publications as well.

Maybe I need to take my marketing discussion to this thread?

as much as i loved the last trailer, i hope we dont get another montage like trailer with voice overs for no.3 i want to get actual scenes/clips to get a better sense of pacing.

I don't have a clue. I'm following the movie to an extent of trailers and photos and pure speculation. I don't want to know every detail of the movie....that would ruin the movie for me. I knew The Dark Knight Rises before I even saw it...I wish I didn't

Oh trust me, I am staying away from all of those big spoilers. I say it all the time in here. Just some pics and trailers but not this next one, I'm skipping that.

I meant in the interview the guy said they are planning a good amount of marketing but there wasn't any detail as to what. Just that it was going to be heavy and later.

It was a interview I remember people in here felt good about and a sense of relief. I'm surprised no one remembers it.

No matter how much you want to hide from spoilers, there is that idiot friend that blurts the spoiler out. And you ask,"WHY THE **** DID YOU SAY THAT!!???", and they say, "Oh, its just a rumor I read"............. :doh:

Oh trust me, I am staying away from all of those big spoilers. I say it all the time in here. Just some pics and trailers but not this next one, I'm skipping that.
I've been thinking about doing the same, I just don't know if I have the willpower!

No matter how much you want to hide from spoilers, there is that idiot friend that blurts the spoiler out. And you ask,"WHY THE **** DID YOU SAY THAT!!???", and they say, "Oh, its just a rumor I read"............. :doh:

Haha so True!

I've been thinking about doing the same, I just don't know if I have the willpower!

It's wasn't easy at first but over time I've become pretty good. I don't even read "leaked" story spoilers even if they might be fake. And the closer it gets to the movie (only 4 months now!) the more ninja I have to be to avoid pics and clips and trailers. If any. It's an art. :woot:

Haha so True!

It's wasn't easy at first but over time I've become pretty good. I don't even read "leaked" story spoilers even if they might be fake. And the closer it gets to the movie (only 4 months now!) the more ninja I have to be to avoid pics and clips and trailers. If any. It's an art. :woot:

Will you follow the next viral MOS shenanigans?

Haha Well, that last one was very well done and fun... hmm. I'll follow it and contribute but not watch the trailer.

You have serious will power Shield,can you teach me how to stay strong in the face of temptation?

Seriously I'm going to try and keep away from everything big as you say,pics are fine,story is a no no,but if I hear the trailer is mind blowing,I may crumble:waa:

We need Hopeful's non spoiler thread to get some people using it soon!

You have serious will power Shield,can you teach me how to stay strong in the face of temptation?

Seriously I'm going to try and keep away from everything big as you say,pics are fine,story is a no no,but if I hear the trailer is mind blowing,I may crumble:waa:

That non spoiler thread would really come in handy. And I learned my strength from ummm.... ok I didn't learn it from anyone. lol I just close my eyes, plug my ears and hum. :woot:

You could put parental controls on and set it to deny Superman Trailers. haha

That actually might work... I may have to do it myself especially if the word is that the trailer is explosive.

:funny: Even i'm not using it... and I caved and read all those rumours anyway.

My only justification is I read them really fast and have forgotten most of it already :p

My only justification is I read them really fast and have forgotten most of it already :p
I did the same thing! I just try not dwell on them much

Say it isn't so Hope... Say it isn't so.

4junx5.jpg
263ga3s.jpg

v4os3d.jpg
Whyyyy!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members