The Dark Knight Pierce In/Screiber Out? BOF Report

Take these to the bank:

1. Pearce won't be Dent let alone be involved with the franchise.

2. Penguin isn't in TDK and it's highly suspect that he'd even be re-introduced into the franchise in the first place.

3. Drafts of the script in various forms have been floating around for nearly 6 months.

4. The only site to trust in with regards to legit "exclusive scoops" on this project (at least at this present time) is Latino Review.

MJZ said:
Take these to the bank:

2. Penguin isn't in TDK and it's highly suspect that he'd even be re-introduced into the franchise in the first place.

3. Drafts of the script in various forms have been floating around for nearly 6 months.

4. The only site to trust in with regards to legit "exclusive scoops" on this project (at least at this present time) is Latino Review.

Sounds like someone is anti-BOF. He may have a lot of false rumors, but he does have a lot of true ones too. Lets not forget who was the first with the title of the film. He also got the official press release of Ledger's casting first.

And i'm not sure why you believe so heavily Pearce wont be in TDK. Read some of the quotes up above, he never says he wouldn't do a Batman movie. In fact, he states if he were to ever do a comic book movie, it would be for Nolan. Who knows at this point who's gonna play Dent though, really. It could be Schreiber, it could be Pearce, or it could be someone who's name has barely even come up. Or Nolan could have a serious lapse of judgement and cast someone like Ryan Phillipe.

Okay Pearce is a decent trade for Schreiber, but I'm still going to cry my self to sleep nonetheless if this is true.

Katsuro said:
Sounds like someone is anti-BOF. He may have a lot of false rumors, but he does have a lot of true ones too. Lets not forget who was the first with the title of the film. He also got the official press release of Ledger's casting first.

First with the title ... didn't they all get it via the press release (in which case, it might have been CHUD that was first). And Ledger, ok he got confirmation first ... so? LR broke that news.

Katsuro said:
And i'm not sure why you believe so heavily Pearce wont be in TDK. Read some of the quotes up above, he never says he wouldn't do a Batman movie. In fact, he states if he were to ever do a comic book movie, it would be for Nolan. Who knows at this point who's gonna play Dent though, really. It could be Schreiber, it could be Pearce, or it could be someone who's name has barely even come up. Or Nolan could have a serious lapse of judgement and cast someone like Ryan Phillipe.

Jett has his sources and they say what they say. Maybe they make stuff up from time to time if only to protect their own identities. LR posts facts. BOF posts rumors that may or may not materialize. The Penguin stuff is all rumor, whether it's what BOF says or what MJZ says, and we'll only find out what is what with a script review or the film being released in 2008. Who the hell knows with Dent. If Nolan isn't screen testing guys, it could be anyone. Ken Watanabe (who I think BOF hit the mark with), Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman ... all those guys came out of no where for the most part. Ledger obviously came out of no where. As far as we know, the only screentest there have been were the Batman tests (which really was just to get Bale to prove to the WB execs that he could do it) and Katie's test with Bale for Rachel (and I think she was the only one to test ... either because she was the only choice or the other rumored choices were too good to have to "test" for a role). The way I'm looking at it now, if the name comes up for the part at BOF or anywhere else that doesn't claim it to be fact/actual casting then I'm crossing that person off the list of candidates. So, no Phillippe, no Liev, no Pearce, no Lucas, no Gyllenhaal. Dent is going to be a tough one to cast, because it'd be for 2 films. With scheduling, that sort of thing takes a big committment or a big paycheck. Who knows what Ledger received, but if it's a big name it's going to have a bunch of 0's.

Heh. This reminds me of when BOF was reporting that Christian Bale was out of the running and then suddenly he was cast. And in September, I might add. Might history repeat itself? Hopefully. Moreso unlikely.

Poetic Chaos said:
I completely thought they meant Brosnan by the title.
lol,Poetic, followed by a short fainting spell and mild heart attack im sure :p

Guy would be alright but I would rather Bana be chosen if Nolan is going for an older Dent. Considering I prefer a younger Dent Im all for Phillippe. He is a very underated actor within big budget films.

Guy as Dent would be nothing short of spectacular to actually see realized.

Poetic Chaos said:
I completely thought they meant Brosnan by the title.
for a split second I thought the same

I prefer Guy Pearce over Liev Shcreiber for Harvey Dent:ninja:

MJZ said:
Take these to the bank:

Oh yeah, LR is sooooo reliable... How long ago did they promise a review of the script again?

I'm for Liev Schrieber, but if Guy Pierce got the role then I won't lose sleep over it.
Guy is quite handsome, I don't know about his acting but he seems worthy of the role in the looks department... Isn't he (or wasn't he) with Madonna? Haha.

ultimatefan said:
Oh yeah, LR is sooooo reliable... How long ago did they promise a review of the script again?
One case. That's a lot less disappointments than BOF has given out. :p

HarleyQuinn said:
Guy is quite handsome, I don't know about his acting but he seems worthy of the role in the looks department.
Ya, he definately fits the handsome bill and Ive seen him in enough diversified roles to consider him a very good actor. Which is what Dent will need. But I just appreciate that Bana evokes empathy from me just by his face.
Thats what I really want out of Dent besides supreme hotness ;)

The Only Woj said:
First with the title ... didn't they all get it via the press release (in which case, it might have been CHUD that was first).

No, the day before it became official BOF reported that the name would be the Dark Knight - it was their "scoop".

Yeah, that's true. Not much of a big thing though if it's only brought out a day before an official announcement.

Regardless of how reliable their rumors are if it wasnt for BOF we wouldnt have much to talk about here besides those annoying Robin threads. We'd still have virtually no information on the movie.

Honestly, I don't thik Phillipe will get this role.

Shreiber=Bettany

Phillipe=Hulme

Pierce=Penn

I think Nolan will choose someone, who hasn't been rumoured yet.

Cinemaman said:
Honestly, I don't thik Phillipe will get this role.

Shreiber=Bettany

Phillipe=Hulme

Pierce=Penn

I think Nolan will choose someone, who hasn't been rumoured yet.

I agree. We're more likely to see someone like Phoenix, Cusack, or even Bana before Shreiber or Phillipe.

Stringer said:
Regardless of how reliable their rumors are if it wasnt for BOF we wouldnt have much to talk about here besides those annoying Robin threads. We'd still have virtually no information on the movie.
They contribute a lot to the hype, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're the only source of it. This board was moving alone fine when there were virtually no news of a Batman film, short of Christopher Nolan directing.

In fact, I'd say having less rumors forces posters to be more creative in the discussions. More and more, all I see here are various casting threads, that go on for endless pages. I'm sorry, but that gets absolutely boring after a while. Rarely do we even see actual discussions on the characters and story anymore.

Artos said:
I agree. We're more likely to see someone like Phoenix, Cusack, or even Bana before Shreiber or Phillipe.

Phoenix, Cusack or Bana don't also look like true Nolan's choice.

I would think about someone, who is 33-36 and at first doesn't have Dent's look, but later we will realize that we were wrong about him.

Still, I doubt Phillipe, Pierce, Shreiber, Bana, Phoenix, Cusack or others, who were mentioned by rumours will get it.

Cinemaman said:
Phoenix, Cusack or Bana don't also look like true Nolan's choice.
No one here knows who/what makes up Nolan's ideal choice, except for Nolan himself. So that point is pretty much moot.

Crooklyn said:
No one here knows who/what makes up Nolan's ideal choice, except for Nolan himself. So that point is pretty much moot.

Yes, nobody knows his choice, except himself.

But what I said was just my thinking about the casting of the role like Harvey Dent/2Face.

I just wish everyone would stop saying Cusak.
TDK isnt a romantic comedy...I hope.
Can anyone honestly see him going up against actors like Freeman, Oldman, Bale and Caine?

Actually, Cusack would be not bad choice. But I think he is a bit old for role like this.

Actor, who will be playing Dent should look like 33-35 years old man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"