The Dark Knight Rises **OFFICIAL** TDK Rises merchandise thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like the statement "The will to survive" - which implies Batman endures everything he's put through.

Edit: You see it in the colour action book and on this sticker set at the top left:
4qsxf7.png

"The training is nothing. The will is everything!"

Full circle! :awesome:

Well the truth is....that tshirt is stolen artwork from me. I made that poster and posted on this forum, my fb and my devaint art page. They took it changed the city, erased the logos from the bottom and erased batman's hand. I made the poster and posted back i Nov 2010. Im looking into if there is anything I can do about them using it since I didnt even know about it. I just saw it in jcpenny like everyone else and had to do a doubt take. AND every single website and person Ive seen talking about it keeps saying that it makes a giant bat symbol in the sky, its doesnt! I made it to have the shape of Batman's head. You can see the ears at the top, to the nose and a single bat to make his mouth. Go back in the fan art and you will find my poster. also some websites selling it has a pic of a tshirt with no changes and you can still see my siggy in the bottom left of the pic.
Here is my poster with te tshirt.
bde8cd5cadc611e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Wow, that sucks dude, cant beleive DC/WB would stoop so low... Dont know if theres anything u can do seeing as it is their characters/TM but its totally crap tey did that

Wow, that sucks dude, cant beleive DC/WB would stoop so low... Dont know if theres anything u can do seeing as it is their characters/TM but its totally crap tey did that

I dont think I can do anything when it comes to fighting about batman himself. But I didnt make it to sell or was selling it. But I think I got a good leg to stand on to go at them for selling my idea. Cause its one thing to make something on their own and use my idea but to flat out take my work and put their name on it....i dont think they can fight me there. Plus what pisses me off the most is someone sat their and took the time to get my poster, tweek it a bit and them hand it in....and they got paid for their time. That is what I think I would argue about. I didnt make Batman, so they got me there, but I did make the all the bats flying to make the shape of Batman head, which by just putting one or two bats in there, isnt a big enuff change. I think I got them there. Its kinda like they paid someone other artist to steal my work. Thats the part that tweeks me the most. Its still VERY cool to see my awork out there on a tshirt....its just very suprising the way it happen. I mean with that many pics of batman out there for this movie and all the posters and artist working at wb....and they take my pic to use..... very suprising.

Last edited:
"The training is nothing. The will is everything!"

Full circle! :awesome:

WillSmithPicture.jpg

sorry. couldn't resist. :oldrazz:

I dont think I can do anything when it comes to fighting about batman himself. But I didnt make it to sell or was selling it. But I think I got a good leg to stand on to go at them for selling my idea. Cause its one thing to make something on their own and use my idea but to flat out take my work and put their name on it....i dont think they can fight me there. Plus what pisses me off the most is someone sat their and took the time to get my poster, tweek it a bit and them hand it in....and they got paid for their time. That is what I think I would argue about. I didnt make Batman, so they got me there, but I did make the all the bats flying to make the shape of Batman head, which by just putting one or two bats in there, isnt a big enuff change. I think I got them there. Its kinda like they paid someone other artist to steal my work. Thats the part that tweeks me the most. Its still VERY cool to see my awork out there on a tshirt....its just very suprising the way it happen. I mean with that many pics of batman out there for this movie and all the posters and artist working at wb....and they take my pic to use..... very suprising.

you got royally screwed man. im pretty sure what happened with your work was a result of some lazy graphic designer passing off your work for his or hers. damn shame.

Last edited:
Just found the zipline blaster with batman figure for $16 at biglots...how long til MMs are there?

I'm sorry, EvilDeadAlive. :csad:

BUT.. since your sig is still in the corner, I think you have a shot.

BUT BUT... if your lawsuit resolves in a movie delay, I will murder you. In the nicest way possible.

Wow, I almost bought that shirt too at JCPenney earlier this week. Glad I didn't now. That's horrible.

The Wal-Marts near me still have no movie masters! I am losing my mind! Just give me Gordon already!

I'm sorry, EvilDeadAlive. :csad:

BUT.. since your sig is still in the corner, I think you have a shot.

BUT BUT... if your lawsuit resolves in a movie delay, I will murder you. In the nicest way possible.

hahaha. I wanna see the movie just as bad as everyone else. Plus Im pretty sure the makers of the movie had NADA to do with my design being ganked. Im pretty sure thats a whole other department.

Wow, I almost bought that shirt too at JCPenney earlier this week. Glad I didn't now. That's horrible.

Hahaha. Go buy the shirt still....its still partly my design....which is good. lol. Plus if that shirt sells out....then i can say "Hey, look at how good my design is selling! Give me some of the $$$!" lol.

hahaha. I wanna see the movie just as bad as everyone else. Plus Im pretty sure the makers of the movie had NADA to do with my design being ganked. Im pretty sure thats a whole other department.

Hahaha. Go buy the shirt still....its still partly my design....which is good. lol. Plus if that shirt sells out....then i can say "Hey, look at how good my design is selling! Give me some of the $$$!" lol.

Well, I bought it. (It is a freakin' cool design, I couldn't resist, good job!) I'll keep the tags and receipt to prove I did in case you want it as evidence in a lawsuit! I think it's selling pretty well too because my store only had 1 or 2 when I stopped by on Monday so I wound up with a size I don't normally wear, thinking I might use it as a nightshirt.

I saw my first batch of TDKR merch here in the UK! They have a select few bits at Forbidden Planet in London, like The Bat and the Quik Tech figures. No Movie Masters yet though. I'm hoping it's just Forbidden Planet, but they were all pretty damn expensive.
I have to say though, I was a bit disappointed in The Bat seeing it in person. But I do still want one.

Kmarts sale prices go thru june 25 just for your info guys

Just got back from the Walmart near where I work...

No Movie Masters yet...but they still have up Phantom Menace toys. W...T...F...

Well, I bought it. (It is a freakin' cool design, I couldn't resist, good job!) I'll keep the tags and receipt to prove I did in case you want it as evidence in a lawsuit! I think it's selling pretty well too because my store only had 1 or 2 when I stopped by on Monday so I wound up with a size I don't normally wear, thinking I might use it as a nightshirt.

lol. Awesome!! Im glad you dig the design!

Not official, but i figured i would show it anyway. I had it custom made at a local printing shop. I have one more available if anyone is interested PM me.

DSC00283.jpg

That shirt looks great!

Better than 99% of what's out there.

Not official, but i figured i would show it anyway. I had it custom made at a local printing shop. I have one more available if anyone is interested PM me.

DSC00283.jpg

It's weird seeing you post this up because I just printed the same exact thing at my work earlier this week for myself. I am trying to decide if I want any text on the front or anything on the back. Nice job getting that printed up, I like the simplicity of it.

DSC00283.jpg

That looks a lot better than the one they are selling in stores. Nice work

The Dark Knight Rises HeroClix are on sale at Walgreens now. I got a bunch one of which is kinda spoilerish lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"