Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

ONLY if you have a Credit card or debit card though. The second screen app IS free but I-Tunes wants a freakin credit card number and you have to make an I-Tunes profile.

2. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Well I went to the site...typed in the "Magic Code"(must be an inside joke since magic doesn't exist...I guess:whatever: Because magic didn't happen.:woot:

Nothing is prompted or anything. It doesn't ask me anything.

3. JOE

JOE _________________________

Which store is supposed to get the briefcase? I checked at DVD store in the mall and they said it had been delayed, if not cancelled? Does anybody know anything about this?

4. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

It got delayed until spring 2013. Its suppose to have even more special features and stuff.

5. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I just saw a commercial on Direct TV cinema and they are selling a deluxe edition that is not sold in stores. I was wondering if anyone else had any information on this? What makes the direct TV deluxe edition different from the 4 disc set sold in stores? Or is direct tv lying to get sales? LOL

6. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can get at Ebay.

And I don't think that the BR is region free but the computer will manage that. My husband will make it possible :yay:.

7. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

I stuck the 3 bluray discs into the Steelbook and kept the 2 DVDs in the bluray case. It all worked out perfectly

8. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

That one is the 3D combo pack, their is also just a blu-ray and dvd combo

It looks like this
    [​IMG]
    http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24382363&postcount=27

The choice is yours do you want just The bonus disc or do you want the set?
    Bonus disc
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  9. ericadawn16

ericadawn16 Well-Known Member

So, two of us want to know about the DirectTv thing and no one knows anything?

I saw the ad, too. Then, I went to their site but couldn't find anything.

10. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Thank you for the detailed informations, Caped Knight. I'm most interested in the bonus disc, the movie I got already, the commentary isn't that important for me. I'm grateful for your help, now I know exactly what I have to look for.

11. The Caped Knight

Your welcome and I hope you get it.

12. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Both Targets in my area were sold out of their store exclusive 3D version. They didn't have anymore in the back and wouldn't be getting anymore until Monday so I had to settle for a 3D version from Wal-Mart with no exclusive stuff. Really didn't expect those versions to be sold out.

13. Havok83

Why not? The 3D version was the same price as the 2D so most people ended up getting that. Especially going so late in the week; chances of finding one were going to be alot less than release day

14. The Caped Knight

You do know that you could've gotten the exclusive with the regular Blu-ray & Dvd combo pack (The blue case version) and you'd still received the bonus Blu-ray disc right? It's not only available in the 3D version.

15. Havok83

Maybe he also wanted the 3D and/or digital copy

16. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I got the 3D version mainly for the digital copy that comes with it since I like being able to watch movies on my laptop without having to carry multiple discs around. I have no need for the 3D version at the moment but I got 4 versions of the movie at a fairly cheap price ($25). The Target exclusive disc would have been nice to have but I'm still happy with having the version I bought.

17. The Caped Knight

ah I understand.

18. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

Not that I'm picky but I find it odd how The Avengers was shot at an aspect ratio of 1.85 when most action/adventure/sci-fi films are shot at 2.35 to give it a greater scale, did the studio or Whedon have the final say on it?

It's just a bit of an annoyance when a series of films are not consistent in their screen ratios like for example Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is 1.85 but SM2 and SM3 were at 2.35.

19. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Whedon's decision

http://www.arri.com/news.html?article=950&cHash=6adfecc263fdc3b7765b4e2f93a73f81

For me, Avengers being a different ratio than the others doesn't bother me much, possibly because I prefer 1.85:1, if only for the fact that it pretty much completely fills my 16:9 television.

20. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

My target was also out surprisingly. Oh well, I will watch the 90min feature somewhere and I already got a free copy of the bluray/dvd so not that big of a deal.

21. cofphoto

cofphoto Well-Known Member

LOL visited two Target stores today, both completely out of the "exclusive" four disc set, and their website says "not available".

God I LOVE exclusives. This is as great as the exclusive 6" figures that I've never, ever seen at any Walmart stores.

Genius.

22. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I went to Target on the 26th and they had about 30 copies of the 4-disc 3-D version. I went back 2 days later and every single copy was gone.

Your best bet (other than Ebay) is off-the-beaten path Walmarts. All the city Walmarts I've seen either a) never got a shipment or b) were instantly picked clean. The same goes for Marvel Legends and DCUC. I always find more in small town stores.

23. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Part of me is suspicious of Target just pulling it off the shelves and saying they are "sold out" since I dont think that many people around this area would even pay attention to the two different versions. Of course this could just be my bitterness talking.

24. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

When it comes to business tactics, who knows? But take heart, you'll find a copy eventually. I also wouldn't be shocked to see an Avengers 1.5 version in a couple of years. If there was ever a movie begging for more than one release, it's this cash cow.

25. Havok83

Probably not till Avengers 2 is ready to be released. I dont think most people can wait that long for this. I know I couldnt