Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You read it.

... didn't you?

34pgdmw.jpg

but no I don't think I have. lol

:hehe: In fairness, there really wasn't much memorable stuff in there anyway. Just a load of rumours that resemble most of our guesses anyway.

I hope we get another viral marketing campaign soon...the first one was cool

No matter how much you want to hide from spoilers, there is that idiot friend that blurts the spoiler out. And you ask,"WHY THE **** DID YOU SAY THAT!!???", and they say, "Oh, its just a rumor I read"............. :doh:

You have serious will power Shield,can you teach me how to stay strong in the face of temptation?

Seriously I'm going to try and keep away from everything big as you say,pics are fine,story is a no no,but if I hear the trailer is mind blowing,I may crumble:waa:

We need Hopeful's non spoiler thread to get some people using it soon!

:funny: Even i'm not using it... and I caved and read all those rumours anyway.

My only justification is I read them really fast and have forgotten most of it already :p

I did the same thing! I just try not dwell on them much

I'm in the same boat with all of this, including the "Read the leaks very fast and immediately set about forgetting them (and succeeding, oddly enough).

I hope we get another viral marketing campaign soon...the first one was cool

Yeah me too, I keep thinking they'l do one for the official Zod reveal but I'm not sure they're even gonna do a Zod reveal before the next trailer or even at all

Yeah me too, I keep thinking they'l do one for the official Zod reveal but I'm not sure they're even gonna do a Zod reveal before the next trailer or even at all

probably not...I think they dropped the ball on that one. I just really want more viral marketing, a cool Daily Planet website, maybe STAR LABS or CADMUS website. Just some really cool stuff for fan interaction

Does anyone else think that not having a superbowl spot for Man of Steel was a mistake? I know there wasn't one for TDKR but that movie practically marketed itself. They can't assume the same here since it's a different character. Relying on Chris Nolan's fame is not going to cut it if they really want this film to do well. It has to get its name out there. I know plenty of people who didn't even know this movie was coming out this year. I'm getting worried that WB is going to have these big visions of box office smashing and it'll be dismal because nobody aside from a few fans were anticipating the movie therefore didn't make much of an effort to go see it. I know Snyder and crew will knock it out of the park but if people don't get their butts in the seats it'll mean nothing.

Does anyone else think that not having a superbowl spot for Man of Steel was a mistake? I know there wasn't one for TDKR but that movie practically marketed itself. They can't assume the same here since it's a different character. Relying on Chris Nolan's fame is not going to cut it if they really want this film to do well. It has to get its name out there. I know plenty of people who didn't even know this movie was coming out this year. I'm getting worried that WB is going to have these big visions of box office smashing and it'll be dismal because nobody aside from a few fans were anticipating the movie therefore didn't make much of an effort to go see it. I know Snyder and crew will knock it out of the park but if people don't get their butts in the seats it'll mean nothing.
Was it a mistake.Yes.Has it completely destroyed MOS marketing chances?Not even close.

I think WBs should have put a SB spot out but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it'l make a lot of difference.

I think WBs should have put a SB spot out but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it'l make a lot of difference.

Agreed,in a couple of months no one will remember the Superbowl spots,I think some people have forgotten them already!

It wasn't a mistake. I doubt they would gain that many seats from a SB ad. It's not like all the movies that have SB ads do really well in the BO.

Anyone going to see a superhero movie this summer will probably watch Man of Steel too, unless it gets terrible reviews.

I mean, I get where you guys are coming from but it's undeniable that it would giv them a boost regardless of how small. As long as you make the movie look flashy and amazing, you'll gain some audience. There is no other explanation in my mind of how Transformers 3 could have made so much money after the disaster the second one.

SB spots are a waist of money, and the studio's are finally figuring this out. The only people you see complaining about not having a Super Bowl spot are those who are too impatient to wait for more info.

With MOS being so far off (4 months is a long time in the mind of the average American worker to remember a trailer), It's best for WB to invest money else-where.

WB can use the extra Millions to make deals with McDonald's for toys, or spread out the 3rd and final MOS trailer on all the major networks highest rated programs closer to the release of MOS!

As the owner of a Pizza Restaurant (and opening up another come April 1st already purchased) I can tell you right now, marketing closer to opening is KEY! No way can I advertise my new restaurant now (even though I am less then 2 months away from opening) no one's ever gonna remember the 24,000 flyers I send out! It's simply a case of Human memory, hit them when it counts, same with MOS!

:)

Last edited:
Ok, there was no Super Bowl spot. Get over it people... WB! Just release that third trailer, and make it heavy on the action! haha

Ok, there was no Super Bowl spot. Get over it people... WB! Just release that third trailer, and make it heavy on the action! haha

not TOO heavy....just the right amount of punch

i was just looking at what movies are being released in April and the movie that stands out the most for a MOS trailer to be attached to is 42, the Jackie Robinson movie.

I bet (let me stress, i am speculating) that the next trailer is attached to that film on April 12.

It is being released by WB and Legendary. That makes the most logical sense to me.

They should have a third trailer and release it with Jack the Giant Slayer to lure people into going to see it, otherwise nobody is going to see that thing. :woot: And then have trailer #4 with IM3. :word:

haha, Jack the Giant Slayer looks like a flop

Jack The Giant Slayer is one of the ugliest looking big budget movies I have seen in recent memory. Can't believe it's shot by the same photographer who shot Drive. He shot X2 and Returns with Singer as well and those films look great.

I actually think Jack looks alright

I just hope that not only do we get some intense action sequences shown involving Superman in the next trailer, but parts where we get to see more of the likes of Amy and Michael in their respective roles, along with some dialogue pieces from them.

I just hope that not only do we get some intense action sequences shown involving Superman in the next trailer, but parts where we get to see more of the likes of Amy and Michael in their respective roles, along with some dialogue pieces from them.

I'll just be happy to be getting something....ugh, this wait is killing me, but I know it'll pay off in the end

Action seems like a safe bet so I'd rather we see more of the other cast members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"